Daniel Iversen

I think this one’s becoming a bit obvious that it won’t happen. All reports suggesting it’d be a very expensive signing through wages, loan fee or even to buy. I’d say Iversen is happy to play back up for a year and get a nice premier league wage and then find a club as a free agent next summer. I just hope we don’t get stuck on him and end up having to scramble for a goalie in the last week of the window. If it does happen though we will have a very good goalie, I just hope we haven’t blown the budget on it.

One of those transfers where the money involved completely changes your perspective of a player

It seemed very exciting (and honestly too good to be true) when it looked like we were getting him on a cut price loan to buy deal due to Leicesters FFP/PSR issues, after being a bit worried we were saying goodbye to Wildsmith, it suddenly looked like we were getting a much better keeper in relatively easily

Now that we’re going to have to potentially pay actual market value for him, it’s not as appetising. He’s done very well in the Championship previously but considering the needs across the team, you can’t help but resent spending what might be a big chunk of our budget on a keeper we were supposedly getting for far less a few weeks ago.

I still think he would be an outstanding signing but it may just come at a higher price.

I’d rather we signed the Swedish lad but that is exclusively because he wears the rugby scrum cap.

58 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

One of those transfers where the money involved completely changes your perspective of a player

It seemed very exciting (and honestly too good to be true) when it looked like we were getting him on a cut price loan to buy deal due to Leicesters FFP/PSR issues, after being a bit worried we were saying goodbye to Wildsmith, it suddenly looked like we were getting a much better keeper in relatively easily

Now that we’re going to have to potentially pay actual market value for him, it’s not as appetising. He’s done very well in the Championship previously but considering the needs across the team, you can’t help but resent spending what might be a big chunk of our budget on a keeper we were supposedly getting for far less a few weeks ago.

I still think he would be an outstanding signing but it may just come at a higher price.

I’d rather we signed the Swedish lad but that is exclusively because he wears the rugby scrum cap.

Totally understand what you mean, but I think the biggest gap we now have is needing a Championship goalkeeper. Rodak apparently also has high wage demands and honestly if there is any position we can justify splashing out on, it's a goalkeeper.

If the window ended tonight and we could only sign for one more position, where else would it be than GK?

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Totally understand what you mean, but I think the biggest gap we now have is needing a Championship goalkeeper. Rodak apparently also has high wage demands and honestly if there is any position we can justify splashing out on, it's a goalkeeper.

If the window ended tonight and we could only sign for one more position, where else would it be than GK?

Yep the great BC knew the value of getting the best goalkeeper he could in a team , even stretching the budget to do it 

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Genuine question, because I can’t recall much really, what goalkeepers have we bought in the past? Seems like they’re nearly always frees or loans we get. Have we got to go all the way back to like Fielding? Or was he free as well?!

For what its worth, I think the keeper Warne was referring to is Iversen.

I think the complication is the changes in the agreed wage amounts in the loan deal, impacted upon by their promotion. 

He's also the only keeper that John Percy has mentioned we are looking at, and I still think he's the best and most reliable source for transfer news.

44 minutes ago, Srg said:

Genuine question, because I can’t recall much really, what goalkeepers have we bought in the past? Seems like they’re nearly always frees or loans we get. Have we got to go all the way back to like Fielding? Or was he free as well?!

Carson, marshall for small fees from Wigan. 

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

For what its worth, I think the keeper Warne was referring to is Iversen.

I think the complication is the changes in the agreed wage amounts in the loan deal, impacted upon by their promotion. 

He's also the only keeper that John Percy has mentioned we are looking at, and I still think he's the best and most reliable source for transfer news.

It's just with Warne saying the challenge will become obvious when the keeper actually signs.

Wages and/or transfer fee won't really be revealed to fans as I'm sure it would be all undisclosed so it won't be obvious to us.

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's just with Warne saying the challenge will become obvious when the keeper actually signs.

Wages and/or transfer fee won't really be revealed to fans as I'm sure it would be all undisclosed so it won't be obvious to us.

Unless it's a loan with an agreed fee at the end of the season, perhaps?

I'm not sure. Just my gut feeling says its Iversen based on all the info we've had so far.

Don't think we should be held to ransom and we should look elsewhere for a freebie or a loan. Still lots of premier league signings to be done yet including a few new goalies I bet. 

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Pretty sure this piece, claiming he's signed and quoting Warne about it, was written by an AI and isn't to be taken seriously. But posting just in case... 

https://footballchamp.com.ng/2024/07/21/deal-donederby-county-secure-daniel-iversen-as-new-goalkeeper-the-shot-stopper-is-very/

Not the first AI written article about Derby.

Last week it was the Forsyth had been sacked article.

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not the first AI written article about Derby.

Last week it was the Forsyth had been sacked article.

I just asked for one and a couple of seconds later received this:

Derby County Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of goalkeeper Daniel Iversen on a permanent deal from Leicester City for an undisclosed fee.

The 26-year-old Danish shot-stopper has put pen to paper on a four-year contract with the Rams, bolstering their goalkeeping options as they push for promotion from the Championship.

Iversen, who impressed during loan spells at Preston North End and Leicester City, brings valuable experience to Pride Park.

Derby County manager Paul Warne expressed his excitement about the new addition: "Daniel is a top-class keeper who we've been tracking for some time. His shot-stopping ability and command of the area will be a huge asset for us."

Warne added, "He's at a great age for a goalkeeper and has his best years ahead of him. I'm confident he'll play a key role as we aim to return to the Premier League."

Iversen is expected to join up with his new teammates immediately and could make his debut in Derby's upcoming fixture against Blackburn Rovers.