Viktor Johansson - gone to Stoke

Is there any possibility we are going to get this guy? 
Everything seems to point to him going to Stoke and possibly Iversen coming to us yet there’s no thread for him.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

'Fair Market Value' is a hot potato though. There's also the moral angle regarding sponsorship by betting companies. It's currently legal, but should it be?

I don't get the point about transfer fees though. The restrictions are there to prevent teams gaining an unfair advantage by scooping up all of the talent, something that Stoke were engaging in when they first got relegated. By exploiting loopholes, they've so far avoided being punished for overspending and I don't see the EFL pursuing them with the same vigor that they applied to us, which doesn't seem right.

Stoke sold their ground and training ground to themselves one month before the EFL closed that loophole.

I wonder if they were tipped off that was going to happen 🤔

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

How? A transaction is two ways so when one club spends another receives. It creates a more active, thriving transfer market. 

Wages need to be regulated, of course, but where one UK business is purchasing an intangible asset from another, theoretically there is no sporting advantage as one has gained an asset, but another monetary value. 

i) Good luck with that - it's the last thing the PFA will accept.

ii) What about the advantage gained by the club with the signings over other clubs? You can't justify it on the assumption that all the signings will be failures.

22 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Stoke sold their ground and training ground to themselves one month before the EFL closed that loophole.

I wonder if they were tipped off that was going to happen 🤔

Wasn't their CEO on the EFL Board at the time? 

48 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Is there any possibility we are going to get this guy? 
Everything seems to point to him going to Stoke and possibly Iversen coming to us yet there’s no thread for him.

The Iversen links are all from our own posters claiming to be in the know aren’t they? Not seen anything from a media source as yet, which typically means no thread until there is a “reputable” link 

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The Iversen links are all from our own posters claiming to be in the know aren’t they? Not seen anything from a media source as yet, which typically means no thread until there is a “reputable” link 

I gave out the Iversen info, and as you say there’s no media links.  I have zero ITK usually, all I’ll say on this one is it’s about as reliable as it gets.  

Same source also told me we are NOT interested in Johannson.

9 minutes ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

I gave out the Iversen info, and as you say there’s no media links.  I have zero ITK usually, all I’ll say on this one is it’s about as reliable as it gets.  

Same source also told me we are NOT interested in Johannson.

Sorry, my point wasn’t to question the reliability of yourself, your source, or others saying we’re in for him, just pointing out that a transfer thread is normally only started when there’s a “reputable” media link. 
The way our business has been since Warne took over the forum ITK’s are potentially more reliable than the media links that crop up linking us to all and sundry! 

35 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Sorry, my point wasn’t to question the reliability of yourself, your source, or others saying we’re in for him, just pointing out that a transfer thread is normally only started when there’s a “reputable” media link. 
The way our business has been since Warne took over the forum ITK’s are potentially more reliable than the media links that crop up linking us to all and sundry! 

slightly crossed wires, I wasn’t questioning you questioning me (or others), more supporting the reasoning  you gave for it not appearing as a standalone rumour.

Reading my post it does look like I’ve been a bit defensive 😄

Right decision to move on. He clearly had some great leadership qualities and never sulked when Warne finally dropped him. Played his part, probably for a little too long like! Top bloke and wish him well.