Miles Addison

NorfolkRam

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyones forgetting hes not that good! A youthful darren moore at best! cant play in midfield not mobile enough! I do think clough would have him back but not just now! Would have sold him otherwise!

On highish wages to be just sat on bench! stop moaning! Im not impressed with ambition but we dont need addison!!!!

I think everyones forgetting hes not that good! A youthful darren moore at best! cant play in midfield not mobile enough! I do think clough would have him back but not just now! Would have sold him otherwise!

On highish wages to be just sat on bench! stop moaning! Im not impressed with ambition but we dont need addison!!!!

Hope you're right. We all want the "old" Addison back. I just don't know whether that's available. I thought he would come good at Barnsley but he appears to have had more poor games than good games. The fans there complained about his lack of pace so I wonder whether his injury has slowed him down.

. Thing is we are boxed in if you don't agree with Nigel you have to grin and bear it and still keep watching your beloved Rams. The Americans love him and have given him and his back room staff a 3 year deal. If we lost the next 15 games Nigel would still be manager. Most people who come up against him lose and people who don't like him are ridiculed on forums.

The American owners have reason to like Clough. He has done a good job and has managed to work with the owners in reducing the wage bill. To say he wouldn't lose his job if we lost the next 15 games is a little presumptious though. On what evidence do you base that?

With regard to Addison. Clough doesn't think he is ready to play at Derby and his form at Barnsley testifies that. In our current financial situation, we can ill afford to pay the salary of one of our better earners when he isn't doing it on the pitch. Far better to ship him out on loan and hope that he finds that form and fitness.

I can see why we offered him a new deal as should that previous from return then we have a 5M player on our hands as a pose to the 500k he is currently likely worth.

Nigel is again doing no wrong but is being vilified on here. He has to juggle the wage bill and by letting Addison go, it may just give Clough the extra 100k he needs in the transfer market.

The American owners have reason to like Clough. He has done a good job and has managed to work with the owners in reducing the wage bill. To say he wouldn't lose his job if we lost the next 15 games is a little presumptious though. On what evidence do you base that?

With regard to Addison. Clough doesn't think he is ready to play at Derby and his form at Barnsley testifies that. In our current financial situation, we can ill afford to pay the salary of one of our better earners when he isn't doing it on the pitch. Far better to ship him out on loan and hope that he finds that form and fitness.

I can see why we offered him a new deal as should that previous from return then we have a 5M player on our hands as a pose to the 500k he is currently likely worth.

Nigel is again doing no wrong but is being vilified on here. He has to juggle the wage bill and by letting Addison go, it may just give Clough the extra 100k he needs in the transfer market.

I like your thinking there mate- a positive stance. Lets hope that you are right and that if Miles does well we give him a chance next season or get decent money for him. Just still rankles that we are desperate for cover in a few areas Miles could help out with.

The last few times I saw Addison play for Derby he was a complete liability. He was slow, lumbering and worse than useless. All very sad given what he was like before his injury. The last memory I have of Addison at PP he was playing in front of the back four. He was so bad Clough eventually took him off and replaced him with a very over-the-hill Robbie Savage.

I don’t know that much about Addison at Barnsley, except he didn’t play regularly and the Barnsley manager decided not to renew. Let’s hope he has a better time at Bournemouth.

Some have compared Buxton and Addison. The last few times I’ve seen Buxton he’s done well enough - as usual. Nothing special but solid and reliable. Buxton has probably never played to the same standard that Addison was capable of before his injury - but that's a long time ago now.

The last few times I saw Addison play for Derby he was a complete liability. He was slow, lumbering and worse than useless. All very sad given what he was like before his injury. The last memory I have of Addison at PP he was playing in front of the back four. He was so bad Clough eventually took him off and replaced him with a very over-the-hill Robbie Savage.

I don’t know that much about Addison at Barnsley, except he didn’t play regularly and the Barnsley manager decided not to renew. Let’s hope he has a better time at Bournemouth.

Some have compared Buxton and Addison. The last few times I’ve seen Buxton he’s done well enough - as usual. Nothing special but solid and reliable. Buxton has probably never played to the same standard that Addison was capable of before his injury - but that's a long time ago now.

Couldn't agree more, but I do feel that even if Addison ended up winning player of the ear for the remaining 2 months, Clough would still not take an interest, it really is his way or the highway.

What makes people think Addison is such a high earner?

As for being a liability - I watched Barker being a liability enough before his operation and again when regaining his fitness. Savage was a liability but got picked 90% of the time. Robinson has ball control akin to Claude Davis and our attacks broke down when it went to him but got given game after game, Roberts spent an entire season being a liability. But yet Addison should be shown the door as he's a liability we can't afford as he's clearly on astronomical wages and why would we need a guy who can offer cover at CB and midfield?

Again I feel people's memories are being affected by Nigel's decisions. If Nigel had kept him then people would be on here banging on about him being young, coming back from injury and needing a bit of time to regain his form.

As for it only being a loan and he'll be back - how many players has Nigel loaned out who have returned to first team action?

'WilkoRam' timestamp='1329886769' post='253807'

What makes people think Addison is such a high earner?

As for being a liability - I watched Barker being a liability enough before his operation and again when regaining his fitness. Savage was a liability but got picked 90% of the time. Robinson has ball control akin to Claude Davis and our attacks broke down when it went to him but got given game after game, Roberts spent an entire season being a liability. But yet Addison should be shown the door as he's a liability we can't afford as he's clearly on astronomical wages and why would we need a guy who can offer cover at CB and midfield?

Again I feel people's memories are being affected by Nigel's decisions. If Nigel had kept him then people would be on here banging on about him being young, coming back from injury and needing a bit of time to regain his form.

As for it only being a loan and he'll be back - how many players has Nigel loaned out who have returned to first team action?

Thats an interesting question, i know its early and i've not had my porridge, but in this squad, i cant think of any ?

. Do you ever watch the Reserves or is that no longer important for NC. Addison scored a hatrick against New Mills last week and to me was back to full fitness and his old agile powerful self. PS I've seen him 3 times in 2nds recently and each tim he looked good.

Interesting about the reserves, I was wondering what the point of the reserves were. Addison has come back and played well and been shipped out on loan. Maguire seems to be doing great in reserves yet no where near first team. I could understand if the first team were excelling but they're not

I doubt Addison is a high earner, just think injuries have took their toll and he isn't the same player any more which is why Barnsley didn't want him back and now he has gone on loan to a league one side!

I haven't seen Miles in well over a year, and I doubt most of you have, so how you can possibly state what sort of form/fitness/ability he has now, you're just making a complete guess and people are using this guess to slander Clough as a manager.

I do agree with the consensus that Clough isn't a brilliant one in a million manager, but things could be hell of a lot worse! I think with Clough certainly is 'better the devil you know' I believe 8/10 managers that could of come in when Clough did would of had us playing league one football with the difficulties we had, obviously that's my opinion but I believe it to be true.

It's a great move for Addison, a team competing in league one, probably get quite a lot of game time. Rather him get it at Bournemouth than the reserves. How many games are left?

Checks*

14 games left, of which if he plys himself well enough, he'll get 90 minutes regularly. Potential for another 3 games on top of that in the play offs.

Great experience for him, depending on their success he could come back booming with confidence and play himself back into the Derby first team. Everyones happy.

If not, somethings happened somewhere and he no longer has the passion for the game that he clearly had at one point. We all remember his great performance against Newcastle. Just one game though.

Or he does well there, they get promoted and they sign him perminantly. As I said before I can't think of a player loaned out by us who has come back to first team action. Croft is most successful after his loan spell he played a few games at the start of this season.

Archived