New Technical Director of Football?

rsmini

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....so is the Director of Football the Trainer and the manager the jockey?

....or is the Director of Football what we'd call the manager and the manager is the coach?

....or is the Director of Football what used to be the secretary, and the manager is the manager just like he always was?

....or what??

Well GSE has told for what purpose they want to hire this director of football. But since they are Yanks I can´t stop wondering if they are actually after getting a general manager like in NHL, NFL and NBA. In that case the new GM would supervise everything football related. Nigel woud be basically a head coach and GM would handle transfers with or without Nigel´s approval. The thing with general managers is that since they can sack anyone if they don´t like the results, they sometimes start coaching the team themselves until they get a new guy that they are happy with. So can´t help wondering if GSE is already getting in someone who could replace Nigel if they felt the situation demands it.

This GM thing is just guessing and I´m not after sacking of Nigel but I think GSE has felt some pressure from fans and they are ready to act on it. What I am sure of that they are not getting a secretary to Nigel.

sometimes thse things have a habit of going a bit off track.

Glick might think he wants a Stuart Webb, Adam Pearson type of character to assist transfers, but if the job description drifts and the Director Football is identifying and signing the players himself then why would we need Nigel?

We've already added Metgod to the staff to take care of the coaching.

I think i tend to agree with cisse, i think this is someone to assist nigel whether he likes it or not, and it could be insurance if things didn't work out. Glick did say that the dof would be assisting nigel in a lot of areas.

Glick also stated that the DoF would be doing the negotiating and finalising deals which all fall to him at the moment.

Maybe, just maybe, the DoF is a role that straddles the two. Working to sign the players Clough and his team identify, using the budget that Glick has managed to get out if investors and from club's operation. Allowing Clough and Glick to concentrate on their respective roles of managing the team and running the club.

Not a conspiracy to slide Clough out of the club. Also Glick stated that it's something that has worked at Anfield this season- if it were that bad a thing would King Kenny have put up with it.

I am not saying it is a conspiracy, I think the dof will like cisse says handle a lot of football related things just like glick said on the radio it will be a football man, I also think this is a result of the last two seasons with both glick and the manager coming in for criticism.

I am not saying it is a conspiracy, I think the dof will like cisse says handle a lot of football related things just like glick said on the radio it will be a football man, I also think this is a result of the last two seasons with both glick and the manager coming in for criticism.

Fair enough, it's just you seemed to focus on it helping Clough out, Glick also pointed out in a Ramsplayer interview that the DoF would be helping him out as well.

I don´t want to raise any conspiracy ideas here. I just have followed the work of general managers in NHL and NFL for a long time and think they have a very good system there when the right man is on the job. That is the reason I expect that GSE could be interested in something like that with us also. I do believe that Glick is really trying to get someone that would help his and Nigel´s job. I hope they get the right guy and Nigel can show us that he can build the new era in Derby County´s history.:)

is it like the General manager in WWE ?

Yeah, exactly like that. Basically, at the start of every training session, The Director would make a match between two players, say Cage Fighter Bywater and Buzz Lightyear Croft. Then Nigel would be made special guest referee. And that's the bottom line...

Yeah, exactly like that. Basically, at the start of every training session, The Director would make a match between two players, say Cage Fighter Bywater and Buzz Lightyear Croft. Then Nigel would be made special guest referee. And that's the bottom line...

Because Stone Cold Says So !!!

Archived