Karamoko Dembele

RamLad1884

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He has some nice touches but he does seem to get tagged by defenders whether legally or illegally.

NML manages to shrug off defenders in similar situations using his pace and power.

If he hits the gym with Cash and NML he'll be sweet 

18 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He has some nice touches but he does seem to get tagged by defenders whether legally or illegally.

NML manages to shrug off defenders in similar situations using his pace and power.

I think having a player like Dembele in our team is more welcome than it is not.

You need a good balance between having big, strong, athletic types and players that rely more on their technique, vision and speed of movement and thought.

OK, in a physical battle, he might be overwhelmed and perhaps there will be games where he goes missing. But by the same token, there will be games where he runs teams ragged and is a constant danger.

With this kind of player, you take the rough with the smooth because these kinds of players can and will change games, especially by attracting defenders and drawing fouls, they can create time, space and opportunity for other players.

51 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think having a player like Dembele in our team is more welcome than it is not.

You need a good balance between having big, strong, athletic types and players that rely more on their technique, vision and speed of movement and thought.

OK, in a physical battle, he might be overwhelmed and perhaps there will be games where he goes missing. But by the same token, there will be games where he runs teams ragged and is a constant danger.

With this kind of player, you take the rough with the smooth because these kinds of players can and will change games, especially by attracting defenders and drawing fouls, they can create time, space and opportunity for other players.

Yes, agree. We got a blend back with Adams .. you saw Bird looking like the player we knew he was. Birdy had too much to think about when playing with Hourihan. That’s no slight on the skipper .. it was just about a team having the right mix of strengths and they didn’t blend very well. 

5 minutes ago, RamInSweden said:

Where are all these wingers going to play in Warnes 3-5-2

New 

Wilson Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder 

Adams New 

NML New Dembele 

Subs Vickers Ward Fozzy Bradley Thompson Rooney Barks Sibley Washington Brown CBT ( 11 allowed ) 

Assumes Fornah Collins & Sibley move on

Edited by Magicman

25 minutes ago, Magicman said:

New 

Adams New 

NML New Dembele 

Subs Vickers Ward Fozzy Bradley Thompson Rooney Barks Sibley Washington Brown CBT ( 11 allowed ) 

I know we have done it before, but I can’t see us playing wing backs and wingers at the same time as a long term thing.

4 minutes ago, RamInSweden said:

I know we have done it before, but I can’t see us playing wing backs and wingers at the same time as a long term thing.

Its Warne favourite set up though. 

New 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder 

Wilson Adams New 

NML New Dembele 

Edited by Magicman

48 minutes ago, Magicman said:

New 

Adams New 

NML New Dembele 

This is completely mental and I love it. Proper gung ho! I'd still like to see us play more often in a 4-3-3 or a variant thereof, though our end of season results with a 3 at the back were excellent, so I might be waiting a while.

42 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Obligatory highlights video. I really like the look of him. Reminds of of Ebiowei, very skillful, pacey and low centre of gravity. Warnes always said he likes players that will attack and take others on!

Highlights always need to be taken with a pinch of salt but that was interesting.

My takeaways from that are:

Quick feet with good control, hungry and eager. All positive as you’d expect from “highlights”

The interesting bit for me is that he has 3 things that will be hugely beneficial. .. He knows when to release the ball, knows how to “win” a free kick and he can finish. Like it a lot

The bit you didn’t see much of was what he does without the ball, (tackling, running off the ball) inevitably because it’s “highlights” … but exciting all the same. 

Thanks @Fraser_23

1 hour ago, Fraser_23 said:

Obligatory highlights video. I really like the look of him. Reminds of of Ebiowei, very skillful, pacey and low centre of gravity. Warnes always said he likes players that will attack and take others on!

BRB just gonna get way too over excited about a loose link.