Favourite Quotes/Texts

Alex W

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a few of my favorite quotes:

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

'Kansas doesn't need the United States, the United States needs Kansas'

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Be glad we're not getting all the government we're paying for"

-Will Rogers

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

John Wayne

"How did you get to Stillwater, on hope and a f---in umbrella!?"

-My super wasted friend to a couple of girls that showed up at a house party we were at. Cockblocking fool.

• 1 month later...

From the late, great, Brian Clough -

"Women run everything you know. The only decision I've taken in my house in the last 20 years is recognise Angola as an independent state".

"My Barbara made it crystal clear that she wanted no part of some of the antics that put my name in the headlines".

"I took my cheque from Leeds straight to the bank. If anyone was that shallow and stupid to sack me after 44 days, I didn't trust them".

"Don't walk on my pitch with your high heels on. Mind you, they go with your earrings" - to a bunch of fashion conscious opposition players.

"The speeches, such as they were, had to be short, because I needed to be at Ayresome Park before two-o-clock to play against Leyton Orient" - reflecting on his Wedding Day in 1959.

What a character he was 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Archived