Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

That's a bit like saying the only way we'd sign another defender is if Coutts was sold. Sammon and Ward are very different players to Waghorn, and whilst I agree that there is no indication that we'd be after him, and seemingly no need either, Ward and Sammon both play different roles to what Waghorn would do.

My understanding is that he's primarily a striker, but has been used as a left winger on occasions. I can't see us signing anymore strikers unless one departs, so I don't quite see the substance in your glib little analogy.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think we can afford to get rid of him. Can't speak for Russell, but he was the only player last season who looked likely to beat a man and do something for long stretches. We would miss that.

Sage is anyone interested in Tyson or theo though?

Cause I can't find and rumours with a possibility.

I've not heard anything. We had fees agreed with Millwall and Huddersfield apparently, but neither loan period went well, so I think they may need some shifting. 

I think he is a good player, and I always said we would sign him.

It does seem unlikely though, I must admit - I don't know where he would fit in.

Maybe if we were playing 4-3-3

Sammon/Martin

Russell/Waghorn
Ward/Jacobs

that's before you take into account Theo, Tyson, Bennett, Ball, Doyle or Thomas. 

I think he is a good player, and I always said we would sign him.

It does seem unlikely though, I must admit - I don't know where he would fit in.

Maybe if we were playing 4-3-3

Sammon/Martin

Russell/Waghorn

Ward/Jacobs

that's before you take into account Theo, Tyson, Bennett, Ball, Doyle or Thomas.

Well I don't think you do take into account those. Bennett very loosely.

Archived