Away tickets 24/25

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

In all fairness mate it doesnt matter. We are still charging fans £37 for a game of football.

£35, £37, £40 it is all ridiculous.

Nothing should be over £30.

The next away game at Sheffield United will be £38 or £41 depending whether it’s classed as A or A+.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

£2.50 for the ticket to be posted with a £1 postage stamp cost.

Ridiculous.

Fans are being exploited.

I certainly won't be hitting 15 away games this season, be lucky to do 10. Not bothered with Blackburn as its on Sky.

First class stamp is £1.35 + envelope.

48 minutes ago, Carnero said:

+ somebody in admin dept to do it

I'd argue the £1 booking fee covers that.

However - it made me just check the cost of stamps over the last two years....

2022 Jan - £0.85
2022 April - £0.95
2023 April - £1.10
2023 Oct - £1.25
2024 April - £1.35

Jesus Christ. In 2.5 Years it has gone up 59%. 

This country is shambolic.

Please someone develop an App for away tickets as well.

Edited by rammieib

13 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

That’s not going to happen, but if we sell 4,000 for a trip on a Friday night when lots of people are on holiday and it’s live on SKY that will be some achievement.

Yeah 4k on a Friday night for a 4 hour round trip is a very good following.

They wouldn't even give us anymore now even if we did sell the last few tickets.

4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

That covers the software and hosting of the ticket site. Same as booking fees from See, Ticketmaster etc. 

I'd like to think that maybe, just maybe, the club doens't try and screw fans for money at every last corner.

The 5% back then that you get for away ticket sales could cover the costs of organising/hosting it etc.

My point is - you go into the Ticket Office - you don't pay these fee's..... The cost of the staff is a business overhead, so when buying tickets online, why should we pay more?

17 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The cost of the staff is a business overhead, so when buying tickets online, why should we pay more?

Because the company who provides the ticketing platform provide a service and they're usually the ones who take the £1 per transaction. From selling tickets previously myself for events in a past life, I didn't pay to use the service but everyone who bought a ticket would pay a transaction fee which covers the card payment processing fees and the hosting.

I don't think the club are out there fleecing fans on a quid tbh or even getting any of that £1 themselves.