New Technical Director of Football?

rsmini

As Wilko said above why are they trying to appoint this fella now. "We are going to hit the ground running make lots of early signings" Yet now they are making noises about this new recruit to help get the players in, should have been hired already. What we need is a fella like Ron Jukes, brilliant piece today about Arthur and Ron finding him Gee and could have had Steve Bull!!

Clough's had plenty of time to find these players we're about to sign. The technical director is a key role, it's not something that can be rushed, just like the players. The list of targets we have identified have had plenty of planning and I think Clough knows what he wants.

What this technical director will do is help with future transfer windows and perhaps take a little weight off Clough and Glick's shoulders. Nigel can do more managing, Glick can do more...er...CEOing. That's why it's not absolutely vital that this bloke is recruited now.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure how this will go, if Cloughs happy about it then fair enough- if not it could bring everything clashing down. Jury is definitely out

Can't see it happening myself.

You can't have two people making team selections and deciding whom to buy independently. Soccer management is a sole vision and NC has to stand on his feet on that basis.

Maybe someone to deal and barter over the actual transfer when a player has been identified, but that should be it.

Think its more

Can't see it happening myself.

You can't have two people making team selections and deciding whom to buy independently. Soccer management is a sole vision and NC has to stand on his feet on that basis.

Maybe someone to deal and barter over the actual transfer when a player has been identified, but that should be it.

Think from reading between the lines thats its more a fact the Glick isnt as well versed in this type of business as he'd thought he was. So from Pearson going we missed out on a few Connor Sammon being one.

Liverpool have Frank Arenson & Chelsea have had Avram Grant and there are rumours of him returning.

It works very well in Europe and the USA, there are no "gaffers" over there.

Wasn't Avram Grant Murinho director of football who got moved to manager when he left

Quite happy that they are looking for some experience. When you look at the management team we need some input from an active experienced individual who can help Glick and possibly NC (although he may not welcome such advice). Also builds continuity if, for whatever reason, NC goes.

That statement is absolute garbage, NC is totally involved in the appointment should it happen, it is by no means definite as it has to be the right person.

Can you substanciate this???????????????????? I didn't think so, Clough is a puppet who does as he is told. Moxey was sold to fund the Ayala deal. I know he was signed before the sale of Moxey, but the board were expecting to sell a player. We were getting desperate for the money so Moxey was sold to Palace.

Clough sang the party line and said it was for footballing reasons!

Can you substanciate this???????????????????? I didn't think so, Clough is a puppet who does as he is told. Moxey was sold to fund the Ayala deal. I know he was signed before the sale of Moxey, but the board were expecting to sell a player. We were getting desperate for the money so Moxey was sold to Palace.

perhaps you should substantiate your assertion too. (just a thought)

Or was Moxey sold to top add to the fee for commons and pay for Sammon.............we could all put some assertions together that are plausible without anything to back it up.

But, Glick and Clough always seem to get on and have a good working relationship so why wouldn't he be involved in the decision?

Strange you should ask the question and then answer it yourself. Yes I can but would not dream of doing it on here. He is very much involved in the whole process as will become obvious.

Strange you should ask the question and then answer it yourself. Yes I can but would not dream of doing it on here. He is very much involved in the whole process as will become obvious.

Well you clearly get your info from somewhere different to me!

I think people are misunderstanding the role we're after. It's seen more as a replacement for Pearson rather than someone to sit above Nigel and interfere. I'm sure this guy might highlight potential targets to Nigel but it'll up to Nigel if he wants them or not. We'll be after more of a business man who can help with the negotiations and assist the board during them to know if we should offer more money earlier or not. The idea is to help facilitate transfers not to take the identifying of targets and style of player away from Nigel.

I think people are misunderstanding the role we're after. It's seen more as a replacement for Pearson rather than someone to sit above Nigel and interfere. I'm sure this guy might highlight potential targets to Nigel but it'll up to Nigel if he wants them or not. We'll be after more of a business man who can help with the negotiations and assist the board during them to know if we should offer more money earlier or not. The idea is to help facilitate transfers not to take the identifying of targets and style of player away from Nigel.

Spot on that, Wilko.

Certainly seems the case, As I've said. Want someone in a Head Scout or Negotiator mold (Or both). This is why PH being used as a candidate worries me. He is branded as a nice guy, and knowledgeable. But he has Managerial experience and maybe not these 'Negotiator' skills. So isn't this a poor suggestion....Or do you think otherwise?

Correct!!

Certainly seems the case, As I've said. Want someone in a Head Scout or Negotiator mold (Or both). This is why PH being used as a candidate worries me. He is branded as a nice guy, and knowledgeable. But he has Managerial experience and maybe not these 'Negotiator' skills. So isn't this a poor suggestion....Or do you think otherwise?

Lost track of the thread now. Was Paul Hart a rumour or a suggestion?

I hope it's the latter. When has he ever shown promise as a negotiator or a Director of Football?

Then you know absolutely nothing about the man. If you don't like him or don't rate him as a manager that's fine but to insult him like that is garbage.

Archived