Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I think he would be a fantastic 'loan to buy' option.

He seems to work hard, and knows how to score, but I doubt it'll happen. Our interest him in was a long time ago, and I'd think that this is more a case of a journalist looking into previous interest rather than having some knowledge of a move we didn't.

If we did sign him, I'd be very happy, but judging by other comments I don't think others would be.

Just mentioned in the other thread, he has been the best player i've seen against us this season.

Anyone at Leicester will vouch for that, had a stormer. If he could perform anything close to that level (even half of that level) he would be our best striker.

I would like him here anyway.

Just mentioned in the other thread, he has been the best player i've seen against us this season.

Anyone at Leicester will vouch for that, had a stormer. If he could perform anything close to that level (even half of that level) he would be our best striker.

After that performance I'm surprised he doesn't start every week. Anyone know why? Injuries/form?

cough, Nathan Tyson, cough, cough

After that performance I'm surprised he doesn't start every week. Anyone know why? Injuries/form?

Woods and Nugent.

Schlupp, Fuctas, Gallagher, Vardy, Beckford and then Waghorn.

6 of them 8 strikers have been brought in on big money or for big money in fairness... Wood has been sensational, Nugent is too good for this division, then he would be third choice (IMO)

Absolutely would take Waghorn on loan. Preferably with a view to buy but that wouldnt be a dealbreaker as far as I'm concerned.

That said, I'm taking this report with a pinch of salt - I can't imagine him slumming it at Hartlepool for a few weeks...local lad or not. And as we have been historically linked with him, its possibly just lazy journalism rather than definite fresh interest

Absolutely would take Waghorn on loan. Preferably with a view to buy but that wouldnt be a dealbreaker as far as I'm concerned.

That said, I'm taking this report with a pinch of salt - I can't imagine him slumming it at Hartlepool for a few weeks...local lad or not. And as we have been historically linked with him, its possibly just lazy journalism rather than definite fresh interest

I think the link to us and Hartlepool dated from last July so this is really just a dressed up player suggestion as far as I can see

• 3 months later...

I see this guy has reportedly been made available for transfer. Surely we should have signed this guy instead of Chris Martin? Prob would have got him for a bargain now Leicester want rid as well!

I'd say no. Waghorn's never been a goalscorer whereas Martin has, albeit at League 1 level. At least it shows he knows where the net is.

Besides that, I think they're very similar in terms of all-around ability.

Archived