Favourite Quotes/Texts

Alex W

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why one of my previous comments was deleted, so presumably another debate sparked off after I left. Don't ruin this f*cking thread aswell with arguments chaps, I actually like this thread.

Might learn something :)

I am still learning

Michelangelo

By the way, Alex, I was visiting Yeats' grave yesterday and that 1st quote of yours is written on it.

Really? Didn't know that :) I really like that little poem, the last three lines especially.

The man was a poetic genius.

"...But when it comes to human beings, the only type of cause that matters is final cause, the purpose. What a person had in mind. Once you understand what people really want, you can't hate them anymore. You can fear them, but you can't hate them, because you can always find the same desires in your own heart." - Orson Scott Card (Speaker for The Dead).

Was looking for Kevin Keegans infamous quote RE: Manchester United and the title.

Found some absolute gems.

“Well, that’s like asking me who is on my Christmas card list. I sit down with the wife and I say ‘Did they send us one last year or this year’, and if they haven’t we rip the name up and throw it in the bin. But then, a couple of days after Christmas the card might arrive late so we do a card for them on the 28th and date it the 22nd and send it off and hope they don’t notice…I haven’t a clue what I’m talking about.” - Kevin Keegan.

'England can end the millennium as it started - as the greatest football nation in the world.' - Kevin Keegan.

http://www.england2010.co.uk/kevin-keegan-quotes.htm

"Come on kids, you're mother's had a very stressful day - we should go and leave her to clear the table in peace."

"Bart, get down here - your dinner's getting all cold and eaten"

Homer Simpson.

A man of my own heart

What’s the point of going out? We’re just going to wind up back here anyway - Homer

"Inflammable means flammable? What a country" - Dr Nick

A man of my own heart

What’s the point of going out? We’re just going to wind up back here anyway - Homer

"Inflammable means flammable? What a country" - Dr Nick

If you like those try this 1 on for size

Alcohol, the solution to, and cause of, all life's problems

If you like those try this 1 on for size

Alcohol, the solution to, and cause of, all life's problems

Not sure on that one but I do like when Barney comes out of Detox and walks straight into Retox with Moe waiting for him

We should definitely get a Simpsons thread, without doubt the greatest television show ever.

Archived