Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

17 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

which is why he reminds me of DCFCArmy.

And there’s a few others on here I would say….

Constructive criticism fine but some of the comments from some (not all) are from non rams - no doubt about it 

17 hours ago, Archied said:

Nope ,, Jackson created the chance aided by his team who between them and Jackson closed in on the boro player and closed down his options he felt under pressure and crumbled , it was a very very good goal

image.thumb.png.7e72c9da8126e86424e2293a85f5104b.png

what part of this do you class as the team helping jackson create a goal? They are all just pushing out the box from a corner apart from kenzo who was on the edge of the box anyway. This is a completely normal thing to do.

17 hours ago, Archied said:

Nope ,, Jackson created the chance aided by his team who between them and Jackson closed in on the boro player and closed down his options he felt under pressure and crumbled , it was a very very good goal

lets just say hypothetically, that it was the other way round and the boro player was running towards the ball and sonny bradley hit that pass too short trying to find vickers. Would you say thats a big mistake from bradley or would you say its a well created goal from boro ?

9 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

lets just say hypothetically, that it was the other way round and the boro player was running towards the ball and sonny bradley hit that pass too short trying to find vickers. Would you say thats a big mistake from bradley or would you say its a well created goal from boro ?

Can't both be true? It was a gilt-edged chance handed to us by Isiah Jones' misplaced backpass, however that mistake was caused by Jackson's industrious pressing, and then he still had a lot to do (literally half the pitch to dribble) to convert the chance.

I'd argue it was both a bad mistake and a well-taken goal. One doesn't have to take away from the other.

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The owner of our club is Clowes Developments, not Clowes. They are owned by The Clowes Trust.

Exactly this. Morris had licence to splash whatever cash he wanted because he’d made it all. But there are significant limits on what DC can invest, even if he is inclined to, because it’s the family fortune, not his own punting fund. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

Can't both be true? It was a gilt-edged chance handed to us by Isiah Jones' misplaced backpass, however that mistake was caused by Jackson's industrious pressing, and then he still had a lot to do (literally half the pitch to dribble) to convert the chance.

I'd argue it was both a bad mistake and a well-taken goal. One doesn't have to take away from the other.

Precisely that. A well taken goal and a bad mistake from the boro player. But it wasnt a chance we created ourselves. My point being we have no pattern of attacking play. How were we planning on creating a chance outside of set pieces? It's just poor coaching in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

Precisely that. A well taken goal and a bad mistake from the boro player. But it wasnt a chance we created ourselves. My point being we have no pattern of attacking play. How were we planning on creating a chance outside of set pieces? It's just poor coaching in my opinion.

I get what you mean. I agree we didn't create the chance on the ball, however I'd argue Jackson's endeavour through pressing helped force the mistake which made the chance, so we did contribute to the goal being created?

Not having established patterns of play is a fair point. We don't often see triangles, or neat interplay. I've always been slightly lenient to Warne on this because it's been successful so far- I always said I'd rather go up by any means; if this footballing style is how to do it, then so be it. 

My hope is that the new-look midfield will help with this though. Lots of technical ability between Kenzo, Ozoh, and Osborn; I'm hoping as they gel we'll start to see more cohesion in how we play, and hopefully start to play some nice stuff in the middle of the park. I think we've seen flashes already, hopefully it carries on as the season progresses. 🤞

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

What if those set pieces yield results? We have become quite the threat from set pieces under the current setup, almost as if it’s something being worked on in training and coached regularly. If it is something being worked on in training, to the point we’ve improved as a team and it gives us an advantage in some games over some teams, isn’t that by definition “good coaching”?

Being defensively resolute and taking advantage of set pieces might not be very fashionable, it’s a bit old school in a way, but it is a tactic that can be deployed and has been by many teams throughout footballing history. Not the shiny modern footballing tactics you’re clearly yearning for, but tactics and coaching nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

image.thumb.png.7e72c9da8126e86424e2293a85f5104b.png

what part of this do you class as the team helping jackson create a goal? They are all just pushing out the box from a corner apart from kenzo who was on the edge of the box anyway. This is a completely normal thing to do.

Doing the completely normal unglamorous well and as a team , they’re player saw no forward ball to keep the pressure on and got caught passing backwards and to top it all we did it for 3/4 of the 111 minutes of the game , I enjoyed the game , the team fight and spirit , was on my feet applauding those derby hero’s for an unpredicted win , applauded them off the pitch as did those around me in the east stand ,

what can I tell you , derby till I die 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Well why didn’t you say before 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

I would say they got what they deserved and we got what we deserved from the situation, end of , we won, get over it, it’s a long season and you will have better days

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Doing the completely normal unglamorous well and as a team , they’re player saw no forward ball to keep the pressure on and got caught passing backwards and to top it all we did it for 3/4 of the 111 minutes of the game , I enjoyed the game , the team fight and spirit , was on my feet applauding those derby hero’s for an unpredicted win , applauded them off the pitch as did those around me in the east stand ,

what can I tell you , derby till I die 🤷🏻‍♂️

And you never waived to me  once 👋

With all this talk of us not creating any chances - it  might be worth checking the match stats to see that in fact we did have a number of shots after all. A surprising amount, given the lopsided talent pools involved.

In 10 years time the records will show Derby County 1 Middlesbrough 1, just as they do now. End of story.

20 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

With all this talk of us not creating any chances - it  might be worth checking the match stats to see that in fact we did have a number of shots after all. A surprising amount, given the lopsided talent pools involved.

In 10 years time the records will show Derby County 1 Middlesbrough 1, just as they do now. End of story.

Or even 1-0 😉