Sheff UTD (A) - Match Thread

Eoghan1884

16 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

It would seem that Sheffield United have got Andy Madley as ref so it doesn’t natter which team or formation we pick. 😡

16 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Is the EFL trolling us with the Madley brothers? 

We’re 6th in the table for wins under reffed Andy Madley. Sheffield United 8th. Our records are pretty equal, so they would have the same reason to complain as us with the choice of referee.

No excuses today other than we’re missing Ozoh.

IMG_0075.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

7 minutes to find a magnifying glass to see who's on the bench.

You would think they had realised this issue by now. I have to take a screenshot and then zoom in 😆 It’s only so you have to visit the website.

Obvious move was always to put Osborn in for the injured Ozoh and leave everything else as it is, moving Adams back to CDM… if it ain’t broke, don't fix it and all that…

Trouble is, I’m not sure it’s the right move. This is one of the toughest games of the season, and we leave ourselves very open in the middle of the park with that system imo. It’s not very often I say this, but I’d prefer to see us three at the back today to try and grind something out. Fair play to Warne for his bravery, that’s something I’ll always commend, but I do fear for us today… hope Im wrong!

I understand the "don't change a winning team" philosophy,

But wasn't everyone telling us that Nat Phillips was significantly better than our current CBs and arguably our best player on paper now?

I'd rather we play our strongest team whenever we can rather than wait for the current team to drop points. Unless ofc folks were overstating his ability?

That being said, fully behind them today. Going to be a tough game I think we have to be delighted with a point. I'm expecting less than 30% possession 😅

56 minutes ago, Day said:

We’re 6th in the table for wins under reffed Andy Madley. Sheffield United 8th. Our records are pretty equal, so they would have the same reason to complain as us with the choice of referee.

No excuses today other than we’re missing Ozoh.

IMG_0075.jpeg

I love stats! 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I understand the "don't change a winning team" philosophy,

But wasn't everyone telling us that Nat Phillips was significantly better than our current CBs and arguably our best player on paper now?

I'd rather we play our strongest team whenever we can rather than wait for the current team to drop points. Unless ofc folks were overstating his ability?

That being said, fully behind them today. Going to be a tough game I think we have to be delighted with a point. I'm expecting less than 30% possession 😅

There’s no managers I’d think less likely to change a winning team than Warne. It’d go against what he stands for I think. As soon as we lose one though I’d suspect Phillips will be straight in.