Steve Davies

Subman

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County are waiting to discover the exact details of the injury Steven Davies suffered in Saturday's npower Championship fixture with Southampton.

The striker was stretchered off towards the end of the 1-1 draw with the league leaders at Pride Park Stadium.

He sustained a head injury and was immediately taken to hospital for an x-ray.

Derby boss Nigel Clough said: "We're expecting the full diagnosis very soon.

"Steven took a whack on his head and he seemed to have a dent above his eyebrow.

"It wasn't his eye socket or cheekbone which we believe is good, so we will see what the x-ray says."

Davies is Derby's leading goalscorer this season with five goals, four of which have come at Pride Park.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2483186,00.html

Yeah there aren't half some ***** in the staduim. A Glaswegian behind me's a complete tit. That said there were alot of fans in general today that annoyed the hell out of me, we were winnin 1-0 and they were acting like we were losing 2-0, on the backs of the players the whole game, couldnt stand it.

Oh yeah, an get well soon Steve.

Most of the 33,010 annoyed me today

Full house for a top-of-the-table clash and all the noise came from the 2,500 travellers.

We have a big fan base, but only a handful of supporters.

Completely agree, the only noise half the fans made was the sound of moans and them getting on the players backs, even when we were 1-0 up. I'd prefer the 24,000 that turned up at Barnsley than todays 33,000 any day. Where did those 9,000 come from? Decided to 'support' the team now we're doing well?

Archived