New Technical Director of Football?

rsmini

Sorry that is all I have, I think Nigel may feel that his days are numbered. How many times have we seen a DoF appointed at clubs only to replace the manager a short time later. If that is the case, lets hope they land the high profile name. All I was told was that I would be pleased with the appointment.

Cheers laddio.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

frank arneson was at chelsea for a time but left, but like i said for me the manager is in charge of everything because that is what a manager does, then he is held responsible end of. Also if this man is coming in against nigel's wishes then it will only end badly.

Does this mean you are happy with the current management team at Derby? Surely something needs to change and rapidly or we could well end up wasting more money on the likes of Ben Davis!

no but change the manager rather than this, if this dof is being bought in against nigel's wishes this will end badly, save the money on an extra wage, pay off nigel and his motley crew and bring someone else in.

no but change the manager rather than this, if this dof is being bought in against nigel's wishes this will end badly, save the money on an extra wage, pay off nigel and his motley crew and bring someone else in.

Maybe they want him to walk rather than sack him and pay him off (only a guess). Who knows but if it is a high profile eperienced guy, bring it on and show Clough the door. I would love him to do well but, the last 2 1/2 seasons ahve only made me question his abilities as a manager!

ram 1996, these past two and a half seasons have proven to me unless nigel is given a big budget it won't work and therefore he needs to be shown the door. He is an average manager at best in this level for me and he needs to go, we should have got rid of him last season tbh at the end of reading.

Liverpool have Frank Arenson & Chelsea have had Avram Grant and there are rumours of him returning.

It works very well in Europe and the USA, there are no "gaffers" over there.

Damien Comolli is at Liverpool now and YR do you know the players he brought in at Spurs?He was made the scapegoat to a crap manager Ramos.

Damien Comolli is at Liverpool now and YR do you know the players he brought in at Spurs?He was made the scapegoat to a crap manager Ramos.

ramos had a good first season didn't he? my point is the manager should be completely responsible for all aspects of the team that is what the managers job is, i feel uncomfortable when you have an overlapping of roles like this. Also if nigel has no choice how well will this go down? it could be an unmitigated disaster tbh. When it comes to signing a player, the choice is between 2 and the dof and nigel have a difference of opinion who's opinion will come first?

ramos had a good first season didn't he? my point is the manager should be completely responsible for all aspects of the team that is what the managers job is, i feel uncomfortable when you have an overlapping of roles like this. Also if nigel has no choice how well will this go down? it could be an unmitigated disaster tbh. When it comes to signing a player, the choice is between 2 and the dof and nigel have a difference of opinion who's opinion will come first?

Good question, but I think they will have to agree on potential signings. If I am honest I don't think it will be an issue for long! :D

Wouldn't call Ramos crap, winning The Europa League twice with Sevilla, winning the cup with Spurs plus achieving Real Madrids record points total.. (Although Peligrini beat it a year later). I have no idea what happened to Spurs at the beginning of that season.

On topic with a DOF.. It's a dangerous game, partnerships can be brilliant, they can be the links to getting in decent players as they generally are clued up on the business side as well as the football side. Damien Comolli practically built Spurs with their signings, and I hear he was influential with the Suarez signing for Liverpool?

This could be very good news for DCFC.. On the other hand it could be a failure costing NC his job.

Wouldn't call Ramos crap, winning The Europa League twice with Sevilla, winning the cup with Spurs plus achieving Real Madrids record points total.. (Although Peligrini beat it a year later). I have no idea what happened to Spurs at the beginning of that season.

On topic with a DOF.. It's a dangerous game, partnerships can be brilliant, they can be the links to getting in decent players as they generally are clued up on the business side as well as the football side. Damien Comolli practically built Spurs with their signings, and I hear he was influential with the Suarez signing for Liverpool?

This could be very good news for DCFC.. On the other hand it could be a failure costing NC his job.

Sorry crap at Spurs then, got sacked for their worst ever start in a season.But i do think NC needs help but would like to see a new experienced coach instead of a dof.

ram 1996, these past two and a half seasons have proven to me unless nigel is given a big budget it won't work and therefore he needs to be shown the door. He is an average manager at best in this level for me and he needs to go, we should have got rid of him last season tbh at the end of reading.

It hasn't proven that at all!

Posting this, you have clearly forgotten the 2007/08 season. Remember? The one where we were the worst team in history?

That is the squad we came down in to this league with. That side would easily, easily have been relegated in the Championship. Paul Jewell had sacks of money to play with - we had a 38-man squad, we'd spent £10million pounds and yet still, even after that, we were barely good enough for this league.

Don't ever forget - this is Nigel Clough's starting point as Derby manager. From this point, he is expected to keep this club in this league, whilst cutting back on the squad I mentioned above. Sure, he could add players, as long as they came cheap, and really this only meant lower leagues - if some of those could become capable squad players at this level, then great.

In his time here, Nigel Clough has kept this club afloat whilst slashing the wage bill, cutting the size of the squad in numbers by almost 50% (and in that, we've had an injury crisis that has put 16 players out), and adding future talents to the squad on a shoe string (Bailey, Cywka, Brayford, Fielding).

There have been some tactical decisions that have been questionable, some I can't defend - the juries out on that one. I fear Clough may not be a great tactician and this is the area where he might soon run out of talent one day. But these first 2 and a half years haven't been about our playing style, it's been about the manager coping with the off-field situation whilst trying to keep in stable on it. Clough's done what he's needed to do, and I'd say he's done well - not brilliantly, but he's done well.

Now is a time to judge how successful Clough can be as a manager with money, but you can't say he can't achieve success without a budget when he's hit all the targets he's needed to hit.

Clough needs a helping hand in player recruitment, and this summer is the most important of his Derby career - a helping hand would be fantastic, as Glick is clearly not best suited to the role. We're demanding experience on the pitch, and it also transpires that we also want experience off it.

sorry but i can and will, the squad was grossly large and needed cutting back frankly jewel made a pigs ear of it, also jewel replaced virtually every player from the 07/08 season with a new one, i believe agaisnt donny we had9-10 new starters. Clough has had money to play with and has built a squad which in the poorest championship i can remember frankly scraped survival by the skin of it's teeth. Burley had 0 to spend and had a worse squad than nigel inherited yet he did well after 1 season of struggle he turned us around and did well. That is a sign of a top manager, frankly clough is mediocre and nothing more.

sorry but i can and will, the squad was grossly large and needed cutting back frankly jewel made a pigs ear of it, also jewel replaced virtually every player from the 07/08 season with a new one, i believe agaisnt donny we had9-10 new starters. Clough has had money to play with and has built a squad which in the poorest championship i can remember frankly scraped survival by the skin of it's teeth. Burley had 0 to spend and had a worse squad than nigel inherited yet he did well after 1 season of struggle he turned us around and did well. That is a sign of a top manager, frankly clough is mediocre and nothing more.

Bang on!

Archived