Championship 24/25 rival watch

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We're one game in. One. I give up.

So people aren't allowed to be concerned now? I didn't say we should sack Warne or do anything crazy but are we now in a position where we aren't allowed to be at least slightly worried that we look absolutely miles off it compared to most of the teams in the division?

If that's somehow an extreme position then I also give up.

15 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

They set up well out of possession, work hard to close the spaces when they lose the ball, move it around quickly and efficiently and have Harris up front! We’re the polar opposite currently 

They finished 15 points behind us last season. Over 46 games we were over 0.3 points per match better than them on average and that included their amazing start and our woeful start. We shouldn’t be polar opposite! 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

They finished 15 points behind us last season. Over 46 games we were over 0.3 points per match better than them on average and that included their amazing start and our woeful start. We shouldn’t be polar opposite! 

What can I tell you? I’ve enjoyed watching them this afternoon more than I did us last night!

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So people aren't allowed to be concerned now? I didn't say we should sack Warne or do anything crazy but are we now in a position where we aren't allowed to be at least slightly worried that we look absolutely miles off it compared to most of the teams in the division?

If that's somehow an extreme position then I also give up.

It’s one game & we aren’t even in the bottom 3. Unless you’ve managed to watch 8 games simultaneously, which would be very impressive, then how do you know we are so dreadfully poor compared to all the other teams.

With 20 minutes to go we looked like the most likely to win and then after a couple of sloppy moments we threw the game away. I don’t think Blackburn were 2 goals better than us last night and the scoreline has caused a massive overreaction.

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Honestly reading stuff like "we're the worst team in the league" after one game is pretty embarrassing even by the standards of some of our fans. Absolute joke to be honest.

We're probably going to add about 4-5 more players at least and will have players like Ward, CBT and Yates back very soon.

2 seasons ago we came back for pre season with 5 players.

Getting out of league of league one after 2 seasons was a great achievement. Teams like Pompey, Ipswich, Sunderland etc were down there for a lot longer and had chance to properly build. 

Of course it's going to be difficult. But we've played one game (we lost the first two last season and went up) and I saw more than enough yesterday to know that with a few additions we will be fine 

I don’t think people should be writing us off after one match or calling for extreme decisions 1 match in. 

2 points though: 

1) Having watched the two teams who came up with us adjust considerably better despite still wanting to bring in more transfers themselves we are allowed to be concerned especially after how badly pre season went for us. 

2) Is all criticism going to be met with ‘we were in admin and nearly didn’t exist’ from now until the end of time? When is it okay for us to just be disappointed with what we’ve seen without us being guilt tripped into being reminded about admin? 

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

We’ve just gone up the league . Cardiff are 2 down . They have to be this seasons bottom team 

No, unfortunately we are. 90 minutes out of 4140 is enough to decide we will finish bottom, setting yet another record low for points.

1 hour ago, DiggerB said:

I posted this in the Foitball thread earlier.

Is it just me looking on a little jealously at Oxford and Pompey’s line-ups today? We look to have by far the weakest recruitment of the 3 promoted sides so far. Let’s hope we come good on deals in the final 3 weeks of the window.

According to many on here Oxford don't have 1 player that we should be wanting in our team 😆

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

The football in this league is so much better, L1 really was turgid wasn't it.

Leeds just missed a 1v1 easy chance to win as well, insane game.

You are so right . I went last night and don’t ever want us to play the likes of Port Vale ever again . I think David Clowes will loosen the purse strings and we will be OK . 

Long way to go but after watching Oxford and Pompey I’m so deflated - sure we can battle to 16th if we come good but we have no patterns of play like many sides which is what upsets me 

Love Warney but he will have to change our style to keep us up - potential last night in that 20 minutes spell so with 5 or 6 additions we’ll be ok but - players don’t seem to be rushing to join the historic big club Derby County - who’d of thought the days would come when Bournemouth, Brentford et al would be solid prem sides whilst we languish 

oh well - Derby till I die , cmooonnnnnn you Ramssssss

I was only able to watch the Oxford game and they were excellent. They played some good possession football at times and played with the right intensity and importantly they looked like an organised team up for the challenge.

Harris pressing from the front and being a nuisance all game, Placheta and Goodrham running the channels, Brannagan in midfield was involved in everything and Vaulks using his experience to control the game and mop things up.

Strangely, it’s encouraging to me that Oxford played so well and Portsmouth fought tooth and nail for a point.

It shows you can find joy in this division and there is hope for us. We just have to put the work in on the training ground and get the balance of the team right.