Mason Bennett

Ambitious

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not get me wrong I would love to see him in a Derby Shirt and would love him to stay. Hoever the lure of United may prove to be too stronf with Ferguson at the helm. I would look at playing him in the FA cup depending on who we have to give him the experience. I am not fussed about a cup run I would rather continue being in the top 6 in the league.

Rooney a life long Evertonian couldnt wait to leave even when in the first team so I doubt anyone could hold the kid back when the almighty yankee dollar gets thrashed around and a greedy agent turns his head. And judging from todays performance Sir Alex needs to do something..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Mature player, has the mental ability to change his game to adapt for the first team. He's used to knocking it past U18's and running, realises he can't do that. First team action hasn't gone to his head, trained hard with the U18's after the Boro game.

Praised Clough and Glick for the academy, doesn't think the new EPPP rules will affect us, parents should look beyond the short term monetary gains and see that their kids stand a better chance of first team football than going to a club like Man City. If your good enough your old enough at Derby.

I was really impressed with Mason Bennett, he looks like the sort of player that won't be long before he is a prolific goalscorer at this level, maybe next year looks quick, sharp, strong and once he breaks into getting used to playing at this level and gets a feel I feel he will be our most prized asset.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't know if any of you have seen this but apparently City are in for our 'wonderkid' (doesn't seem to be that much meat to the article) [url=http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/241475/Nigel-Clough-fears-sale-of-Mason-Bennett/?]http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/241475/Nigel-Clough-fears-sale-of-Mason-Bennett/?

What are your thoughts on this £1.5M is a large offer for a player of his age. Based on the likes of Giles Barnes et al I would maybe look at accepting a £3M plus fee with some add ons.

3M would go a long way in helping Clough develop his squad for next season.

If we could get that figure for the lad and the money were promised to build the team I would say let's sell.

Lower league youth squads are merely building blocks for the big clubs nowadays anyway so by hanging onto him we are merely delaying the inevitable.

At £3million I would sell, but I wouldn't sell for a penny less and i'd want it all reinvesting, that money could be spent on a proven championship player, that would help us out in the short-medium term, a player of the ilk of Billy sharp (£2million) and a good left back (500k) and that other half a million could be put towards a good centre midfielder, which you need to spend £750k for, then we've got a squad capable of a top 6 finish

There is no doubt that in time Mason will be a great player, but should we be waiting round for 3 years to see what he could become? There are other youngesters that are just as capable such as Hughes. Every player has a price, and the sale could really add some quality players to our team. Case study - Southampton and Alex O-C

Archived