New Technical Director of Football?

rsmini

Lost track of the thread now. Was Paul Hart a rumour or a suggestion?

I hope it's the latter. When has he ever shown promise as a negotiator or a Director of Football?

Just Paul Hart was suggested to be candidate for this 'mystery role' we're after.

What we agree is (most of us), We need either a Head Scout to widen our net and 'pull-in' cheap options that aren't the 'obvious'. Or a 'Negotiator' to sell the club to players more and convince the better skilled free players (for example).

If these are the roles we need, Then I think we should be worried. PH is obviously not a 'Negotiator'.....so we must be after a 'Head Scout'.........Is PH the man?

For me, no.....

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quite like the idea of having Roy McFarland in this role, whatever it my be.

I've thought for a while I would like to see Roy taking a role at the club, if only a representative role to help boost moral and have links to the past glorys and this role could suit, he must have some decent links in the game, he is experienced in the game and knows how it ticks and has done more than enough deals himself. He also has the link to cloughie and could work well with him and give him advise.

Just a thought anyway

I had to go to bed last night just before I was going to tell you who was going to be the new Director of Football, I'd heard from an ex player and an ex Director who know everything about the Club spent an hour in the pub down town last night and they told me that it is going to be

Listen I'll tell you all later as Mrs Ram wants me to go and watch Dr. Who with her...

Well Mourinho has said he wants to return to England.

If Higuain and Benzema sign who's giving their season ticket back?

Fickle fluckers.

He's only small though, can Mourinho head the ball? Not sure he's any better than what we've got.

Surely the point of this job is to help Glick in terms of doing the deals, rather than help Nigel with the footballing side of things?

I'd be very happy if it was someone I'd never heard of if it meant getting someone in who can do the right deals to get the right people into the club.

None of the names mentioned fit into that category for me - they're more footballing people that business people. What we need here is a businessman.

Then you know absolutely nothing about the man. If you don't like him or don't rate him as a manager that's fine but to insult him like that is garbage.

Why am I insulting him? I have only posted what I have been told.

I like Nigel as a person, but he is seriously lacking (IMO) as a manager. If you see that as insulting so be it!

Why am I insulting him? I have only posted what I have been told.

I like Nigel as a person, but he is seriously lacking (IMO) as a manager. If you see that as insulting so be it!

Thankfully, your opinion is wrong.

well, ok, wrong IMO.

I think Clough will be sitting pretty by Xmas. we are not a month in the transfer window and we havesinged two players we are happy with and for the first tiem since Barker it is a signing we are all happy with in Fielding and Ward. have not heard a bad comment about them so surely this is some improvement.

ward i am on the fence but happy about fielding, however a lot depends on who in cm mid we get and who up front, without these 2 key positions properly i am reasonably sure mr clough will have left us by this time next year

When his contract expires then,

ward i am on the fence but happy about fielding, however a lot depends on who in cm mid we get and who up front, without these 2 key positions properly i am reasonably sure mr clough will have left us by this time next year

If you are a gambling man, name your price that he's gone next year, and I'll take it. If you watch/read/notice anything about the board, then you'll know he's here to stay for a while, like it or not.

Why are you on the fence about Ward? He's been one of our best players since he joined.

There's been good, solid activity already in the market and the club have done well only a week after the end of the season. We're in as good shape as anyone else from a transfer perspective.

I think Clough will be sitting pretty by Xmas. we are not a month in the transfer window and we havesinged two players we are happy with and for the first tiem since Barker it is a signing we are all happy with in Fielding and Ward. have not heard a bad comment about them so surely this is some improvement.

Doesn't the transfer window not open until July 1st?

i am on the fence with ward because many sheffield utd people have said he starts well and then goes out, i would want 4-1 odds for him to go, his contract hasn't been renewed yet and if he doesn't do well this season he will be gone. The board have to be pragmatic, but they recognise he has made mistakes and they recognise another season of failure will not be tolerated.

i am on the fence with ward because many sheffield utd people have said he starts well and then goes out, i would want 4-1 odds for him to go, his contract hasn't been renewed yet and if he doesn't do well this season he will be gone. The board have to be pragmatic, but they recognise he has made mistakes and they recognise another season of failure will not be tolerated.

But it wasn't a season of failure...the amount we had to get rid of versus the amount we had to bring in was absolutely massive, and we didn't replace our two best players. We're now in a position to invest.

They are pragmatic, and as such knew they had to offload alot of players to save money. They are now pragmatic in the search for success and are willing to spend money. If we don't do well after investing then Clough's position will have to be reviewed, but there should be no reference to this season because it's simply not fair. Give him a chance with cash. Does well stays, fails and goes.

You seem convinced already he won't do well.

Archived