Steve Davies

Subman

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theo ruins more attacks than he helps, his touch and passing is a real problem. While coaching can help to an extent with this, you either have the talent or you don't. He looks uncomfortable even when on the ball, i would prefer maguire to be given a go than theo starting all the time.

I would like to see Maguire given a chance too, but I am sick of people getting on Theo's back. I feel bad saying this as he has had a nasty injury (again) but Davies isn't actually any good- he is slow, selfish and lazy. He does nothing to help the team apart from shoot, is constantly walking back from an offside position and misses very easy chances. For my money he should have stayed in midfield where he belongs. The reason Theo gets such a bad rap is because he is actually on the ball to do something wrong not waiting for someone to play you in twice a game so you can squander another chance.

theo ruins more attacks than he helps, his touch and passing is a real problem. While coaching can help to an extent with this, you either have the talent or you don't. He looks uncomfortable even when on the ball, i would prefer maguire to be given a go than theo starting all the time.

Ruins more attacks than he helps? Behave, were you there yesterday? Theo was the only bloke on the pitch aside from Hendrick actually capable of creating an attack. His hold-up play was much improved and to be honest, if Steve Davies was half as arsed as Theo was yesterday Theo would have had a partner to pass the ball to when he held it.

The only reason Theo kept losing out yesterday was because Davies was either too slow on the break or too lazy to find a decent position, allowing the defence to outmuscle Theo and clear.

One particular moment stood out to me in the second half. Theo came back to defend the corner and managed to put a good challenge in on Chaplow (I think?). He hacked it clear, high and long, and started chasing. He almost made it to the ball before the defender who stayed in his own half, put him under pressure and won us a throw-in. Davies was still jogging out of the penalty area at the time.

The only thing holding Theo back yesterday was Davies. I'd love to see Theo and Ward given a couple of games up front together because at the moment, Davies is developing a case of the Kris Commons cold

In the Leicester game, Robinson lost the ball more times than he kept hold of it.

TBF Everyone was shi*e at Fester- you can't single Theo out for that. I just find it amazing that some people think that Davies is the second coming but slate Theo- if you are trying to make things happen you are going to lose the ball a lot more often than if you wait for someone else to take the chance of forcing something to give you a chance on goal. I don't dislike Davies but he needs to up his work rate when he is fit again- saying that though I have a sneaky suspicion that things may just fall in to place while he is out with Tyson coming back and maybe Maguire, Ball and Cwyka given a chance to show what they are capable of. It is feasible that we won't see much of Davies, fit or not, for the remainder of the season

One particular moment stood out to me in the second half. Theo came back to defend the corner and managed to put a good challenge in on Chaplow (I think?). He hacked it clear, high and long, and started chasing. He almost made it to the ball before the defender who stayed in his own half, put him under pressure and won us a throw-in. Davies was still jogging out of the penalty area at the time.

I thought he was trying to controll the ball at that point 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I think both Davies and Robinson are both ****, two players that will stop us being a top half side come the end of the season. Theo should be kept for the bench and Davies shouldnt even be in our reserves.

You mean the blokes that have scored most of our goals between them?

Fact is - we haven't got many other options.

Both are relatively young/inexperienced strikers who are doing ok in my book.

You mean the blokes that have scored most of our goals between them?

Fact is - we haven't got many other options.

Both are relatively young/inexperienced strikers who are doing ok in my book.

You'd hope that the two people playing upfront all season would score most of our goals. The fact that there is no other options raises questions.

Steve Davies is a better looking but poorer version of Berbatov. Still wouldn't wish his injury on anyone tho.

I thought he had his worst game for us on sat. his lack of effort cost us in terms of the sustained soton possession we were having to contend with.

It put a lot of pressure on the midfield.

I don't dislike SD and i don't have the manlove that some seen to have cywka but i did think we looked much more comfortable when the substitution was made.

You'd hope that the two people playing upfront all season would score most of our goals. The fact that there is no other options raises questions.

Totally agree, Theo shouldnt be a regular choice, at best a 15 minute impact player, somebody on Saturday summed it up perfectly when they said he is a good player without the ball, with it he is pretty useless. He cant control a ball, cant pass, cant shoot, and well cross it, we saw what happened on sat. Im amazed that some people gave him a 7-8 as a rating on here, what would that make Lambert who was so much better in everything he did, just watch when the ball gets played into Theos feet, his first touch is awful to say the least, and more often that not, results in the ball being given away.

Davies at the moment, is also not much better, and IMO the reason we often get overun in terms of possesion is that we dont have a forward player that can keep possession.

Amazing how the third season in a row, once again we are struggling for a centre forward, will we ever learn 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Now that Pearson isn't playing, it seems some people have to find someone else to have a go at.

At the end of last season it was Ben Davies - now he's doing ok it's Steve Davies and/or Theo Robinson.

Now Steve is out it just leaves Theo.

For God's save get a grip on reality - Robinson was never intended as a first choice for this season, but he's come in (and done "better than expected" according to Clough) because we don't really have much else - if Tyson had been fit Theo just might have made the bench.

He's done a decent job in the circumstances - don't blame him for not winning headers against 6'-4" defenders.

Have we had anyone in recent years that did that - NO - not even Steve Howard could do it and he just ended up giving away free kicks most of the time, hardly ever won a ball that was just lumped up field.

It was the same with Raziak.

It's the same with Steve Davies. - that's why he now has a dent in his head.

Leave Theo alone and let him get on with it - he had a decent game on Saturday and did exactly what the magical Lambert did - scored one goal, and that's what counts.

SUPPORT THE PLAYERS AND STOP MOANING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that Pearson isn't playing, it seems some people have to find someone else to have a go at.

At the end of last season it was Ben Davies - now he's doing ok it's Steve Davies and/or Theo Robinson.

For God's save get a grip on reality - Robinson was never intended as a first choice for this season, but he's come in (and done "better than expected" according to Clough) because we don't really have much else - if Tyson had been fit Theo just might have made the bench.

He's done a decent job in the circumstances - don't blame him for not winning headers against 6'-4" defenders.

Have we had anyone in recent years that did that - NO - not even Steve Howard could do it and he just ended up giving away free kicks most of the time, hardly ever won a ball that was just lumped up field.

Leave Theo alone and let him get on with it - he had a decent game on Saturday and did exactly what the magical Lambert did - scored one goal, and that's what counts.

Can't we all just agree to pick on Roberts like last season? Like Glick says, we need continuity!

Cant stand posts like this, it's a forum, people post opinions on all aspects of the club. If i think Theo Robinson and Steve Davies are **** i'll say so. 'Not even Steve Howard won headers' - seriously? That's all Howard did do. Howard won more headers in a game than Steve Davies has done all season. Scoring one goal is all what counts in the game, another ludicrous statement.

I do support the players, even the crap ones.

Archived