Fifa 12

davenportram

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't like it.

I pretty much mastered FIFA 11 so it's not that I'm crap at it but this one I can't do anything. I've lost two out of three games online 4-0 and 4-1 and I just don't know what's wrong. I even lost to Forest on professional.

The CPU keep the ball in their own half for ages and it's ******* annoying. especially when you're chasing their midfielder into their corner before he hoofs it out. Exactly the same thing happens in pretty much every game, same motion, same animation etc. Wtf is all that about?

I will keep the game for online and playing against mates but at the moment I feel like I've really wasted £40.

FIFA have taken two steps back with this and I'm really, really disappointed, been excited about this ******* game for ages.

As soon as PES comes out, this abomination will be gathering dust on my shelf.

Another stupid thing it does is when you're in the arena it doesn't let you press start and go on the menu so you have to score a goal or run the ball past the half way line for it to work.

Games in the Championship are always slower than games in the PL too, which is not at all realistic of current football, and so is unfair.

Since I parted with £40, and have entered that code on my XBox due to EA's sneaky methods that will stop it fetching a high trade in value I guess I will just have to keep at it until I find it bearable. But in the meantime I can see myself throwing my controller on the floor because it makes me angry.

I really don't like it.

I pretty much mastered FIFA 11 so it's not that I'm crap at it but this one I can't do anything. I've lost two out of three games online 4-0 and 4-1 and I just don't know what's wrong. I even lost to Forest on professional.

The CPU keep the ball in their own half for ages and it's ******* annoying. especially when you're chasing their midfielder into their corner before he hoofs it out. Exactly the same thing happens in pretty much every game, same motion, same animation etc. Wtf is all that about?

I will keep the game for online and playing against mates but at the moment I feel like I've really wasted £40.

FIFA have taken two steps back with this and I'm really, really disappointed, been excited about this ******* game for ages.

As soon as PES comes out, this abomination will be gathering dust on my shelf.

I love it, really improved from 11 in my opinion. What you struggling with?

Although my defending has improved and i feel fairly confident, i never really feel as if i'm not guna conceed, i dont think i've shut anyone completely out yet. To start with, i recommend packing the midfield and playing on defensive mentality, this means you'll be deeper and peope will struggle to just dribble it round you. Press B as a last resort, look to hold right bumper a lot so you double up on the oppo players and to tackle players run towards the player/ball and press nothing else. Look to keep possession a lot even if you dont make any ground, the oppo cant score if you've got the ball, you've got no real excuse for not being able to pass it.

All just my opinion from playing the last week, im nothing special but been doing quite well online in the early levels.

I love it, really improved from 11 in my opinion. What you struggling with?

Pretty much everything. Almost every single aspect of the game. The defence, obviously, then attacking wise it feels like every cross I make is cleared, feels like every shot I make is blocked, feels like the CPU are CERTAIN to score unless I frantically button mash. Although the ONE thing I can do is pass, because that system has been kept unchanged from when they redesigned it last year.

I'm going to go back to the drawing board. I'm starting from 'amateur' difficulty, changing every control to manual and teaching myself how to play all over again. My style of play that has been reasonably successful in the last three FIFAs has been worked out by people and now the CPU!

I will be back for FIFA 13.

This is honestly the best single football game ever made. The passing, the movement, the dribbling and most of all the defending is amazing. Defending is, for the first time in a game, actually correct. It's not just "hold X (or A) until you've mauled that opposition player." It's unforgiving, but definitely more accurate. It also creates more space meaning you can actually play football, and you can actually take a man on.

PES has been ground into the dust and I'm really not sure what they're doing these days. Every year they promise to be "back to their best" then just produce crap over and over again. I really miss the days when they were better in truth, always got to love the under dogs, but they've really dropped the ball. Here is a plot of the meta ratings for each year's version in the last 6 years:

820..us/img820/926/metax

FIFA 12 has been widely received as one of the best sport games of all time, whilst PES is yet again producing rubbish. Hopefully they'll get their act together next year.

I've never been a "great" FIFA player although I could hold my own, this game I'm proper duff, can't defend, can't pass and rarely venture out my own half but I love it!

I will improve over the weeks but I love the fact I've got a learning curve once again, another re-skinned FIFA 11 would of bored the hell out of me.

Not sure I will ever recover from losing to Young Ram playing as Brighton, scared me for life that as. Managed 1 win (which I'm sure he went easy on me) and 2 draws from around 10 games.

Would of won another if he didn't hack me down in the last minute 1 on 1 with the keeper. I thought Rynny was dirty, nothing on YR whos every tackle is a slide tackle.

I've never been a "great" FIFA player although I could hold my own, this game I'm proper duff, can't defend, can't pass and rarely venture out my own half but I love it!

I will improve over the weeks but I love the fact I've got a learning curve once again, another re-skinned FIFA 11 would of bored the hell out of me.

Not sure I will ever recover from losing to Young Ram playing as Brighton, scared me for life that as. Managed 1 win (which I'm sure he went easy on me) and 2 draws from around 10 games.

Would of won another if he didn't hack me down in the last minute 1 on 1 with the keeper. I thought Rynny was dirty, nothing on YR whos every tackle is a slide tackle.

I can vouch for that.

Archived