Carabao Cup

44 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Can't remember how many were in attendance for last seasons first round against Blackpool but it was a poor turn out.  If Chesterfield sell their full allocation will us loyal few that attends the early rounds of the Carabao Cup be out numbered by the away fans?

No.

22 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Didn’t we let West Ham have 5,000 the season before last , for a cup game .  Great opportunity to bring in much needed funds. Bet they can drink as well 😵‍💫.

Chesterfield brought 5000 or so for the FA Cup game at Derby back in 2015 or so. I remember there were a few moans from ST holders in the East Stand had to be shifted. However there was 30,000 there that day. They do travel in big numbers for these type of games and the last few away FA cup games at Championship clubs have sold out before they reached general sale. However, I would be surprised if they sold many more than 3000 for a League Cup first round game but you never know. 

1 hour ago, dlb said:

Chesterfield brought 5000 or so for the FA Cup game at Derby back in 2015 or so. I remember there were a few moans from ST holders in the East Stand had to be shifted. However there was 30,000 there that day. They do travel in big numbers for these type of games and the last few away FA cup games at Championship clubs have sold out before they reached general sale. However, I would be surprised if they sold many more than 3000 for a League Cup first round game but you never know. 

I was one of those in the East stand that had to slum it in the West stand watching Albentosa struggle through 45 minutes of football 😳

4 hours ago, dlb said:

They do seem to turn up in big numbers to be fair to them. Their attendances for their friendlies so far weren’t far off what they were getting in league last year.

It’s also their first big (in terms of opposition and ground, not completion) away day since getting back into the league in addition to school holidays and not too far to travel, which might lead to them to bringing more than we’d expect.

21 hours ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

They do seem to turn up in big numbers to be fair to them. Their attendances for their friendlies so far weren’t far off what they were getting in league last year.

It’s also their first big (in terms of opposition and ground, not completion) away day since getting back into the league in addition to school holidays and not too far to travel, which might lead to them to bringing more than we’d expect.

To be fair to them, last season they averaged just shy of 8000 and that is with away followings generally less 200. The friendlies against Forest and Sheffield attracted similar attendances but that was with 3000+ away fans. I'm going tomorrow but I'd be surprised if there is much more than 3000 home fans and Derby don't seem to be shifting too many either at the moment.

It looks like we have given them the maximum we could in the corner including the normal sterile areas in the East and South stands.

Obviously there will be no home fans in the South stand.

• 3 weeks later...

We could really do with a clean sheet V Chesterfield. Perhaps Sonny B will come in and Fozzy from the start . Our 3 defensive midfield players must protect the defence better . All of them will want to stake a place for the big one V Middlesborough

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We could really do with a clean sheet V Chesterfield. Perhaps Sonny B will come in and Fozzy from the start . Our 3 defensive midfield players must protect the defence better . All of them will want to stake a place for the big one V Middlesborough

Not just a clean sheet, but a good performance topped off with a win in regular time. We need to try and make winning or being hard to beat a habit, similar to the 20/21 season where it was never over until the final whistle.

Just now, Curtains said:

Where is Barrow !

Bottom of Lake District. Is a mare to get to, as you have to go up to bottom of Lake Windermere and double back. 

When I visited there was hardly anywhere in town to stay, either. Folks were really friendly, though.