Rate The Last Film You Saw

WorksopRam

Lost in Translation- 7.5/10

Interesting and I loved the way it was shot/directed. Also starts with a close up of Scarlett Johanson's arse, so can't complain.

Safety Not Guaranteed- 7.5/10

Really appreciated this one actually, wasn't expecting anything from it but it was expertly made. Established the main character extremely well inside the first 30 seconds, which is quite a feat when you consider the Star Wars never really established some of their main characters in around 7/8 hours of film. Kept twisting and turning, one of those films you keep thinking about for the next few days.

Also re-watched the original Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back last weekend, both 10/10's. I'd say Empire is up there as possibly the greatest sequel of all time considering what it had to live up to + fan hype.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost in Translation- 7.5/10

Interesting and I loved the way it was shot/directed. Also starts with a close up of Scarlett Johanson's arse, so can't complain.

Safety Not Guaranteed- 7.5/10

Really appreciated this one actually, wasn't expecting anything from it but it was expertly made. Established the main character extremely well inside the first 30 seconds, which is quite a feat when you consider the Star Wars never really established some of their main characters in around 7/8 hours of film. Kept twisting and turning, one of those films you keep thinking about for the next few days.

Also re-watched the original Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back last weekend, both 10/10's. I'd say Empire is up there as possibly the greatest sequel of all time considering what it had to live up to + fan hype.

Safety Not Guaranteed is indeed a brilliant film.Well made,great story and characters. just a film that won't be seen by many because there was no hype or much in the way of advertisement for it.

I will watch it again and mark it again.Think I gave it 10/10 .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73jSnAs7mq8

Box trolls 7/10 starts slow but finished well (clever film) my kids loved it

Angels Share 10/10 great British film, funny, gritty, and a bit dark in places. Well worth a watch

Safety Not Guaranteed is indeed a brilliant film.Well made,great story and characters. just a film that won't be seen by many because there was no hype or much in the way of advertisement for it.

I will watch it again and mark it again.Think I gave it 10/10 .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73jSnAs7mq8

I'm am in full agreement with you. Really enjoyed this on first viewing.

I watched Frank yesterday.  The story was quite quirky, bordering on absurd at times, but despite this quirky nature, was extremely heartfelt and thought provoking.  There were great performances from Maggie Gyllenhall and Dohmnal Gleeson and, in particular, Michael Fassbender who steals the show as Frank. The great acting, top soundtrack and general unique feel of the story make this a must see.  10/10.

http://youtu.be/-catC4tBVyY

• 2 weeks later...

If you got a million people to review this piece of crap and got them to give marks out of a hundred, I doubt that the total would exceed the title of the film.

I finally got to see it tonight, and my brain melted.

If you have never seen this piece of $hit, please, for the love of god, keep it that way. This is probably the worst film ever made, and I can say that having seen Wild Women Of Wonga, Plan 9 From Outer Space AND Godzilla v The Smog Monster.

Please - never, EVER watch this piece of garbage.  watched it - so you don't have to.

If you got a million people to review this piece of crap and got them to give marks out of a hundred, I doubt that the total would exceed the title of the film.

I finally got to see it tonight, and my brain melted.

If you have never seen this piece of $hit, please, for the love of god, keep it that way. This is probably the worst film ever made, and I can say that having seen Wild Women Of Wonga, Plan 9 From Outer Space AND Godzilla v The Smog Monster.

Please - never, EVER watch this piece of garbage.  watched it - so you don't have to.

I too have had the misfortune of watching this movie. It's terrible.

How many times can John Cusak outrun natural disasters.....in a limo?   

Olympus Has Fallen:  Terrible film. Gerard Butler spends the movie attempting an American accent loaded with terrible action movie cliches while single handedly taking out the North Korean army that takes over the White House.  Meanwhile, Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman spend the entire movie with a "think of the pay cheque" look in their eyes. Saving grace, the action and dialogue is so bad it kind of becomes a comedy! 2/10.

Easy A:  Emma Stone and a bunch of other 20 somethings pretend to be high school students whilst moaning about how hard life is.  A few funny moments from the "high-schoolers" and a few more from the main characters parents.  Not the greatest film but watchable enough as background noise.  5/10

Dracula:Untold.Great storyline and good action scenes.As a Dracula enthusiast I was very much satisfied. 9.5/10.

Some bad reviews for it,but I really enjoyed it.

I picked up the Dracula legacy collection on DVD from Sainsbury's a few days ago, less than a tenner for 5 great movies. That's Halloween viewing sorted out! :)

Olympus Has Fallen:  Terrible film. Gerard Butler spends the movie attempting an American accent loaded with terrible action movie cliches while single handedly taking out the North Korean army that takes over the White House.  Meanwhile, Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman spend the entire movie with a "think of the pay cheque" look in their eyes. Saving grace, the action and dialogue is so bad it kind of becomes a comedy! 2/10.

There's a sequel coming, and it's set in London. Dick Van Dyke is on standby for a leading role....

Archived