Rate The Last Film You Saw

WorksopRam

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kick Ass as been one of my favorite films. The little girl in the film has been in a lot of other films I have seen she was brilliant in them to.

Yeah, it's one of mine as well.  The first one was excellent.  The second one, while it didn't receive favorable reviews, was pretty good as well.  Hit Girl from the films has popped up in all sorts including the remake of Carrie and alongside Denzel in The Equalizer.  She seems to be doing quite well for herself at the moment.

A most violent year.

Certain this is a 8/10 film, really well down slow burner of a gangster movie. May need to give it another watch to confirm it was as good as I first believe.

Great start to 2015 film wise, next up Inherent Vice and Birdman

Taken 3-Not as good as the first two,but still a pretty solid action flick overall.Neeson was good as always. 8/10.

Seriously, is there a Taken 3? Seriously, on average, I sit through a film about 2 or 3 times a year, and I was cajoled by one of my kids a few years back to watch Taken, and did enjoy it. I, however, fell into the trap of seeing Taken 2 which I thought was a pile of regurgitated crap. If Taken 3 is worse then it surely must be close to already winning Film Turkey of the Year 2015.

A most violent year.

Certain this is a 8/10 film, really well down slow burner of a gangster movie. May need to give it another watch to confirm it was as good as I first believe.

Great start to 2015 film wise, next up Inherent Vice and Birdman

Come on man... need more detail than this? Is it a UK based film? American? Anyone known in it? Similar to anything? Any stellar performances?

Seriously, is there a Taken 3? Seriously, on average, I sit through a film about 2 or 3 times a year, and I was cajoled by one of my kids a few years back to watch Taken, and did enjoy it. I, however, fell into the trap of seeing Taken 2 which I thought was a pile of regurgitated crap. If Taken 3 is worse then it surely must be close to already winning Film Turkey of the Year 2015.

Lol.Probably worst of the bunch yes,but I thought still a solid movie.Storyline was solid and Liam was solid as always.

Come on man... need more detail than this? Is it a UK based film? American? Anyone known in it? Similar to anything? Any stellar performances?

Haha sorry, thought it was quite well known.

Set in New York, 1981, which was apparently one of the worst years for organised crime hence the title.

Don't want to give much away but if you like the Goodfellas etc it's well worth a watch. By far one of the best gangster flicks of recent times imo. 

Maleficent

Re-telling of the Sleeping Beauty story (which I couldn't remember & kept mixing up with Snow White), told from the viewpoint of the "villain", Maleficent.

Ordered from Lovefilm for the missus mainly but really enjoyed it. Dark and thought provoking. Good performance by Angelina Jolie. Great cheekbones in this one.

8.5/10

I thought this was for present theater releases (and) then had a look at previous pages and any film title goes..

In any event, watched Gorky Park a few hours recent.     Set in Russia (although actually shot in Finland) it focuses on the murders of some kids whose identities have been removed and trying to piece together the responsible.   Decent time-filler with some tangible suspense and fine action.    A hidden gem from the 1980s.

I watched The Eichmann Show last night.  It was a TV movie broadcast on BBC2 and starred Martin Freeman and Anthony La Paglia.  The film followed a TV producer (Freeman) and his director (La Paglia) as they attempt to broadcast the trial of known Nazi SS officer Adolf Eichmann.  While the majority of the film focused on the actors portraying the real life characters there was quite a lot of genuine footage from the trial used throughout the film.  This combination provided an excellent dramatisation of the trial while serving up a poignant reminder of the atrocities committed in the name of The Third Reich. It was an excellent piece of one off television and I highly recommend it. 8/10

Archived