Worst Refereeing decision for and against Derby.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I still don't know how their fullback Coatsworth survived more than 30 minutes.  He should have 2 reds in that period as Johnson tore him a new one.  He was the worst defender i've seen. 

It was obvious from the first time he chopped Tommy down we weren't going to get decisions that day. 

Worst in our favour. Would probably go with the pen against Rotherham that famous rainy Friday night but not complaining because we had a few go against us that season as well - Chesterfield’s last gasp winner at Saltergate for one. Ernie Moss practically had Mark Wellington pinned against the upright.

But worst against? I’ve got 2 level peggers. Attwell v Florist. There wasn’t a florist player within several feet of Miles Addison. How Attwell could blow for a foul will be one of the great mysteries of our time. Even Attwell probably winces at it now. The other is v Liverpool at Anfield and the over the top challenge that saw Stefano Eranio stretchered off with a broken leg. Disgraceful challenge and should have been a straight red. I was so incensed I can’t even remember who the offending player was. Even the Liverpool lot took a collective intake of breath at that challenge. But referee Uriah Rennie casually (and arrogantly) waved play on. Not even a free-kick, never mind a booking or sending off. Jim Smith got a touchline ban off the back of it as he was so incensed by Rennie’s incompetence. All Rennie said after the game was “I didn’t see it in the same way as Derby’s manager”. He was the only one in the ground who didn’t. Go figure. 

20 hours ago, Earl of Tupton said:

Worst in our favour. Would probably go with the pen against Rotherham that famous rainy Friday night but not complaining because we had a few go against us that season as well - Chesterfield’s last gasp winner at Saltergate for one. Ernie Moss practically had Mark Wellington pinned against the upright.

But worst against? I’ve got 2 level peggers. Attwell v Florist. There wasn’t a florist player within several feet of Miles Addison. How Attwell could blow for a foul will be one of the great mysteries of our time. Even Attwell probably winces at it now. The other is v Liverpool at Anfield and the over the top challenge that saw Stefano Eranio stretchered off with a broken leg. Disgraceful challenge and should have been a straight red. I was so incensed I can’t even remember who the offending player was. Even the Liverpool lot took a collective intake of breath at that challenge. But referee Uriah Rennie casually (and arrogantly) waved play on. Not even a free-kick, never mind a booking or sending off. Jim Smith got a touchline ban off the back of it as he was so incensed by Rennie’s incompetence. All Rennie said after the game was “I didn’t see it in the same way as Derby’s manager”. He was the only one in the ground who didn’t. Go figure. 

Was at that game mate, awful challenge, Sami Hyypia was the culprit

For, Rotherham penalty at home...😂

Against, Atwell when he decided to take the opportunity of reffing Derby County V Notts Forest 😁

2-2 against Man Utd, Malcom Christie scoring a goal when the united keeper Barthez didn't have the ball in his hands...ref disallowed it, Then sent off Stefan Schnoor after G Neville went waving his hand in the refs face, Also the Ref asked for Neville's shirt...he got it, His explanation...it was to be sold to charity, When the charity draw was made...guess who had the winning ticket...yes the Ref 😉

Forget the refs name...but a Gold star if anyone can remember...surname began with "B"...I think, Not Blind or Barsteward 😁  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Against, Atwell when he decided to take the opportunity of reffing Derby County V Notts Forest 😁

2-2 against Man Utd, Malcom Christie scoring a goal when the united keeper Barthez didn't have the ball in his hands...ref disallowed it, Then sent off Stefan Schnoor after G Neville went waving his hand in the refs face, Also the Ref asked for Neville's shirt...he got it, His explanation...it was to be sold to charity, When the charity draw was made...guess who had the winning ticket...yes the Ref 😉

Forget the refs name...but a Gold star if anyone can remember...surname began with "B"...I think, Not Blind or Barsteward 😁  

I was sure it was 3-3 draw for the Malcolm Christie game but a quick google says I was wrong . Don’t think Barthez could believe his luck when the whistle blew  

@Ram-Alf

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Added a bit

Posted (edited)

Worst without any doubt was the cheating German referee against Juventus in European Cup Semi-Final in Turin who took a bribe from the Italians and they then tried to cheat the Portuguese referee at the Baseball Ground who didn't take the bribe. 

Edited by ziggyram59

8 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Was at that game mate, awful challenge, Sami Hyypia was the culprit

That’s him. Remember now. Disgraceful challenge. Equally disgraceful decision. I’ve never been so incensed as I was that day. If it had been the other way around I’m pretty sure Rennie wouldn’t have been able to get the card out quick enough. 

18 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Worst without any doubt was the cheating German referee against Juventus in European Cup Semi-Final in Turin who took a bribe from the Italians and they then tried to cheat the Portuguese referee at the Baseball Ground who didn't take the bribe. 

I'm pretty sure that a couple of decades later it was found that the ref had taken a bribe 🤷‍♂️, Helmut Haller who played for Juventus came from the same village/town that the ref came from.

Peter Taylor went into the refs changing room at half time to give him a talking too as his performance was sh!t, Helmut Haller was in there 😡, Juventus the kings of bribery 🙄

1 minute ago, Ram-Alf said:

I'm pretty sure that a couple of decades later it was found that the ref had taken a bribe 🤷‍♂️, Helmut Haller who played for Juventus came from the same village/town that the ref came from.

Peter Taylor went into the refs changing room at half time to give him a talking too as his performance was sh!t, Helmut Haller was in there 😡, Juventus the kings of bribery 🙄

Yes it's been proved time and time again, they got stripped of there Italians league champions through bribing and cheating but still there allowed to play football it's scandalous. 

20 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Ref was Steve Dunn mate, deffo barsteward

58 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Yes it's been proved time and time again, they got stripped of there Italians league champions through bribing and cheating but still there allowed to play football it's scandalous. 

Juventus.  The only team who'd purchase a player still banned for dodgy betting. 

Disgraceful club. 

On 05/06/2024 at 17:35, Earl of Tupton said:

Yeah, i was there that day. It was like he didnt care that Eranio's leg was broken. Complete and utter t***** of  a ref,