Transfer rumours

8 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Why will they likely offer more than us? How are they in a position to so? 

Because they’ve already spent an absolute fortune. PSR rules aren’t in play in league one. Their owners are loaded. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

So the only place you can't spend money like water in football is the Championship? Unless you've parachute payments that is.

Premier League

1 hour ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

I think we’ll sign him tbh if he wants a championship move. 

GK- Swedish guy 

10- Dembele 

CB/ LB - ?

CF ? 

I still think Warne might go for Smith too! 

I think the remaining targets are more like:

GK (Zetterstrom)

CB/RCB

LB/LWB

8/10

7/10 (Dembele)

CF

49 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I didn’t say Brest were being awkward, just that they are part of the conversation when it comes to the transfer of their player. I’m suggesting maybe counting to 10 and being objective rather than implying the player himself is playing games and messing people around. 

Both clubs, the player, their family, and their agents all have to align for a transfer to happen. Suggesting Dembele is somehow messing everyone around when we’re not fully informed on the situation strikes me as jumping to conclusions.

I understand all that but I just can’t get my head around why it’s taking so long. 

I doubt AC Milan are going to come out of the woodwork and offer him a deal. I imagine that whatever’s on the table now is basically what he’s going to get. 

When I say the player maybe I’m being unfair as really it’s probably his agent. But either way it’s dragging on for far too long IMO. 

49 minutes ago, Srg said:

Because they’ve already spent an absolute fortune. PSR rules aren’t in play in league one. Their owners are loaded. 

Does PSR not catch up with them when theyre back in the champ ? I dont really understand it. Regardless of who they sign this season, they will still need to spend a fair whack on transfers if they want to achieve their ambition of getting into the prem within the next 3 seasons. Does the money they spend in league 1 count towards PSR when they are in the champ ?

22 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I understand all that but I just can’t get my head around why it’s taking so long. 

I doubt AC Milan are going to come out of the woodwork and offer him a deal. I imagine that whatever’s on the table now is basically what he’s going to get. 

When I say the player maybe I’m being unfair as really it’s probably his agent. But either way it’s dragging on for far too long IMO. 

It could just as easily be us that have taken our time. Here’s a hypothetical scenario;

- earlier in the summer we sound out Dembele and Brest about a transfer with an enquiry

- Brest say they’re receptive to letting him leave

- Dembele and his agent say they’d be interested in a transfer depending on factors like the contract, his role in the team, other teams being interested

- we say ok, we’re still working on our lists and budget but we are interested and go away to focus on the deals we’ve done up to this point and explore other avenues also.

- all parties are content to wait.

- during this time agents and people in football talk a little giving Witcoop and Nixon their “scoops” that we hold an interest.

- that’s the lay of the land.

Not necessarily the truth but as entirely feasible as “we’ve tried to sign him and he’s left us waiting around cause he’s a wrong un”. 
We have a squad together to start the season, with intent and time to add more players before the deadline. The season isn’t over in September, I think there’s a need for a little bit more of the patience shown so far, if the deadline passes and we haven’t added to the good business so far that’s when we should maybe worry…and even then there’s a window in January. 

37 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It could just as easily be us that have taken our time. Here’s a hypothetical scenario;

- earlier in the summer we sound out Dembele and Brest about a transfer with an enquiry

- Brest say they’re receptive to letting him leave

- Dembele and his agent say they’d be interested in a transfer depending on factors like the contract, his role in the team, other teams being interested

- we say ok, we’re still working on our lists and budget but we are interested and go away to focus on the deals we’ve done up to this point and explore other avenues also.

- all parties are content to wait.

- during this time agents and people in football talk a little giving Witcoop and Nixon their “scoops” that we hold an interest.

- that’s the lay of the land.

Not necessarily the truth but as entirely feasible as “we’ve tried to sign him and he’s left us waiting around cause he’s a wrong un”. 
We have a squad together to start the season, with intent and time to add more players before the deadline. The season isn’t over in September, I think there’s a need for a little bit more of the patience shown so far, if the deadline passes and we haven’t added to the good business so far that’s when we should maybe worry…and even then there’s a window in January. 

And just to highlight and to add to the particular point about Brest they are in a bit of weird scenario where they qualified for the champions league where half their starting XI were loan players and on a very tight budget. I can imagine as they played Dembele yesterday in a friendly against Juventus they are looking at who they currently have and how they can maintain their position somewhat in the league next year without getting dragged into buying champions league budget players and bite off more than they can chew.

Honestly I think at this stage, JWZ/Dembele/Smith would make us competitive at this level. 

Agree with what Warne has said about defence, no reason to bring someone in unless it’s better than what we have (and at this stage I think I would struggle to name a better defender without breaking the bank) 

Midfield has really good depth, we are just missing that flair player in there. 

Attack looks pretty well built, unless there is a hidden gem somewhere than a proper out and out number 9 would probably finish off this team. 

I think Smith would provide something different to Yates and they would operate together well in a two (when needed). I can't see Wednesday wanting to let him go to a rival through.

7 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Really starting to lose patience with Dembele. I get wanting to get the best deal possible, but waiting all window for an extra couple of grand is pretty poor IMO.

Either sign or don’t.

If you were in his position you'd do exactly the same - if you didn't then you wouldn't be doing all you could for your family.

19 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Why Hull?

They’ve lost there left sided centre back in Greaves and have a lot of money to spend after getting over 30 million in player sales. They’re also actively trying to get wigans Charlie Hughes who’s very similar to Cashin.

33 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

They’ve lost there left sided centre back in Greaves and have a lot of money to spend after getting over 30 million in player sales. They’re also actively trying to get wigans Charlie Hughes who’s very similar to Cashin.

33 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Haven't they lost nearly all their goalscorers from last season and will be spending most of their budget on replacing that part of the squad?