The Worse Performance To Ever Win A Game?

EastKentRam

That's exactly the front 6 I would play.. Love it! Tyson, Robinson and Maguire could fill in either of the front 3 positions in reality, and when Green is back, he'd be able to swap comfortably with Bryson..

Well you picked the 3 CM's for me :D and the other 3 practically pick themselves. Yet to see us set up these 6 in this formation. But, yes, would expect it to be better than 4-1-3-2, especially without ward being a striker.

I never liked the idea of 433. Disliked it as much as 442 at one point, but teams use it in a more versatile way than before?

Exactly, '4-3-3' would just see cywka and ward play higher up with the ball and drop back to a 4-5-1 without (kind of thing me thinks :confused::D). Although formations are very adaptable nowadays and far less rigid than the old 4-4-2.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until recently i always thought of 433 as a system where you have to use wingers.

I consider wingers a bit outdated now. Full-backs are fit enough to be wingers.

Like i said, would love to see that line up. Hendrick, Bailey, Bryson? Please!

when the rest of our defence is fit....i like to see em have a stab at 3 at the back....shackell sweeping abit....he's loud...good in the air...riggott played that with us... a sort of 1-2-4-2-1 think brayford and kilbane would fancy a powell and rowett formation.... providing kilbanes still got the legs.... i think it offers abit more weight in a weakish midfield, doesnt work too well with long ball either...i know it was a long time ago but when smith played something similar....i loved watching derby...now i just hope they win....or we dont lose.

i know ahh... its not like we've got a baiano either to pull t' bloody strings but it looks hard to break down and its zonal....which is very 'in' this autumn.. dunner know if clough'd try it either...i'd give him a new contract mind but the yanks are messing around abit...we need some players...hope t'pool dont hurt us tomorrow....i got mates from there and they are relentless... forever underdogs you cant win

Until recently i always thought of 433 as a system where you have to use wingers.

I consider wingers a bit outdated now.

tut tut.....nothing is better than a good winger

tut tut.....nothing is better than a good winger

C'mon, a couple of tidy little 'in the hole players? The only wing play i wanna see is from Brayford and Roberts. :D

Andy Reid is a winger isn't he? Does he not look outdated? :p

Also just referring to this point, exactly my friend.. Answered all my doubts.. Why wait?

Why do I have to wait until we've lost a few games playing this way before I can criticise..

I'm saving this thread, got it locked as my favourites.. As the moment we lose and people start criticising the performances I'll post this back up and say.. 'why criticise the performance, it's the points that matter, doesn't matter how we win them, it's the only important thing'

100% garauntee people will moan their arses off at the poor performaces if or when we start losing.. Yet apparently it's irrelevant when we win matches..

I really hope we pick it up and start dominating and winning matches..

But for the meantime I'll take a back seat, watching carefully.. This will be interesting I tell ya. :rolleyes:

Really interesting what comment will you come out with now with 3 wins in 3 conceeded only 1 goal and by all accounts played well tonight.

What can I say another record match first time won first 3 games 1948.

Get in there

If you are so stubborn not to admit actually this squad brought together by Clough is an improvement on last year and the season looks a lot brighter than last year in that they can keep cleansheets (2 out of 3 which is not easy), hold on to a lead (don't think we did that many times last year) and the confidence is getting better with each game commented on by the commentators

Then I feel sorry that you feel so bitter and I am just wondering what it would take. Don't come back with Clough out and Board out because at the moment that won't wash. They said they would improve the squad, competiveness and would be striving to push for promotion. I know it is early but the evidence at present is that they are def heading in right direction.

Hope you can relax and enjoy the start which is the best in 60+ yrs.

In respect of your question I give a F*CK because my beloved Derby are winning and are one of 3 teams with 100% record and we have played two ex-prem teams in first two weeks and picked up full pts. How many would have predicted that honestly? what is there not to care about.

Grab a beer and chill, now isn't the time for this :(

Grab a beer and chill, now isn't the time for this :(

Actually I think my dyslexia has kicked in and I have misinterpreted his comment hence I edited it before time.

I think it was meant that he doesn't care what Bris said it is 3 out of 3. It is partly my frustration in respect of how people moan when we lose and when we win. It just baffles me

THE BIGGEST THING IS GET IN THERE ANOTHER CRACKING RESULT FOR THE MIGHTY RAMS

Really interesting what comment will you come out with now with 3 wins in 3 conceeded only 1 goal and by all accounts played well tonight.

What can I say another record match first time won first 3 games 1948.

Get in there

Jaja! steady on mate, you sound like we've just won promotion with a record 107 points..

As for tonight, first half was abit drab.. Much better second half, passed the ball well..

I cried out for a midfield trio of Hendrick, Bailey and Bryson and they made us more solid, kept the ball well and we're creative enough for our front players.. If Clough goes back to his suicide 4-1-3-2 formation I'll not be happy..

Also, please NC keep O'Brien and Shackell as our main centre back pairing.. I'll also be livid if he throws Barker back in, what a kick in the teeth that will be for O'Brien who so far has easily outperformed Barker.

Jaja! steady on mate, you sound like we've just won promotion with a record 107 points..

As for tonight, first half was abit drab.. Much better second half, passed the ball well..

I cried out for a midfield trio of Hendrick, Bailey and Bryson and they made us more solid, kept the ball well and we're creative enough for our front players.. If Clough goes back to his suicide 4-1-3-2 formation I'll not be happy..

Also, please NC keep O'Brien and Shackell as our main centre back pairing.. I'll also be livid if he throws Barker back in, what a kick in the teeth that will be for O'Brien who so far has easily outperformed Barker.

Knew you could not resist lol.

Obrian is young and is learning and knows that he is covering The good thing is at present is that Barker who has never been 100% fit can get 100% and will not be chucked in like last two seasons. Not going to get in debate re OBrian and Barker just remember Obrian is lucky to be here with his run of bad luck and at present the defence is playing well all it takes a dip and it could knock him.

Nice to win 3 out of 3 Just hope we beat Donny the good thing (although I am not happy he has a serious injury and wish him quick successful recovery) is that Sharpe not playing as he does us every time at our place

I always said if the player with the shirt is performing well, then the player coming back has to wait for his chance.

Certainly takes the pressure off rushing him back when he's not ready, as long as it continues.

You can't really argue with 1 goal conceded in 3 games.

did you go tonight?

Archived