Mason Bennett

Ambitious

How do you put a value on the potential of a 15 year old? he's not even on Football Manager yet so we don't even have a starting point.

If he is highly rated by clubs like Man City I'd just hope Glick get a decent deal for the club, maybe insert clauses like if he plays for England, or scores X amount of goals in the Prem

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3m wont help us mainly because the wage budget wont sustain a multi million puond player who will demand big wages.

NC sees him in training every day week, and must know if he is going to be a superstar or not, even at 15, therefore I would keep him and hope he progresses to an offer that may make a difference in a couple of years time.

Probably the best course of action, but like you say, he's only 15 years old at the moment. There's no real point in selling him yet.

What's the difference between Man City youth and Derby youth at the moment?

Here at Derby he's got the chance to play first team football and gain valuable experience here. There's a chance Derby might get promoted in the next 2 or 3 years, by which he'll be 17 or 18, he can then go on to play first team football in the premiership.

To me that adds more value to him, assuming he makes the grade, so it's more profitable to Derby to keep him here for now, for him too.

As much as we all think what would be the best idea, and what would be the best for him etc etc

we all know if money gets put on the table the board will sell!

If man city are interested then money isnt really an object so they should sell for the highest price possible

I really don't know why the lad is supposed to be a "wonder kid". He has come on and done all right- better than you would expect a 15 year old to do but is nowhere near ready yet. It is impossible to predict how he will progress, there are countless kids who look the part but never make it. For this reason I would be tempted to take 3 mill with decent add ons for appearances etc if it was to be invested in someone who can help us challenge for the playoffs next season- not "maybe" be good enough in 3 years time.

Keep him, play him in 15 to 20 games next season and then see where he is. He does look like he has the quality but he's only 15! if in those games he bags a few maybe some assists then there might be a decision to make but surely at this stage the club, his parents and himself see its better to be at Derby for another year.

I really don't know why the lad is supposed to be a "wonder kid". He has come on and done all right- better than you would expect a 15 year old to do but is nowhere near ready yet. It is impossible to predict how he will progress, there are countless kids who look the part but never make it. For this reason I would be tempted to take 3 mill with decent add ons for appearances etc if it was to be invested in someone who can help us challenge for the playoffs next season- not "maybe" be good enough in 3 years time.

Wonderkid for his age though. When we played United U18s, he was probably the best player on the pitch, as were Hughes. United could have done with the pair of them, then they would have murked us.

he wont move until he is 17-18 i'm thinking?

Your forgetting he's still in school, only in gcse year isnt it? If he were to go for a move to man city or such, he'd have the problems of moving school etc.

That really wouldn't be a problem for the money that would be on the table, I think.

Archived