Tomasz Cywka

CumbrianRam

Well, surprise maybe or maybe not. Cywka made his Reading debut yesterday; OK only last ten minutes, but by all accounts appeared very lively, and one of his runs produced a penalty. He's being spoken very well of on my forum, and I don't think he'll be a bit player either - ever since Sigurdsson went to Hoffenheim our fans have been crying out for a promising attacking midfielder. He'll definitely be right in the thick of first team action, and may well play in the majority of the remaining games, it seems McDermott is quite a fan of his.

Apart from that, would just say it's been a pleasure reading this whole thread from first post to last; great comments and really sensible posters. It's not that often I see this!!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, surprise maybe or maybe not. Cywka made his Reading debut yesterday; OK only last ten minutes, but by all accounts appeared very lively, and one of his runs produced a penalty. He's being spoken very well of on my forum, and I don't think he'll be a bit player either - ever since Sigurdsson went to Hoffenheim our fans have been crying out for a promising attacking midfielder. He'll definitely be right in the thick of first team action, and may well play in the majority of the remaining games, it seems McDermott is quite a fan of his.

Apart from that, would just say it's been a pleasure reading this whole thread from first post to last; great comments and really sensible posters. It's not that often I see this!!

I'm not bothered....honest....*sniff sniff*

Hope he runs rings round us - to show our dullard manager what talented players can do when they are given a fiair crack of the whip.

Maybe, although after running a few rings around our players there is no doubt Cywka will then fall over and give the ball away (as usual) resulting in a Rams goal! Winner!

Sorry I didn't realise I'd posted in the 'Clough Can Do No Wrong' section of the forum. Cwyka never got a chance under Clough, who treated him abysmally, and now we've let him go to a club thats 4th in the table and is light years ahead of us in ambition and quality. Thats says something about Nigels judgement in my opinion and I would love to see Tom have a blinder in front of our manager to show him what could have been. Thats not the same as wanting Reading to beat us believe me.

Sorry I didn't realise I'd posted in the 'Clough Can Do No Wrong' section of the forum. Cwyka never got a chance under Clough, who treated him abysmally, and now we've let him go to a club thats 4th in the table and is light years ahead of us in ambition and quality. Thats says something about Nigels judgement in my opinion and I would love to see Tom have a blinder in front of our manager to show him what could have been. Thats not the same as wanting Reading to beat us believe me.

You should know Clough can do no wrong, especially when we are flying high in 11th as we currently are.

You could post on the Clough can't do any right forum. It usually appears when we lose a game or Jake Buxton comes on!

Why do you say that Cwyka never had a chance with Clough? Nigel Clough signed him out of the obscurity of Wigan reserves and gave him plenty of first team opportunities. Unfortunately, Cwyka failed to take that opportunity, he wouldn't or couldn't follow simple instructions. He plays the area immediately in front of him without any awareness of what else is happening. He has some football talent but then again so do some Sunday League players. I am happy for him that he is able to continue in the Championship, but only getting a contract until the end of the season is in essence a trial. I hope he improves.

When our good run does come to an end which it will at some point there are going to be alot of "I told you so's" Its always the same ppl who cant see any positives, I just dont get it???

I suppose they have got more ambition for Derby then me, dont get me wrong I want us in the prem but I dont want it yesterday I'm quite happy how Nige and Glicky are going about it!

i dont get this dislike for clough...its like it personal though...and your either a "clough can do no wrong" fan or you really really dont like him...it comes to something when people want an opposition player to have a blinder (but not win???) just to prove clough was wrong ffs

This Clough/Cywka debate is beyond me.

We would never have heard of Tommy if Clough hadn't unearthed him from Wigan ressies and given him a chance. He was probably playing at a similar level to Ben Pringle at the time, but because he was from a prem reserve team Clough was spared the Nigel rubbish.

It very nearly paid off as Tommy has some talent and may or may not make a career for himself. Just never worked out, tis a shame but its not the first time a manager has signed a player then got rid of him.

Unless he is given a few million to spend on fees and wages this is what Clough has to do. Keep wheeling and dealing to try and find the right players.

Its an easy job from behind a keyboard, not so in real life.

Archived