New Technical Director of Football?

rsmini

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Director of football eh?

Um....an elder stateman......someone with experience.....someone with charisma.....a figure head......someone who can operate in the slippery world of agents and transfers.....aaaah ....got it.

http://www.visitpendle.com/imageresizer/?image=%2Fdmsimgs%2Fdocherty&action=ProductMain

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…….

http://sleepingwiththenme.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/funny-pictures-goodbye-cruel-world-i0a?

Just out of interest what is Tom Glick going to do then? (polite answers only eh..**!!) I'm asuming that the new DoF will take over transfer dealings and coaching staff appointments ec.

Hide.

He's probably a bit fed up of everyone blaming him a) for investment and b) for improvement on the pitch.

Neither are really his fault. He seems to be a human shield a lot.

This Director of Football job is probably entirely his idea. Let some other bugger get those polite emails from fans.

I don't really understand what a DoF does either. Or why anyone needs one. But if it's a disguised title for "Mentor to Nigel Clough" then i'm happy. I think Clough could do with an older experienced head around him.

Just out of interest what is Tom Glick going to do then? (polite answers only eh..**!!) I'm asuming that the new DoF will take over transfer dealings and coaching staff appointments ec.

Glick will go back to his original job which is what the expertise of the oweners are. This is publicising the Club and generating further money. He has the difficult task of two heads generating money to run the club and then releasing the money to help build the squad up. It has not worked and he has been big enough to step down from there and with the pressure he has felt from fans, media, and finally Clough in last 2 months of the season he has had to step down. However this summer could be the saving of him and GSE if these signings work and I hope not for his sakes but for the fans sake we get it right at the beginning. Birmingham is a true test and one to give us an idea of how we will do.

Even if we lose this first game it all depends on how they react during the game. They still have Ben Foster in the net and if it had not been for him in goal for them last season they would have been down before they were as he was excellant for them. What we need to see is an imporvement and an element of the team is better than before and can make progress through the season

If they are able to find the right guy for this job I believe this will absolutely benefit the team a lot. This director of football is quite familiar thing from ice hockey teams. He will be in charge of scouting, getting in the right staff members, helping manager to deal with the transfers as well as anything else the manager needs so that the manager has more time with the team on the field. He will probably be heavily developing the work of the academy also. There will be other things too that will be on his territory but they will be depending on the clubs needs.

Glick can concentrate more on financial side of the club. I believe he is quite good at this and hope he can create more sponsorship money for the team. Nigel will have more time to work with the team and coaches. Hopefully all this shows on the field in the future.

This director of football is quite familiar thing from ice hockey teams.

....so is the Director of Football the Trainer and the manager the jockey?

....or is the Director of Football what we'd call the manager and the manager is the coach?

....or is the Director of Football what used to be the secretary, and the manager is the manager just like he always was?

....or what??

Archived