Favourite Quotes/Texts

Alex W

Not sure on that one but I do like when Barney comes out of Detox and walks straight into Retox with Moe waiting for him

We should definitely get a Simpsons thread, without doubt the greatest television show ever.

the first few series were brilliant but it is garbage now for me, they should have ended it years ago and for that they have lost the title, but for me they didn't have it in the first place. Something like Morse, friends, family guy all you could argue are better quality than simpsons among numerous others.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the first few series were brilliant but it is garbage now for me, they should have ended it years ago and for that they have lost the title, but for me they didn't have it in the first place. Something like Morse, friends, family guy all you could argue are better quality than simpsons.

What a surprise. Edin loves the Simpsons with a passion, YR say's it's Garbage.

brace yourselves.

the first few series were brilliant but it is garbage now for me, they should have ended it years ago and for that they have lost the title, but for me they didn't have it in the first place. Something like Morse, friends, family guy all you could argue are better quality than simpsons.

The newer series aren't very good, agreed. The older series are just incredible, so so clever, there is humour for everybody. Morse? Family Guy? are you kidding me. Friends is a classic, but it's not exactly laugh out loud funny (well not for me).

What a surprise. Edin loves the Simpsons with a passion, YR say's it's Garbage.

brace yourselves.

:D what can i say, it used to be very good but the longevity of the series eroded the quality, like family guy, family guys quality is slowly diminishing because it has hit just over 10 seasons most shows struggle after that, the key to a brilliant show is to know when to end it not to destroy it's reputation which the simpsons have done.

:D what can i say, it used to be very good but the longevity of the series eroded the quality, like family guy, family guys quality is slowly diminishing because it has hit just over 10 seasons most shows struggle after that, the key to a brilliant show is to know when to end it not to destroy it's reputation which the simpsons have done.

You've made more than 10 posts YR.

Are you taking your own advice?

The newer series aren't very good, agreed. The older series are just incredible, so so clever, there is humour for everybody. Morse? Family Guy? are you kidding me. Friends is a classic, but it's not exactly laugh out loud funny (well not for me).

I know morse isn't funny but in terms of quality every episode was impeccable and they knew when to end it, they knew to call time and it was great quality throughout and it was television . Family guy is very good, especially the earlier seasons more laugh out loud than now and for me earlier series better than the simpsons, but like the simpsons the quality is diminishing and they will overstretch it. I have simpsons series 2-8 and find them very good clever pieces of comedy but they have ruined it. Comedy doesn't have to be clever to be better, it is what it is and it for me especially earlier is better than the simpsons. Plus they have gone through adversity, the networks cancelled it twice, but so many people bought the DVDs they had to let it back on. The creation of stewie as well was masterful.

Oh and Friends was the biggest pile of American tripe I have ever seen, I would rather watch Schteve McClaren and George Boatang gay .

You can quote me on that one as well.

for me friends was again very good, the characters sat easily and you could relate certain friendships with those on friends to real life, the inbetweeners is very good as well as the peep show.

for me friends was again very good, the characters sat easily and you could relate certain friendships with those on friends to real life

Sorry I strongly disagree, it's the biggest piece of American turd that has ever been on our screens. If women had a higher IQ it would of never of made series 2, women will watch anything. I have to beat the missus with the remote at least twice a week to keep her in line and away from crap tv.

Sorry I strongly disagree, it's the biggest piece of American turd that has ever been on our screens. If women had a higher IQ it would of never of made series 2, women will watch anything. I have to beat the missus with the remote at least twice a week to keep her in line and away from crap tv.

why do you think it was so poor?

Archived