Rate The Last Film You Saw

WorksopRam

Inherent Vice - Joaquin Phoenix puts in a decent turn as permanently stoned private investigator, Doc. The movie looked and felt very 70s and I enjoyed it although I think i'll need a repeat viewing to get a full grasp of the plot.  Worth a go. 7/10

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Into the Wild

Story about a normal 20 something who couldn't be arsed with society following his graduation. So he went on one big adventure. Struck a chord this one.

Solid movie, bit to dragged out in places. Also features one of the most pointless sex scenes, but it is a American movie afterall.

7.5/10. That .5 is attributed to the Danish tits and Kristen Stewart playing the fittest 16 year old of all time.

Annabelle 3/10

I have never been so disappointed in a film ever.

Loved the first one and was sooo wanting to watch this and love it. Boy was I pissed off.

I love horror films,they're my favourite genre, but I couldn't be bothered with anything about this trash.

The Imitation Game 8/10 - Excellent film, nicely written with enough amusement to lighten up what is ultimately an amazing but sad story. Cumberbatch is excellent as the somewhat eccentric Turing

The Hobbit: Battle of 5 armies 5/10 - Very disappointed with this but not unexpected considering what they had left for a 150 minute film. Drawn out and forced but still some excellent action sequences as you'd expect from Peter Jackson

Kingsman 8.5/10 - Pleasantly surprised by this as having seen the trailer I thought it looked ridiculous. Took itself seriously enough as a spy flick to not be an atrocious spoof but still funny enough to be classed a comedy. Reminiscent of some of the older Bond films at times, highly recommended

The Drop 8/10 - Nice twist, gotta love Tom Hardy

Dallas Buyers Club - Superb 9/10

There will be blood - DDL amazing 9/10

Maze Runner - a tad disappointing given the good reviews 6/10

The Giver - Naff 3/10

Gone Girl - recommend this very clever - 8/10

The Equalizer - I like Denzel, but this wasn't his fienst movie IMO - 6/10

A walk among the Tombstones - Liam Neeson needs a change of role - 6/10

The Hobbit - 7/10 - I liked the movie, but it seemed to lack something and it had a real anti-climax ending

Hunger Games (one and two) - 8/10 - I wasn't interested in these movies, but after watching them they are pretty unique

Divergent - 5/10 - The fact I can't remember what happens probably states it's not that good

Big Hero 6 - 8/10 - Very funny movie

Birdman 10/10

Whiplash 10/10 

It's a shame that these type of movies are always terribly distributed and marketed/lack there of in the UK. I hate the know nothing pillocks in suits who don't think these kind of movies would be successful with a wide release here. What would they call them, art house movies or whatever it is. Load of nonsense. 

Movies I want to see next: The Imitation Game and American Sniper. 

Dallas Buyers Club - Superb 9/10

There will be blood - DDL amazing 9/10

Possibly the greatest single acting performance I have ever seen.

Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood

Just watched DBC on your recommendation. I wasn't disappointed.

John Wick 7/10. Nice amount of action getting used to these revenge films thoe which is a problem. Good acting etc as well would recommend.

Any one remember 'The Wanderers' used to watch it with my Dad a lot always remember the songs etc. Classic that film is.

Archived