Tomasz Cywka

CumbrianRam

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the minute we have players who would come in ahead of him but if we were to lose a couple to injury(Stoke match??) then surely his services would be required. If Maguire goes aswell then we will have no backup in attacking areas....Sorry I forgot about Connor Doyle(is he attack minded??).

If he had stayed I think Clough's son would have been on the bench before him.

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2587927,00.html]http://www.dcfc.co.u...2587927,00.html

According to dcfc official, its an undisclosed deal?? Does that mean we got a bit of cash for him??

No.

From Reading OS:

[size=4]

Tomasz, 23, can play just behind the striker or on either wing, and joins until the end of the season on a free transfer from Derby County. The Royals also have an option to extend his contract beyond this summer.

[/size]

Will be typical if he comes back to haunt us!!! With around 8 players leaving in the past month, I hope some readies will be available for a couple of signings. Bywater, Leacock and Pearson must have been on Premier style wages as their contracts were renegotiated whilst we were in the top flight :-)

NC on Cywka

Tomasz hasn't featured too heavily for us this season so this is a good chance for him to try and get some first-team football elsewhere as he looks to try and force his way into the Poland reckoning ahead of Euro 2012.

He has been on the fringes of the first-team for the majority of the season and despite that he hasn't been an ounce of trouble. We wish him well in the future.

The bottom line is, at his best he's better than players who've featured more than him this season. It's a managers job to get the best out of their players, Nigel failed to do this.

Im sorry no way is he better than Ward or Green. Even Ben Davies contributed heavily with his assists. You can't polish a turd.

I don't think his footballing abilities have had much to do with this move, now matter how good a player you are or how good your manager is, if you can't follow instructions and do what the boss tells you then how are the rest of the team meant to play around you when they don't know what your doing? It causes chaos.

For me tommy was a player who - all things being equal - you'd want to keep around but is by no means a massive loss. We've been on two pretty good unbeaten runs this season so far without him so it's not like he has been massively effective.

Seeing as Cywka had a modicum of skill and flair it isn't too difficult to see why he didn't fit into Clough's plans

Exactly. Its amazing how many people on here are backing Clough on this. I realise our beloved manager can do no wrong in their eyes but frankly I trust the judgement of a proper manager like Brian McDermott - he clearly understands that Tom has that spark of flair & creativity that can under the right circumstances can change games, and that every team needs someone like this.

We may be a couple of points off the playoffs but we are worlds apart from the likes of Reading or Cardiff who play football the way its meant to be played. Good luck to Cwyka, he'lll turn out to be a very handy signing for the Royals.

Archived