Mason Bennett

Ambitious

[url=http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-united/1214409-manchester-united-rival-liverpool-for-derby-county-prospect.html?]http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-united/1214409-manchester-united-rival-liverpool-for-derby-county-prospect.html?

It was going to come up eventually, sounds like the brightest prospect in the country at his age group and the top teams will be all over him like a rash.

I talked yesterday at work with another Derby fan and we was talking how much would it take for us to sell him, would be disappointing to see him never wear the black and white of Derby and leave for a small figure but then again, if we can get a good price for him at this age would we be better off selling him and putting the money back into the first team like Southampton did with Oxlade-Chamberlein.

I would sell for anything over 8million personally, give him a few games and I don't think we'll be far off seeing bids around that mark.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If my lad who is a Derby Supporter was offered the chance to go to Manchester Utd and be developed by their youth system I would struggle to find a reason why to block the move. Ferguson has a long history of developing youth and is recognised as being the best coach/manage in British Football. If the lad wants to go we can not really stop him however I would want a sizeable compensation. A couple of their fringe players and a couple of million would be nice

if we got a good price for him i would be willing to let him go, i would also try and get a percentage of the next sale clause, if he is going to be world class and he was sold for 30 million plus i would want some of that.

As much as I like you YR, I'd much rather it went to the club.

What would be a good price for a 15 year old player that we haven't seen in the first team?

I don't see how any of us could put a valuation on that...well yeah I can see but without plucking numbers out the sky.

Anyhow tell Man Utd £10m or feck off.

Do not get me wrong I would love to see him in a Derby Shirt and would love him to stay. Hoever the lure of United may prove to be too stronf with Ferguson at the helm. I would look at playing him in the FA cup depending on who we have to give him the experience. I am not fussed about a cup run I would rather continue being in the top 6 in the league.

Archived