The Worse Performance To Ever Win A Game?

EastKentRam

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, my question to you is - couldn’t you just have waited until we’ve lost a couple of matches before posting your standard criticism of NC and his tactics?

Also just referring to this point, exactly my friend.. Answered all my doubts.. Why wait?

Why do I have to wait until we've lost a few games playing this way before I can criticise..

I'm saving this thread, got it locked as my favourites.. As the moment we lose and people start criticising the performances I'll post this back up and say.. 'why criticise the performance, it's the points that matter, doesn't matter how we win them, it's the only important thing'

100% garauntee people will moan their arses off at the poor performaces if or when we start losing.. Yet apparently it's irrelevant when we win matches..

I really hope we pick it up and start dominating and winning matches..

But for the meantime I'll take a back seat, watching carefully.. This will be interesting I tell ya. :rolleyes:

This forum would be a dull place if we're all sheep and just around following/agreeing with eachother. People with different opinions create debates/topics/points of interest, people who just say yes and follow the crowd mayaswell not bother posting.

But we are all sheep, that is why we are here!

Ewe Rams!!

I'm saving this thread, got it locked as my favourites.. As the moment we lose and people start criticising the performances I'll post this back up and say.. 'why criticise the performance, it's the points that matter, doesn't matter how we win them, it's the only important thing'

100% garauntee people will moan their arses off at the poor performaces if or when we start losing.. Yet apparently it's irrelevant when we win matches...

This is the problem a lot of people have... you just can't wait for us to lose a few matches so you can claim you were proved right.

If we start playing well, even if we lose, will you post this thread back up and admit you were wrong?? Doubt it somehow...

This is the problem a lot of people have... you just can't wait for us to lose a few matches so you can claim you were proved right.

If we start playing well, even if we lose, will you post this thread back up and admit you were wrong?? Doubt it somehow...

If you read again it doesn't say that I'll tell everyone how I'm right..

It says that the people who will criticise performances should we lose will be the same ones criticising me for the same performances we're having now (yet apparently I can't do this because we're winning - and that I'm negative)

And what would I admit that's wrong? I'm not wrong, these performances will not get us a top half finish.. If we improve our performances, I'll be as delighted as the next fan and look back at these performances and think 'wow good job NC thank god we don't play like that anymore'

Why I come onto football forums, a Derby County forum, is to discuss football Derby County related... I've been a member since Feb 09, before 99% of the posters, why question why I'm here, it's obvious..

I also couldn't give two hoots whether people agree with me or not, I'm not here trying to turn peoples heads and send us into meltdown.. I'm expressing my opinion, one which is as valid as anyone elses here, that our current performances are unacceptable.. For my standards anyway.

What other threads have I tried to become the main focus? Only this one and one where I don't rate Barker (funny how people are finally talking about a steady defence when he's not playing but that's a different story).. So what? I have my opinions, if you don't like them, then that's your problem not mine.

This forum would be a dull place if we're all sheep and just around following/agreeing with eachother. People with different opinions create debates/topics/points of interest, people who just say yes and follow the crowd mayaswell not bother posting.

Is it me, but possibly with 5 centre backs out of contention due to injury, plus Paul Green, Conor Doyle and Nathan Tyson also injured, and Bailey going off at half time others not fully fit, getetinga win away from home is a very goo dresult and the pergformance almost doesnt matter so laong as we hang in there until the international break.

Quit the whinging. We need to improve for sure. But we have run the clock down well in last 2 games something we failed to do last season.l

Why I come onto football forums, a Derby County forum, is to discuss football Derby County related... I've been a member since Feb 09, before 99% of the posters, why question why I'm here, it's obvious..

I also couldn't give two hoots whether people agree with me or not, I'm not here trying to turn peoples heads and send us into meltdown.. I'm expressing my opinion, one which is as valid as anyone elses here, that our current performances are unacceptable.. For my standards anyway.

What other threads have I tried to become the main focus? Only this one and one where I don't rate Barker (funny how people are finally talking about a steady defence when he's not playing but that's a different story).. So what? I have my opinions, if you don't like them, then that's your problem not mine.

Erm OK :confused: But you agree with me then? You’re timing was crap.:p

Also just referring to this point, exactly my friend.. Answered all my doubts.. Why wait?

Why do I have to wait until we've lost a few games playing this way before I can criticise..

Oh. I see. We don’t agree at all. You think you’re timing was alright. :(

Anyway, let’s see if I can get this next bit right…

100% garauntee people will moan their arses off at the poor performaces if or when we start losing.. Yet apparently it's irrelevant when we win matches..

I really hope we pick it up and start dominating and winning matches..

But for the meantime I'll take a back seat, watching carefully.. This will be interesting I tell ya. :rolleyes:

So, from now on, you’ll be quietly and carefully watching many of us from afar. Even now, you’re saving threads to be used against some of us in the future. Then, when we lose, you’re gonna... pounce…and tell us off…or summat.

How very exciting :)

http://wiki.urbandead.com/images/9/98/Popcorn

BV - I think pretty much most people are expecting the performances to turn into a run of mediocre or worse results. But we're not all harbingers of doom - in fact, it might be we look back at the end of the season and thank god for those 6 points.

In the meantime, lets just enjoy a couple of lucky wins and hope for better performances (and more good results). It's still early in the season and it's too early to predict too much - good or bad.

Yes, performances need to pick up, but there's time for that to happen. No need to panic yet.

So, to summarise, Bris said we're lucky because we're a bit ****, so everyone hammered him for it even though most know deep down we ARE lucky and a bit **** but they'd rather nobody said so because they might be the only two wins we get all season and they'd rather enjoy them while they can so they don't want someone telling them we're a bit **** because they'd really prefer not to think about it!

I think.

Bit of a fence sitter here.

I feel Bris is being hard done by tho, We ALL know that we have to play better. We ALL know we have a few more tools to add to the box (so to speak) and also that players pre-season was hampered (in some cases) many new players need to 'bed-in' and it is a young squad which is learning.

Back to Bris' point tho. If we play that poorly we will be hammered by other teams.....IF!

Sad thing is, despite the best start since '73 we still arent playing the system which most of us want to see. I like Bris' idea of something like this;

--------Bailey---Hendrick---Bryson---------

-Cywka------------------------------Ward-

-----------------Davies--------------------

We simply need to free up more avenues to work the ball forward. 4-3-3 for more defensive teams, 4-5-1 against the likes of Blackpool away etc...

BV, just to be clear, I am not criticising you or your citicism of the team (your opinions are valid and help make this the great forum it is). My concern was purely for your state of mind as Derby fan. It appears (from your comments) to me that you derive pleasure from supporting our team only when they hit the peak of your footballing expectations.

I play an awful lot of golf and used to be the kind of guy who expected to shoot a career round every time I played. As a result, I was disappointed or upset almost all the time and eventually I realized I did not enjoy playing any more. It was like a slap upside the head. I lowered my expectations, stopping letting my lack of ability upset me, and rediscovered my love for the game.

It's the same with Derby. We are, in the big scheme of things, a provincial club trying to make a go in the business of football. Our team will (probably - sorry, can't help being optimistic :D) never attain the unprecedented success we enjoyed in the 70's but we can still enjoy the small things...beating Forest, being part of something bigger than ourselves, making the occasional cup run, vying for promotion now and then, starting the season with two wins, unearthing a hot new talent from our academy, beating Leeds, grinding out a hard fought away draw, snatching a lucky win, playing like gods and slaughtering Coventry, watching our manager knee BD in a melee, etc, etc.

There is ALWAYS something to enjoy about being a Rams fan if you lower your expectations a bit :)

I feel Bris is being hard done by tho, We ALL know that we have to play better. We ALL know we have a few more tools to add to the box (so to speak) and also that players pre-season was hampered (in some cases) many new players need to 'bed-in' and it is a young squad which is learning.

Back to Bris' point tho. If we play that poorly we will be hammered by other teams.....IF!

Sad thing is, despite the best start since '73 we still arent playing the system which most of us want to see. I like Bris' idea of something like this;

We simply need to free up more avenues to work the ball forward. 4-3-3 for more defensive teams, 4-5-1 against the likes of Blackpool away etc...

That's exactly the front 6 I would play.. Love it! Tyson, Robinson and Maguire could fill in either of the front 3 positions in reality, and when Green is back, he'd be able to swap comfortably with Bryson..

Pearson, B.Davies, Croft should IMO only be used as makeshift players. They are taking up positions of players at our club with far more ablity. They honestly wouldn't make my 16.

At least a midfield trio like this would be tidy, dominate possession and give our defenders a break..

But I'm not a football manager, just a whinging fan :p

I have always loved going to the games and watching derby, the only time when i thoroughly didn't like it was towards the end of last season, but as a derby fan you have to savor the little things or big things for us, toadbelly hit it spot on, we have to enjoy what we have, a brilliant club, which is local and does in the grand scheme of things relatively well. A good fan base, and a roller coaster of history and we can all be proud of one thing derby never is and that is boring.

I'd love to see that combo of players!! B Davies for Cywka when the Polish trickster is having one of his brick wall avenue days.

Tyson/Robinson for Davies/Ward off the bench.

Would like it very much. Only critcism would be the strength and height of the 3 deep players. But between the three of them and thier attitudes i reckon we'd be alright.

I never liked the idea of 433. Disliked it as much as 442 at one point, but teams use it in a more versatile way than before?

Is that because wingers are a dying breed or something? Fullbacks are always expected to overlap now. They're attackers in all but name!!

Archived