Lewis Dobbin

Day

Dobbin had great pace and could beat a full back at will. Bit more end product, which he can develop over time, and you could see why a team might take a chance.

On 21/06/2024 at 09:45, TuffLuff said:

Villa mate was asking me about Dobbin and reckons the transfer is mainly to help with PSR. I stared blankly before asking if it was anything do with amortisation, he stared blankly back. We both finished our drinks and left.

Guaranteed PSR, both Everton and Villa are rumoured to need to sell before the June 30th cut off 

Basically when you sell a player, you put all of that money in your accounts immediately (both academy players so 100% profit), but when you buy a player you spread the money across multiple years. So if these 2 basically do a swap, both will make profit on it this year 

I hope that this loophole is looked at and any offending clubs are dealt with in the same way we are.

Football finance these days is like watching Ozark or Better Call Saul

12 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Football was much more fun when it was mostly about the game on the pitch

On this, it’s why the Euros have been an absolute joy, England aside. Just 24 passionate nations going at it. High-quality but not rigidly tactical games. No FFP arguments. Proper supporters descending on Germany.

It’s football in its purest form.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

On this, it’s why the Euros have been an absolute joy, England aside. Just 24 passionate nations going at it. High-quality but not rigidly tactical games. No FFP arguments. Proper supporters descending on Germany.

It’s football in its purest form.

Apart from the format. 24 teams in 6 groups. Finish third and it's still difficult not to progress. Why can't they do 8 groups of 4 and only the top two go through to the knockout stage?

On 22/06/2024 at 22:34, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I still can’t over the fact Dobbin and Osula got premiership appearances under their belt. They were barely good enough for L1 never mind a 9M fee. I must pay more attention at the game or was watching somebody else.

It's not a £9 million fee for Dobbin?

On 22/06/2024 at 22:34, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

They were barely good enough for L1

Osula perhaps but League One defences couldn't handle Dobbin's pace and close control on the turn. He made intelligent runs on and off the ball, much of his build-up play was Championship standard.

...but of course, after that, let's not talk about it.

29 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Osula perhaps but League One defences couldn't handle Dobbin's pace and close control on the turn. He made intelligent runs on and off the ball, much of his build-up play was Championship standard.

...but of course, after that, let's not talk about it.

In the same position, let’s take Johnny Russell who was a decent championship standard, not much more than that Between Dobbin and Johnny R which one would you rather have?

I am always happy to give young players a chance and the benefit of the doubt but I just couldn’t and still can’t see it.

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby