The Worse Performance To Ever Win A Game?

EastKentRam

What annoys me is that Clough has been here three seasons and this is how far we've come, going away to f*cking Watford and parking the bus and stealing a win. If people knew 3 years ago that's how we would be playing now they wouldnt be happy.

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?t=39249

Look at the comments on there, they lost but i'd take plenty of positive from their performance if i was a Watford fan. Other than 3 points there wasnt one significant positive to take out of todays game for us.

Thing is we won't be like that come March and we're losing games like today.

Guess its a fine line...

Sure we all want to see our teams play well but don't mind the odd scrappy win.

Understand you won't want to see it all season as teams better than us will punish you.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this thread is so negative i cant be bothered to read it

2 games

a patched up team

a clean sheet

and 3 points at a place where we usually get nothing

It's not just a case of moaning for moanings sake..

If we continue to play like this we'll be up a creek without a paddle.

Just because we won a couple of games I'm not going to delude myself into thinking we're in for a bright future/season.. The teams that do well are the teams that play well and regularly dish out good performances.

They go hand in hand.. The likes of Newcastle, Reading, Sunderland, Wolves, West Brom etc.. Didn't win the league playing negative, boring, defensive football..

It's not just a case of moaning for moanings sake..

If we continue to play like this we'll be up a creek without a paddle.

Just because we won a couple of games I'm not going to delude myself into thinking we're in for a bright future/season.. The teams that do well are the teams that play well and regularly dish out good performances.

They go hand in hand.. The likes of Newcastle, Reading, Sunderland, Wolves, West Brom etc.. Didn't win the league playing negative, boring, defensive football..

No but they did not play shithot football every week either. I remember us taking 4 pts of Newcastle.

I don't think I have actually read a positive comment from you since I joined this forum. I am just so glad I don't see the team through your eyes as I would not be a Rams fan

Brum played no better than us in the second half of the opening game. We led 2-1 already - they didn't do enough to overturn it.

Watford, again, we scored, they didn't, and we sounded very comfortable after we took the lead. Watford didn't deserve to overturn the score and take any points.

As I said earlier, the main problem we have at the moment is the lack of creativity in midfield. Until we address that problem then we're going to be reliant on 'hit and run' tactics. If we're forced down that route then we can at least make sure that we're effective at it and picking up points. So far, we have.

Staffs, but the boot on the other foot..

Had Keith Fahey and John Eustace both scored wondergoals for Brum an Watford respectively and we'd lost both games 2-1 and 1-0 would you say we were deserving of the 3 points in either..

Come off man.. You'd be one of many posters slagging off our team saying how terrible we've played and how we're in for a long season. Reality is our performances have been poor but this has been overshadowed by 6 points and 2 wonderstrikes from S.Davies..

With our performances it's a very fine line, we know this dating back to Burnley away last year when we lost 2-1.. Had we won I garauntee that people would have said that its only the result that matters and we should be delighted with the 3 points.. However, we lost, and I wasn't alone in criticising our pathetic negative attitude that night.

Just because we came away with 3 points today doesnt mean everything is rosy and we were deserving of 3 points..

If we're winning games and playing atleast ok with half a squad out and signings still needed, then i'm very happy with that.

Man Utd played poorly for half a season and yet kept winning. Did anyone complain?

We're playing ok/poorly, yet winning. Be thankful that we're doing that when out of form.

No but they did not play shithot football every week either. I remember us taking 4 pts of Newcastle.

I don't think I have actually read a positive comment from you since I joined this forum. I am just so glad I don't see the team through your eyes as I would not be a Rams fan

You've probably only followed my posts re the owners and performances.. I've mentioned many times how Bailey is a classact and Hendrick looks a great prospect etc..

Newcastle regularly performed to a high standard and romped the NPC with over 100 points.. Obviously they had a few bad games here and there.. I'd settle for a few 0-3 thrashings if we destroy 90% of the teams in the league and finish with over 100 points..

You just seem easily pleased.. I bet you were delighted when we won promotion yet came back down with a bang during our horror season.

If we're winning games and playing atleast ok with half a squad out and signings still needed, then i'm very happy with that.

Man Utd played poorly for half a season and yet kept winning. Did anyone complain?

We're playing ok/poorly, yet winning. Be thankful that we're doing that when out of form.

Jaffa cake:D

We should last season that when we want to we can knock the ball around as good as anyone in the league, and last season we also showed that we didn't have any fight whatsoever and lost a lot of the battling games.

We are doing exactly what we needed, we can show our footballing ability when is possible until then just keep grinding out results, you take out croft and ben davies, put in maguire and cywka we'll play a lot more attractive football but less defensive but at least we have that option.

you put a team out that you think will get the result, so far we're doing well. Why poke holes in it?

Man Utd were playing poorly by their standards.. Their normal standards of d!cking teams left right and centre.. It was only away from home they struggled.. But even then it wasn't like they came away being completely outplayed..

They weren't dominating games, but they weren't being dominated either and won many thanks to their matchwinners.. Then they came up against superior opposition in Barca and the inevitable happened..

Completely different scenario with us.. We're being dominated, and we weren't a top NPC team before.

Man Utd were playing poorly by their standards.. Their normal standards of d!cking teams left right and centre.. It was only away from home they struggled.. But even then it wasn't like they came away being completely outplayed..

They weren't dominating games, but they weren't being dominated either and won many thanks to their matchwinners.. Then they came up against superior opposition in Barca and the inevitable happened..

Completely different scenario with us.. We're being dominated, and we weren't a top NPC team before.

Have you any idea in respect of football. Chelsea was steaming ahead at beginning of season. Fulham and Co pushed Man Utd at begining of the season and if they had played Chelsea, Arsenal and Co at beginning of season they would have beaten then.

When they played Barcelona they were not playing poorly but to use Barcelona as an example just shows how clueless u are. Barcelona is a team that no club side is near to and to be honest they would beat most international teams.

What an absolute crap example

The point is that they were playing below their own capabilities and yet kept on for a title win. We're probably a higher mid-table side at best currently, but we're not playing to that standard for 90 minutes.

Whenever a team is not playing that well, they have to keep plugging away and hope they can get some points until they hit form and everything clicks. If we're playing poorly and winning games, then who cares? We all know this team can hit form, we did so last season. Only takes a few key players to get fully fit and we'll be fine for this season.

I don't understand why you're moaning. We've won. Yes, we were poor, but no-one is going to play brilliantly every game, especially with a team patched up like ours.

Have you any idea in respect of football. Chelsea was steaming ahead at beginning of season. Fulham and Co pushed Man Utd at begining of the season and if they had played Chelsea, Arsenal and Co at beginning of season they would have beaten then.

When they played Barcelona they were not playing poorly but to use Barcelona as an example just shows how clueless u are. Barcelona is a team that no club side is near to and to be honest they would beat most international teams.

What an absolute crap example

What you on about? I didn't use them as the example, Alex did.. I simply told him that Man Utd played poorly for their standards, but their normal standards are high.. They weren't dominated like we are.. It was a pointless comparison with us.. And Man utd then came up against a superior team and lost comfortably..

We will come up against superior teams than Watford.. Like Blackpool away.. Let's see how we do their playing this type of football.

And crap example, I agree.. Why are we comparing ourselves to Man Utd.. Were a bottom half NPC team fortunately beating the likes of Watford and Brum, Man Utd are the champions of England who relied on matchwinners worth more than our whole team put together to win a few games..

The point is that they were playing below their own capabilities and yet kept on for a title win. We're probably a higher mid-table side at best currently, but we're not playing to that standard for 90 minutes.

Whenever a team is not playing that well, they have to keep plugging away and hope they can get some points until they hit form and everything clicks. If we're playing poorly and winning games, then who cares? We all know this team can hit form, we did so last season. Only takes a few key players to get fully fit and we'll be fine for this season.

I don't understand why you're moaning. We've won. Yes, we were poor, but no-one is going to play brilliantly every game, especially with a team patched up like ours.

Bris Vegas and East Kent have never posted anything positive that I can remember since I signed up to forum and know they are senior members but if they were new members they would be considered as WUMS.

I am sorry I have been a Derby fan since 1986 and no matter how bad things have been even the prem season from hell I will support them and will be happy when we win and draw, yes it was not nice prem season but I have never been so depressing or depressed as some on here.

A comment of its nice to win when not playing well, phew we were lucky today is fair after the game would be fair but to moan and moan and moan and be so negative asks questions WHY you support a team when all you want is them to lose to say told you so gets me!!!:mad:

Bris Vegas and East Kent have never posted anything positive that I can remember since I signed up to forum and know they are senior members but if they were new members they would be considered as WUMS.

I am sorry I have been a Derby fan since 1986 and no matter how bad things have been even the prem season from hell I will support them and will be happy when we win and draw, yes it was not nice prem season but I have never been so depressing or depressed as some on here.

A comment of its nice to win when not playing well, phew we were lucky today is fair after the game would be fair but to moan and moan and moan and be so negative asks questions WHY you support a team when all you want is them to lose to say told you so gets me!!!:mad:

Why do you assume I'm moaning and want our team to lose by simply stating that whilst 6 points are welcome we played extremely poor and need to improve other whilst we are in trouble..

I've posted many positive things on this forum.. many.. I believe Bailey is up there with the best midfielders in the league and is as good a passer as I've seen since Idiakez.. I also think a midfield 3 of Bailey, Hendrick and Bryson would be one of the best at this level in the next couple of years if they're instructed to pass and move..

I dont want us to lose, there were great scenes today when we scored. But looking at the bigger picture, for Cloughs entire time at the club away performances have been poor, with this being his squad and a season where we need to push on i was disappointed with the way we were set up and the style in which we played today.

You've probably only followed my posts re the owners and performances.. I've mentioned many times how Bailey is a classact and Hendrick looks a great prospect etc..

Newcastle regularly performed to a high standard and romped the NPC with over 100 points.. Obviously they had a few bad games here and there.. I'd settle for a few 0-3 thrashings if we destroy 90% of the teams in the league and finish with over 100 points..

You just seem easily pleased.. I bet you were delighted when we won promotion yet came back down with a bang during our horror season.

Its nothing about being easily please but about actually enjoying 2 wins out of 2 which is best start to a season in 30yrs.

Archived