Fifa 12

davenportram

^^ Get the PS3 version - Option Files are very easy to implement for PES, so it'll be QPR in no time instead of East London Rimjobs or whatever bullsh1t name they give them.

Still trying to get over them calling us East Midlands Stags a few years ago. *****.

We were actually called Derbyshire and had reindeer/stag as our badge, not that it matters...

Also, it was a piece of p*ss getting option files on Xbox 360 last year. Just download one onto a memory stick and you can copy them over, or if you don't want to wait for it to install, run the game with the memory stick connected to your Xbox. Having said that it defeats the point - editing all the badges and kits yourself is almost as much fun as playing a match.

Licenses are the least of Pro Evo's worries at present though (not played this years demo, so maybe things have changed for the better).

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were actually called Derbyshire and had reindeer/stag as our badge, not that it matters...

Yes, you're right. Clearly they were never going to show a Ram due to the (lack of) licencing, however, they'd have been as well just having a plain black and white badge rather than putting a bloody stag in it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Also, it was a piece of p*ss getting option files on Xbox 360 last year. Just download one onto a memory stick and you can copy them over, or if you don't want to wait for it to install, run the game with the memory stick connected to your Xbox. Having said that it defeats the point - editing all the badges and kits yourself is almost as much fun as playing a match.

I didn't get PES on the 360 last year. PES OF's have always been easy to implement on the PS3, and a pain in the @r$e on the 360 up until last year obviously, hence I got it for the PS3.

Licenses are the least of Pro Evo's worries at present though (not played this years demo, so maybe things have changed for the better).

Neither have impressed me this time around, hence I won't be getting either. However, of the two, I found PES to be the better demo.

Downloaded PES yesterday and deleted it about 2 mins into the game, the graphics in the menu system reminded me of something you would see on the SNES, the players felt more restricted than Fifa, it was almost like playing down the arcades at Cleethorpes with a great big joystick.

I've always been a Fifa player so maybe it's a slight bit of fanboyism inside but PES feels dated, I think I would actually cry real tears if I paid £40 for that.

Downloaded PES yesterday and deleted it about 2 mins into the game, the graphics in the menu system reminded me of something you would see on the SNES, the players felt more restricted than Fifa, it was almost like playing down the arcades at Cleethorpes with a great big joystick.

I've always been a Fifa player so maybe it's a slight bit of fanboyism inside but PES feels dated, I think I would actually cry real tears if I paid £40 for that.

Glad it's not just me then!!!

Well like I said, I won't be getting either this year.

I preferred the PES demo, given that I could tackle and pass properly. Fifa's 'pro passing' is a joke half of the time, and the new defensive system just means that by and large you end up chasing the ball around as the opposition ping-pong it around at will. On the higher levels anyway. Could drop down, but I'll be fooked if I'm playing it on amateur, semi-pro or pro!

It's not a huge problem for as even if I'd have gotten it then it would only have been played for a month before BF3 and MW3 come out.

if you play on manual it is quite good i think, you can pass it more intricately than in last years addition. The new defensive system is hard to get used to, but against other people rather than the computer it is not awful, as people make mistakes and computers don't it is easier, however the defence system is susceptible to any kind of pace through the middle.

I will be picking up battlefield 3, i stopped playing on call of duty after modern warfare 2.

I could be a bit late but the stats for the teams are out in the Fifa 12 creation centre thing online. I've not used it before so not sure if they change before the release but it currently lists the Derby squad stats as,

Starting 11

Frank Fielding- 70

John Brayford- 70

Mark O'Brien- 61

Jason Shackell- 70

Kevin Kilbane- 67

James Bailey- 65

Jeff Hendrick- 65

Craig Bryson- 69

Ben Davies- 68

Steven Davies-70

Jamie Ward-70

Substitutes

Adam Legzdins-65

Gareth Roberts-62

Lee Croft-66

Chris Maguire-69

Theo Robinson-63

Shaun Barker-71

Nathan Tyson-67

Chris Riggot-66

Stephen Pearson-66

Conor Doyle-59

Tomasz Cywka-69

Reserves

James Severn-49

Chris Jones-49

Like I said don't know if they change from what the Creation Centre thing says but its an EA run thing so would like to think there up to date.

And I forgot to look up the loaned out people so

Miles Addison-67 (listed as a defender not midfielder)

David Martin-63

Ross Atkins-56

There's not Scottish second division in the game so no Ryan Connolly, Bywater's loan seems to have come too late so he isn't on the list and theres no sign of Green, Leacock or Deeney.

I could be a bit late but the stats for the teams are out in the Fifa 12 creation centre thing online. I've not used it before so not sure if they change before the release but it currently lists the Derby squad stats as,

Starting 11

Frank Fielding- 70

John Brayford- 70

Mark O'Brien- 61

Jason Shackell- 70

Kevin Kilbane- 67

James Bailey- 65

Jeff Hendrick- 65

Craig Bryson- 69

Ben Davies- 68

Steven Davies-70

Jamie Ward-70

Substitutes

Adam Legzdins-65

Gareth Roberts-62

Lee Croft-66

Chris Maguire-69

Theo Robinson-63

Shaun Barker-71

Nathan Tyson-67

Chris Riggot-66

Stephen Pearson-66

Conor Doyle-59

Tomasz Cywka-69

Reserves

James Severn-49

Chris Jones-49

Like I said don't know if they change from what the Creation Centre thing says but its an EA run thing so would like to think there up to date.

Seeing as you l know some, I was told that the ratings may change but quite a few players have gone down on that list! I'll check later but they were higher before. Barker was 73. Bailey was 66. OB was 64. Riggott was 67. Brayford was 71

And the rest were the same!

Well like I said, I won't be getting either this year.

I preferred the PES demo, given that I could tackle and pass properly. Fifa's 'pro passing' is a joke half of the time, and the new defensive system just means that by and large you end up chasing the ball around as the opposition ping-pong it around at will. On the higher levels anyway. Could drop down, but I'll be fooked if I'm playing it on amateur, semi-pro or pro!

I'll be getting both because I'm a sucker, and I'm confident FIFA will still be good fun online and against mates.

But I have the same grievances as you. It's really annoying then the CPU team pass it about between themselves in the middle of the pitch for ten minutes (FIFA time - still ridiculous) so you can't do anything.

And like I was saying to Daveo on Twitter, I've already lowered myself to 'Professional' and I don't want to forfeit my pride by going any lower than that, especially when I always did 'Legendary' on FIFA 11. Since it's near impossible to actually muster a shot and the opposition time waste, I might just have to play longer games on it.

But in conclusion, FIFA 12 is a massive disappointment.

Anyone buying that EA Sports Season Ticket where you can download the game tomorrow evening and then just continue the data you buy the actual game next week? Costs about 2100 Microsoft points (£17)

How do you download the EA Sports App?

Says that is the first step but i dont know how to do that?

Archived