Mason Bennett

Ambitious

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS let's stop this thread right now and allow the kid to have an education, a stress free formative years and let him figure out what HE wants to do, before the cash whores sell him to the highest bidder and another young lad is put into a situation where failure is not an option.

Football history has shown how top clubs demand an instant return from young high cost kids, if not they are just a broken piece on a scrap pile, and so badly damaged they miss out on any possibility of achieving their dreams or potential.

I would respectfully ask the mods to close threads on Mason, out of respect of his own personal right of privacy, his young age and just to stop people seeing him as a cash cow.

The boy is part of dcfc therefore we have a right to talk about it, we are talking about the future and growing up is always stressful. Football history hasn't shown that at all, look at arsenal. I suppose we can't talk about any player because of their own personal right to privacy then? Failure is always an option and if he fails at a big club he will have a financial payout to set him up for life.

I'd sell for £1.5 to £2m providing that the Board guarantee they will reinvest it in the playing squad. Let's face it, unless he is a die hard Rams fan then he'l;l want to be off to ManU like a shot.

If we could keep hold and develop him further then who knows what his potential worth is, nice to have this sort of problem though as opposed to moaning that our development policy doesn't work.

The boy is part of dcfc therefore we have a right to talk about it, we are talking about the future and growing up is always stressful. Football history hasn't shown that at all, look at arsenal. I suppose we can't talk about any player because of their own personal right to privacy then? Failure is always an option and if he fails at a big club he will have a financial payout to set him up for life.

He is a small part of DCFC, he cannot be counted as a first team player or a squad member. He cannot sign a professional contract for at least another year.

You really need to dig a little deeper to disprove my statement, and go and look at the secondary academies that have been set up in Portugal and Spain for players that where bless early and failed. A lot are coming back, both British and other European, admittedly in lower divisions than top flights, but they have had careers reformed. Unfortunate there are some that never have a second chance

If you think I am wrong. How come the premier league has now stopped funding to lower league clubs, unless arbitration is abolished. GUESS FOQOOOOOOKING what.....it has.

Young British talent is just a slave to the premiership. At this rate no team will break into the top five or six, national game will be less pointless than it is now, and kids with talent will never get a real chance to do what they love and play football. Welcome to thebworld of broken promises and exploration. Thought slavery was illegal ????

Im sure Derby have got an agreement with him that when he turns 16 he signs a 4 year contract?

Heard somewhere Derby have got him at least until he's 20

If that's so, under current contract law he can rescind that once he reaches 18. That is what the premier league wants as it's a result of FFP, they need to be financially responsible, therefore what is the easiest way to save some cash, than bully a lower league club and scalp possible future talent. If it works great, if not who cares, it's just a kid with a dream and a lower league club.

If that happens Southampton would have got 100k for the kid that went to the gunners

He is a small part of DCFC, he cannot be counted as a first team player or a squad member. He cannot sign a professional contract for at least another year.

You really need to dig a little deeper to disprove my statement, and go and look at the secondary academies that have been set up in Portugal and Spain for players that where bless early and failed. A lot are coming back, both British and other European, admittedly in lower divisions than top flights, but they have had careers reformed. Unfortunate there are some that never have a second chance

If you think I am wrong. How come the premier league has now stopped funding to lower league clubs, unless arbitration is abolished. GUESS FOQOOOOOOKING what.....it has.

Young British talent is just a slave to the premiership. At this rate no team will break into the top five or six, national game will be less pointless than it is now, and kids with talent will never get a real chance to do what they love and play football. Welcome to thebworld of broken promises and exploration. Thought slavery was illegal ????

I coach junior football in my local area and it is not just the premiership teams who shatter players confidence the ones round me are in Championship, League 1 or 2. I will never stop a kid going to an academy however I sit their parents down and explain that it is cut-throat at every age group, each week he will be assessed and if his forms dips and a player is deemed better than him/her then they will be replaced. This could happen at any time. They are not too concernced about building up confidence or developing them. I have had players go been dumped they just want to play footballl but their parents still think they are the next best thing and pile on even more pressure on them to get back into an academy.

Grasstroot football is undergoing a major changes as apparently it is us not the academies that will develop the next crop of English players. The academies are not facing the changes we are at junior club level. The reason our national team is poor is because a majority of academies are not interested in developing talent hence not many come through the system. Clough 2 yrs ago made the decision of developing youth as the world of football was changing hence people like Bennett, Obrien, Ball, Hendrick has come through the ranks. Since Alex Ferguson at Utd how many teams in the top two divisions have/are producing their own local talent in groups.

Well done Clough and the coaching staff from top to bottom for actually realising talent in academies need developing and not just chucked on the scrap heap. Not many clubs would keep a playerafter heart operation at a young age.

If that's so, under current contract law he can rescind that once he reaches 18. That is what the premier league wants as it's a result of FFP, they need to be financially responsible, therefore what is the easiest way to save some cash, than bully a lower league club and scalp possible future talent. If it works great, if not who cares, it's just a kid with a dream and a lower league club.

If that happens Southampton would have got 100k for the kid that went to the gunners

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Oxlade-Chamberlain]Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Archived