Scott Wright

I’d imagine this would see Barkhuizen leave as he’s similar in quality and attributes. I could see him being used as a utitility man on either wing and in the wing back positions. Hes 26 so wouldn’t be bad at a very minimal fee. Cant imagine he’s our first option though.

Edited by Eoghan1884

Ooh, another Witcoop link. He’s got one correct with Ozoh, so think we might have to wait a few years before he gets another one right!

Looks like this guy plays on the RW. I’d be very surprised if there was anything in it for that reason alone - pretty much all of our existing widemen already prefer the right - we don’t need anyone else there. 

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I’d imagine this would see Barkhuizen leave as he’s similar in quality and attributes. I could see him being used as a utitility man on either wing and in the wing back positions. Hes 26 so wouldn’t be bad at a very minimal fee. Cant imagine he’s our first option though.

I've actually been impressed with Barkhuizen in the flashes that we've seen him so far in pre Season. I saw a post that he was back from holidays early doing fitness work before the rest of the team returned and he looked lively when he came on Vs Stockport the other day. Given his previous Championship experience I think I'd rather stick than twist unless its an obvious upgrade.

7 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

I've actually been impressed with Barkhuizen in the flashes that we've seen him so far in pre Season. I saw a post that he was back from holidays early doing fitness work before the rest of the team returned and he looked lively when he came on Vs Stockport the other day. Given his previous Championship experience I think I'd rather stick than twist unless its an obvious upgrade.

I’m with you there, no arguments to us adding another player as well as Barkhuizen, but I don’t see that he needs replacing. Contributed goals and assists in league one, has played plenty of games in the champ, has a good understanding with NML, and seems to have a bit of nous about him in the final third. 
Are there better players out there? For sure. Is Barkhuizen a decent squad option for this season? I think he is. 

14 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

I like Barkz. At least you know in the first 5 minutes whether he’s on it or not!! He’s one of the more technical wide players we have 

54 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Good to hear, though I actually felt Barks was much more impressive in pre-season last year than the actual season! I would have no qualms over him moving on if an offer comes in.