Rate The Last Film You Saw

WorksopRam

Apologies if there's already a thread for this, bit I couldn't find one.

This worked pretty well on the old DET forum.

Basically, rate the last film you saw out of 10.

I'll go first...

Gangs of New York: 9.5/10

Fantastic film, Daniel Day Lewis is sublime.

Nearly the perfect film, I just feel that the end 15 minutes is a bit rushed.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apologies if there's already a thread for this, bit I couldn't find one.

This worked pretty well on the old DET forum.

Basically, rate the last film you saw out of 10.

I'll go first...

Gangs of New York: 9.5/10

Fantastic film, Daniel Day Lewis is sublime.

Nearly the perfect film, I just feel that the end 15 minutes is a bit rushed.

Great film just watched back to the future cant wait for numbr 2:D

Gran Torino - 9.5/10. Shame it's the last movie that Clint will be acting in tho'. A great film, thoroughly enjoyable and interesting from the off, full of imagery and metaphor but done very deftly. I don't usually like films that Clint directs as they tend to be very slow, and this one isn't a fast paced action movie either, but I can certainly make an exception for this one.

Time Traveller's Wife - 5/10 - An interesting premise wasted. Some good ideas but poorly handled.

Sweeney Todd - 6/10 - I know a lot of people raved about it when it was released, but it didn't hit the spot for me. I can only listen to Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter doing their singing Cockney Sparra impressions for so long, and I ddin't think too much of the story either - I saw the "twist" coming well ahead.

Harry Brown

9/10 - Michael Caine was brilliant

Just a shame the film reflects the true state of some of the UK cities.

It's good in a bad way isn't it?

I remember watching it and saying to myself several times i'm going to turn this **** off in a minute. Made me furious. But i didn't turn it off and would say it highlights a problem rather than glamourises living the life of an utter moron

District 9.

7/10

Unoriginal idea but a new, fresh and different setting of Johannesberg. I like the filming style it reminded me a little of Cloverfield (but not quite as bad). The early parts are very metaphoric of apartheid. It kind of becomes a black comedy towards the end but overall it's a good film and worth a watch.

RED (Retired Extremely Dangerous).

8/10

Great flick really. Like a classic action thriller but with moments of cheese and the occasional laugh out loud moment.

A brilliant cast is what makes it. Just a decent entertaining light-hearted film I'd recommend it. Only a 12A so it's ok for kids.

I'm reassured that Bruce Willis is still an awesome action hero.

Inception,omg omg omg,What a superb film.

It has a Matrix feel to it and even though i gasped at that films awesomeness 'Inception' is better.:D

10/10 (the wife didn't understand what was going on, i think she'd give it 5/10)

although having said that,my fave film '12 monkeys' is better than both so that should get 11/10 :confused:

Archived