Daniel Ayala

Srg

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Football is doomed due to many reasons, including loans, and that includes deluded fans accepting the situation. We, the working class are paying for this, and it is not acceptable in my opinion. Football is changing for the worse and I shall very shortly stop going as I don't want to be associated with this apathy. I expect better for DCFC but our Board have done nothing so far to make us into a global brand!

You seem to be harking back to he good old days. Did Clough and Taylor look to make Derby a 'global brand'?

Football is doomed due to many reasons, including loans, and that includes deluded fans accepting the situation. We, the working class are paying for this, and it is not acceptable in my opinion. Football is changing for the worse and I shall very shortly stop going as I don't want to be associated with this apathy. I expect better for DCFC but our Board have done nothing so far to make us into a global brand!

Surely a bit of a contradiction?

The whole global brand thing is what is ruining football clubs and probably your experience. It's why we are loaning players from Leicester. Their owners obviously have big plans, but it's that kind of spending that is what football does not need.

I am a football fan. I like football, and love Derby County. You stopping going will not change football in the slightest, but if that's what you want to do then so be it, but it will not change things and is rather petty. Football is not the 1980s any more. You can argue all day that it has changed for the worse, in many ways it hasn't, in some ways it has. But it's still football, it's just today.

Not having a go at you mate, I'm just an old bugger who was brought up on football in the 60's and in the 70's when I was treated to some wonderful Championship wins from the once Mighty Derby County. By the 80's I'd had enough, and have seen so many changes for the worse, all seater stadia, prices going sky high etc. I will always be DTID even if I stop going to games. Seeing as I have only missed one home game in 40 years, I doubt whether it will happen, and I'm going to give it 100% tomorrow and will lose my voice and probably get arrested again!

I'd prefer a rule change which did away with loans, I'd also go as far as to say only allow players who want to play for us, and that stubbornness is why I like Nigel Clough.

Our Board are lucky to have the stability of Clough, as they spouted off about Global Brand, yet haven't delivered, and they've been here 3 years or so. I'd have been far happier if they had said at the very start, listen chaps we are not going to spend £Millions we are just going to go for cheaper players and loans, however don't they take out £1.5M in management fees? :mad:

Do you know what, we the fans are being taken for a ride! I could do the job for £100K and re-invest the other £1.4M into Scouting and The Academy in order to find our OWN players. Watford beat us last Saturday with 7 Academy players. We had one I think :confused:

To conclude, It may seem contradictory, as I want to go back in time, but that is exactly what our Board have done, they came on board and stated they would make us a global brand.

Loans are a stop-gap which I dislike, and cannot be a long term plan imo.

Have we even signed this lad from Liverpool yet? :rolleyes:

I agree I don't like what football has turned itself into since the arrival of the Premiership, but I can't think its going to be getting any better - ever.

I'd like to get rid of the money from the game. It's the main cause of trouble nowadays (clubs overspending, gambling on the future, wages crises etc) - but every team that ends up being bought by a rich faceless outfit can't wait to be one of the teams shafting the system.

I'd rather not be a global brand. I'd like every team to be a local brand and nothing more.

Never going to happen, though.

Archived