Mason Bennett

Ambitious

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If an offer of 8 millon come in it'd be ridiculous to turn it down even though hes only 15. Think of who we could buy with all that!? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Under the EPPP rules the big clubs could take him for £150,000, max. before the age of 17.

Chelsea, Man City, Manure, Arsenal and Spurs could snap up the 20 best 15/16 year olds in the country for around £2m total if they so wished.

Lets say Spurs spent £500k on 4 lads like Bennett........if only one of them turned out a Prem player they've hit the jackpot. Arsenal would have only paid £300k for Walcott AND Oxtail-Chamberpot......

The fact is Bennett could go for as little as £150k before he's 17 and there's nowt we can do about it.

Under the EPPP rules the big clubs could take him for £150,000, max. before the age of 17.

Chelsea, Man City, Manure, Arsenal and Spurs could snap up the 20 best 15/16 year olds in the country for around £2m total if they so wished.

Lets say Spurs spent £500k on 4 lads like Bennett........if only one of them turned out a Prem player they've hit the jackpot. Arsenal would have only paid £300k for Walcott AND Oxtail-Chamberpot......

The fact is Bennett could go for as little as £150k before he's 17 and there's nowt we can do about it.

I thought because of the contract when he turns 17 they couldn't?

EPPP won't affect Bennett or Hughes, they've signed new deals to keep them at the club until 20.

EPPP won't affect Bennett or Hughes, they've signed new deals to keep them at the club until 20.

The EPPP took the Premier League 2 years to draw up. It looks like they've tried to close all the loopholes.................

Under the new rules, clubs who qualify for class one status will be able to select youngsters from a pool of nationwide talent and those already contracted to another club will be able to leave for minimal compensation. A category 1 academy will have the freedom to select any player playing from a tier 2-4 academy; all that will be required is for the club to contact the other club and inform they are coming to see the player. This will prevent clubs from holding onto their players, in the current rules these clubs will receive a nominal fee if a player is “taken”. However, the new rules involve reduced compensation, which does not seem fair in return for a top player.

[url=http://the4thofficial.co.uk/2012/04/02/the-truth-about-the-eppp-progression-or-destruction/]http://the4thofficial.co.uk/2012/04/02/the-truth-about-the-eppp-progression-or-destruction/

Its a big committment from the board. The Academy budget must be at least £2.35m with a minimum of 18 full time coaches.

It'll be interesting to see if we meet that criteria. I'm not criticising the club or the current set up (which is highly thought of by all accounts), its just that I don't think many people realise how loaded the EPPP is towards the big Premiership clubs.

its just that I don't think many people realise how loaded the EPPP is towards the big Premiership clubs.

I think it was a case of accepting this to get a helping hand from prem clubs all the time and let players go for a smaller amount than no help from prem clubs and get a higher fee for players, which is short term minded or lack of belief in their academy. (I may be wrong and that they do not make a constant payment with the EPPP)

Whilst the likes of the big guns in the premiership snapping up young talent, I think there are some points being missed. They could snap up 20 15/16 year olds, however if it was my 15 year old he would not be going off to London no matter how good he was as his education would still come before football. Regardless if any assurance from the club, the upheavel would do more damage to his education, they are not equiped to leave home at that age and I would hope that my son realised that its better to be in a small pond and have support, rather than jumping in a bigger one.

Whilst the likes of the big guns in the premiership snapping up young talent, I think there are some points being missed. They could snap up 20 15/16 year olds, however if it was my 15 year old he would not be going off to London no matter how good he was as his education would still come before football. Regardless if any assurance from the club, the upheavel would do more damage to his education, they are not equiped to leave home at that age and I would hope that my son realised that its better to be in a small pond and have support, rather than jumping in a bigger one.

My sons Sunday morning team played a friendly against Port Vale under 12's on Sunday. They had a lad up front who was absolute quality. I was told by their coach that he had been asked to go to Man City but his parents and the kid chose to stay at Vale. Think that proves the point you just made.

The player - and Parents - still have to agree to it.

My sons Sunday morning team played a friendly against Port Vale under 12's on Sunday. They had a lad up front who was absolute quality. I was told by their coach that he had been asked to go to Man City but his parents and the kid chose to stay at Vale. Think that proves the point you just made.

Absolutely. If Darren Wassall and Nige can convince the parents that they will have a chance of first team football at Derby then thats great.

The point I am making though is if the kids/parents decide to take the promise of huge wages we'll only get a fraction of the potential worth.

It might well be a true measure of Nigel's worth and his legacy to this club if the best kids choose to stay here, at least until they are established players. Time will tell.

The EPPP took the Premier League 2 years to draw up. It looks like they've tried to close all the loopholes.................

Under the new rules, clubs who qualify for class one status will be able to select youngsters from a pool of nationwide talent and those already contracted to another club will be able to leave for minimal compensation. A category 1 academy will have the freedom to select any player playing from a tier 2-4 academy; all that will be required is for the club to contact the other club and inform they are coming to see the player. This will prevent clubs from holding onto their players, in the current rules these clubs will receive a nominal fee if a player is “taken”. However, the new rules involve reduced compensation, which does not seem fair in return for a top player.

[url=http://the4thofficial.co.uk/2012/04/02/the-truth-about-the-eppp-progression-or-destruction/]http://the4thofficia...or-destruction/

Interesting, I read an interview with Glick the other day that said the likes of Hughes and Bennett won't be affected because of the contracts they signed with the club (same with Lelan and Thomas). His words were "the under-14s from August" will be the ones we will struggle to keep hold of due to EPPP

Interesting, I read an interview with Glick the other day that said the likes of Hughes and Bennett won't be affected because of the contracts they signed with the club (same with Lelan and Thomas). His words were "the under-14s from August" will be the ones we will struggle to keep hold of due to EPPP

You may well be right then Wilko with regards to Bennett and Hughes......maybe if the contracts were signed before the introduction of EPPP they are exempt from the new system. Its difficult to find a comprehensive list of the full rules and regs.

Dunna bode well for the next generation though.

You may well be right then Wilko with regards to Bennett and Hughes......maybe if the contracts were signed before the introduction of EPPP they are exempt from the new system. Its difficult to find a comprehensive list of the full rules and regs.

Dunna bode well for the next generation though.

But we'll be one of the "haves" then with a category 1 academy, lording it in the Prem!!

At the end of the day EPPP is here and it does not bode well for clubs who do not invest in the academies as much as buying players into the club. Our board have made it clear that they will not be producing vast amounts of money for transfers, however if they are going to invest into the academy at the level where we achieve Level 1 then this could be a massive coup for Derby as we could end up with some very good players for little to no money being outlayed.

It is just a case of waiting and seeing now how it pans out.

We agreed to the EPPP so if it comes back to bite us on the ass, we can't complain... I think it's unfair to run the rule for everyone, if a club wanted to opt out, then there academy should be run as normal without the premiership money to help support it, and the ones that wanted the money and agreed to the EPPP then so be it.

It's another vile inclusion on football, we can steal players from other teams however so I suppose its dog eat dog.

Archived