The Worse Performance To Ever Win A Game?

EastKentRam

Moan moan moan

Mate your not allowed to comment on performances and be slightly concerned about our negative displays..

You've got to sit back and be all cheery because we've got 6 points.. That's the most important thing apparently..

I think the fact we've won 2 games on the trot has given people too much cause for optimism and they're blocking out the reality.

I just pray that NC deems our performances unnacceptable and we pick it up.. At least S.Davies admits this, he's not blinded by his 2 goals and knows he needs to work harder and play better.

Of coarse it f***ing is, till we get to 50 f***ing points

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting quote taken from the Watford forum, seems to summarise their feelings on the game:

"Overall though, this is a story of an incredibly lucky Derby team, who never attacked, never threatened and somehow won the game. Before their goal I don't remember them even having a shot, they had come to try and scrape a point! Ultimate negative gameplan from Clough. God help them for the rest of the season if that is their gameplan, they won't score another goal! They could be playing until next week and not score another goal, they were woeful. It is literally incredible that they scored a goal, they really did use about a month's worth of luck with Davies hitting an absolute stunner"

Whilst the 3 points is all that matters, we will not be getting anymore maximum returns with similar performances on the road this season. If this is the point BV and EKR make then I am in agreement. Just got to enjoy it I guess, I don't think much has changed.

Is there anything more satisfying and funny in football than going to an away ground, not playing particularly well, defending for 3/4 of the game and then knicking a goal and winning 1-0..? I dont think so.

Long may it continue.

I actually agree with this, smash and grabs are awesome. Us managing to hold on is very promising as well, wouldn't have done that last year.

I'm one of those who don't really care how we get the points as long as we get them.

It gives us sometihng to build on and something to hold on to.

I'm also one of those who loves a 1-0 away robbery, it's better if it comes in the last minute of course. Clough OUT - we're scoring our winners too early.

I think Fielding made a couple of very decent saves and by all accounts Brayford cleared one off the line. GET IN THERE!

According to the Watford fans, we've turned into a bunch and nasty cheating diving sods... I'll take that as well. Maybe we needed to toughen up a little bit.

We're 3rd. if we can scrape a "negative" point away at Blackpool, I think that will keep us in the Top 6.

Now all we've got to do is stay there.

Interesting quote taken from the Watford forum, seems to summarise their feelings on the game:

"Overall though, this is a story of an incredibly lucky Derby team, who never attacked, never threatened and somehow won the game. Before their goal I don't remember them even having a shot, they had come to try and scrape a point! Ultimate negative gameplan from Clough. God help them for the rest of the season if that is their gameplan, they won't score another goal! They could be playing until next week and not score another goal, they were woeful. It is literally incredible that they scored a goal, they really did use about a month's worth of luck with Davies hitting an absolute stunner"

Whilst the 3 points is all that matters, we will not be getting anymore maximum returns with similar performances on the road this season. If this is the point BV and EKR make then I am in agreement. Just got to enjoy it I guess, I don't think much has changed.

Bet yah

The only thing im moaning about is that after 3 years of Clough being here and hoping to see a certain style built throughout the club, a way Derby are associated with playing, that we're going away to a poor Watford team, parking the bus, playing hoof ball, falling over at every opportunity and time wasting looking to scrape a 0-0 draw. We've been doing similar for 3 years away from home, although not as bad as yesterday. If this changes throughout the season then i wont care at all about yesterday, if we continue to do so our league position will reflect that.

Imagine if we'd lost both games.

I think if this was last season, we'd be on 0 points now and the doom and gloom would be unbearable.

Step by step, let the players develop together and then hopefully we begin to see the football that lifts the optimism.

I agree with this. There's just no pleasing so many foootball fans these days. If you win "dirty", you get slagged off; if you play decent football and don't win, you get slagged off. God help Managers.

I went to the Newcastle Arsenal game yesterday. Both sets of fans already unhappy with their teams. "Spend some ****ing money" came the cry from the Gunners fans. They watch a team every week who can do cartwheels while controlling the ball first time. Not good enough though. Wenger out, Clough out, surely Ferguson out today if MU don't score a pleasing win.

Where did realism go? I've watched Derby for nearly 50 years. This is a not a particularly good set of players but I've seen worse. 6 points out of 6 playing badly. Well, get used to it, it happens. We're improving, slowly.

I'll take 14th now with this squad and 10th if we sign a couple. That's realistic and I know that I am supposed to expect more because I'm a Derby fan. Well, a few boards have come and gone in the last 20 years and they have helped to put us where we are today. Without significant investment, we're in for a longish haul - unless we can win "dirty", that is - and who would want that....

I went yesterday and have to agree that our football in the first half was very poor without a shot at their goal. I don't know if the 'hoofball' was a deliberate ploy or forced on us by Watford but it wasn't pretty to watch. Could have just been a reaction to the mid-week defeat but we seemed nervous on the ball. Once we'd scored however the pressure seemed to lift from the players and I thought we played some decent stuff at times and we certainly weren't 'parking the bus'.

The positives I got from the game were the displays of Fielding, Shackell, O'Brien,Brayford and Hendrick when he came on. Croft also worked extremely hard. We looked well-organised and hard to beat which is no bad thing but we looked in desperate need of an experienced holding midfielder and a striker - exactly what we should have bought over the summer.

The trouble is some of the posts weren't constructive. There was no mention of it's a good result but we need to keep possession better etc, there were some real hatchet jobs, saying we will go down this year and NC isn't interested in playing good football.

Some people are never happy and some are always

happy. Never the twain shall meet.

The trouble is some of the posts weren't constructive. There was no mention of it's a good result but we need to keep possession better etc, there were some real hatchet jobs, saying we will go down this year and NC isn't interested in playing good football.

Some people are never happy and some are always

happy. Never the twain shall meet.

I have to say if I felt so down on the team as some do at the moment I would give up. The fact that we put in 2 sub-standard performances yet came away with 6 points is a positive isn't it? It's something to build on and hopefully with a full squad to pick from our passing game will improve.

What the team need now is our support - it was noticeable yesterday that when the supporters got behind them the players really responded.

Generally negative comment goes here

Must say EastKentRam while I agree with how poorly we played in the first half we were an awful lot better in the second half, much better than you are giving credit for.

Prior to the goal we were starting to get forward more (second half only of course), and after the goal the players did a great job of frustrating Watford - they didn't ever really look like equalising.

I accept that against better opposition we would've been punished for our first half display but the facts are that Watford - despite the lion's share of possession - rarely troubled Fielding, and you can only beat what's been put out in front of you.

Bris...do you enjoy supporting Derby? I mean, Young Ram spouts some craap at times but he still seems to enjoy being a Rams fan. You do not seem too and I wonder if it is perhaps some form of self mutilation. :(

I enjoy supporting the Rams yes.. Of course. But I don't enjoy watching us park the bus for 90 minutes away at a second rate NPC side.. If we'd done it away at Arsenal I'd understand but feckin Watford, a team destined for a lowermidtable finish..

I'm a huge huuuuuge fan of Spanish football, and obviously Mexican.. Long ball doesn't exist here, the keeper gets slaughted if he kicks the ball out of his hands.. Whilst all styles are different, I enjoy it when we work through the middle, along the ground, and build up speed to carve open teams.. I'm crying out for Clough to change to 3 in the middle with Jeff H, Bailey and Bryson so we can dominate the midfield..

As for SwissRams poiint.. No, nicking a 1-0 away win in the last minute isn't half as enjoyable as going to the likes of Sheff Wed and smashing them 5-2 playing football all kids can only dream of..

It wasn't that long ago under GB we went away to Rotherham (1-3) Gillingham (0-2) Cardiff (0-2) Reading (0-1) West Ham (1-2) Fulham (2-2) Plymouth (0-2) Sheff Utd (0-1) Wigan (0-2) etc.. And actually played them off the park, none of this defend for 85 min bull and try the smash and grab.. These times were enjoyable, now its dull, negative, bland and boring..

All IMO of course.. I just hope NC sets us up to be more adventurous as I can't see many more wins playing like we are.

It wasn't that long ago under GB we went away to Rotherham (1-3) Gillingham (0-2) Cardiff (0-2) Reading (0-1) West Ham (1-2) Fulham (2-2) Plymouth (0-2) Sheff Utd (0-1) Wigan (0-2) etc.. And actually played them off the park, none of this defend for 85 min bull and try the smash and grab.. These times were enjoyable, now its dull, negative, bland and boring...

I agree with you about some of the good football under GB... but let's not also forget that we lost our first two games of that season, at Leeds and at home to Leicester, so we're already 6 points better off. And while we did have some great away performances (though if you think we played Reading off the park you were watching a different game to me, that was the ultimate smash and grab away win, just the very thing you're criticising us for now), we also lost 1-3 at Millwall, 0-3 at Preston, 2-6 at Coventry, 1-3 at Lincoln in the cup, etc... so it wasn't all sunshine and happiness.

I also think it's a little harsh of you to expect Nigel's team to be living up to our best away seasons EVER (GB and BD). Give the team a break. We've only played two games, we've had our best start to a season since 1973, and yet still you're moaning. Out of interest, what would you have been happy with over these first two matches?? Would two 5-0 wins have been good enough for you?? Or are you just desperate to find something, anything, negative to moan about??

Where did realism go? I've watched Derby for nearly 50 years. This is a not a particularly good set of players but I've seen worse. 6 points out of 6 playing badly. Well, get used to it, it happens. We're improving, slowly.

well said that man

Archived