Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

Was thinking abroad. Read somewhere Metgod is allowed to further scout Europe.

Wouldn't like to pay millions for any of them.

Forget Europe, get him out to Costa Rican video shop, Jim Smith knows a good'un out there.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather steer clear of Waghorn meself. I've only seen him play wide right a couple of times for Leicester so maybe hard to judge. But £1.2m sounds a bit much for someone who doesn't seem to score goals.

Is this because he has mainly played RW or is he easily out muscled in the box??

People keep saying buy abroad. These players are no more proven at this level then players from lower leagues. Look at Bueno great when first came as he was not man marker, good weather in the run, there was also Commons on form until he had decided he would be leaving.

From November the English weather kicked in, he got tackled heavily in first 5 mins of game then became a player at the opposite endd of where he was. The problem buying a player on limited funds from abroad is it is a big gamble if they fail to settle. When we brought the players under Jim Smith, Pickering was ploughing money and gambled to get the fans in and then movedd to Pride Park to ensure the revenue was there.

Name players abroad who we would be interested in there will always be reasons why we shoudl or shouldn't sign him and then the risk is will he settle. Only same gamble with lower league players except they don't have to settle into the English game.

Derby's official facebook also linked to the article about this. Perhaps they are feeling out the fans opinions beforehand? They do have that money back guarentee to uphold after all.

the facebook page will not have any official news on it before it's made public. Many official sites have a rumour section, I think it's just to keep the fans updated with the local gossip

Derby's official facebook also linked to the article about this. Perhaps they are feeling out the fans opinions beforehand? They do have that money back guarentee to uphold after all.

I know who the bloke who runs the page. He doesn't haveny official affiliation with the club, just pit things up that the fans might like to know.

If he can't get in Leicester's team and with scoring record we don't need him, but I'd take Howard back to lead the line ;)

me too

all the decent strikers have moved or are staying put

Archived