Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the latest news regarding Jason Shackell?

Nothing is concluded yet, but I am resigned to losing Jason. I've spoken to his representative and he has made it very clear that Jason Shackell wants to leave Barnsley. From my point of view and the Club we want to get this sorted out as quickly as possible so we can see where we move from there in formulating a squad of players for the start of the season. I believe he is an excellent player who will be missed, but my job, as the manager, is to replace him as quick as I can and move forward. If he does end up moving away I may have more options in the transfer market as a result of that. What we do need are players who want to play for Barnsley Football Club.

There has been talk about Miles Addison in connection with Barnsley. Is there anything behind that?

Miles is a player I admire and there is a possibility of him coming from Derby County. I know him well and he is someone I would like to see come here. He is a multi-positional player who can play centre half and right back as well as in midfield. I believe he would be a great acquisition for Barnsley Football Club.

I'm still looking at our squad and I am trying to get a well balanced side. It's not going to be a big squad, but one that will have quality and ability. I am still looking to bring around five or six players to add to the current squad.

Any news?

http://www.barnsley-chronicle.co.uk/sport/article/4135/shackell-goes-from-red-to-ram

Shackell goes from Red to Ram

Friday 17th June 2011

Jason Shackell will complete his expected move to Derby County this weekend, for a fee of around £1m.

The Reds captain and Player of the Year had made it clear to new manager Keith Hill that he wanted to leave Oakwell, after just 12 months into a three-year deal.

Derby have proved successful with their third bid of the summer – and Barnsley could look to take Rams defender Miles Addison as a replacement.

Hill is also on the lookout for another centre-back as well, along with a string of other signings.

He is disappointed by Shackell's decision but is confident that Barnsley will 'move onwards and upwards'.

he does know him VERY well.

Better than any of us

And better than Miles knows himself I should wager! RB, really? Barnsley fans aren't impressed with having him as manager as it is- when they see Addo at right back they might have the manager shot!:(

NO he cant leave, I got his name on the back of my away shirt last season, I wouldnt be able to wear it again :eek:

Apart from that he has potential to be a Key Player for us

I dont want him to leave but..............and it is a big but.............if him leaving means that our striker kitty increases from 1.5M to 3M+ then it is an interesting scenario!

I'd actually love to see him on loan till Jan. See how he gets on with a good run in a team, sounds like they'd play him in both positions too. Could come back in Jan like a new signing, as they say.

...and Ayala in to replace him on a half season loan 'til Barker's totally fit???

This could be some excellent business. Had me scared for a while cause I do rate the lad and selling the lad after a season out injured wouldn't reflect his true value and would cut us short.

I wouldn't expect a loan in. Anderson can cover Barker and buxton can warm the bench as Barker is only short term i believe. Plus the addition of leacock IF he is still about. Should see us through with the emergency loan window if the **** hits the fan.

we do seem to ditch a few players on Barnsley.....

Macken, McEveley, Nyatanga and Teale on loan, plus they copped for Dickinson and Doyle

Archived