Rams TV

44 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

A little bird has told me that changes to things at DCFC have resulted in "quick trips abroad to one of the unsold markets" no longer being of use to those wishing to see games. 

If that's the case then they will lose a sizable % of remaining subscribers, thus making it even less likely to make business sense...why does it matter if you happen to be home or away? Why not allow a choice between SKY and the clubs own streaming service? The  SKY TV deal is just creating a protected monopoly, stifling excellent content from the clubs own in house service. How can that be good for football?

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

12 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

If that's the case then they will lose a sizable % of remaining subscribers, thus making it even less likely to make business sense...why does it matter if you happen to be home or away? Why not allow a choice between SKY and the clubs own streaming service? The  SKY TV deal is just creating a protected monopoly, stifling excellent content from the clubs own in house service. How can that be good for football?

This is what sky would want with the tv deal. They’re only interested in how they can make money and forcing fans to subscribe to them instead of purchasing their clubs offerings would do that. I hope if rams tv aren’t able to show games, they are able to produce a show covering the upcoming games and reviewing previous games.

sadly, when the deal was first announced I thought that it would be the end to rams tv and other clubs’ own media.

33 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I was talking VPN, something that was always against the rules, if that wasn't clear. 

11 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

I've not purchased the match yet as I might be going to watch it at a pub with mates but I'm just back from a quick trip to Spain and it looked like i could buy it on ramstv from there.

I've got a RamsTV subscription. I live in the Netherlands. In the Netherlands Ziggo has paid for EFL rights. The game is NOT being broadcast on any of their 6 channels. I may only receive the audio, not the video. I tried using a Romanian IP address, no Romanian broadcaster has the rights. Audio only. Tried Spain, audio only.

EFL and international broadcasters ruining everything as per - on TV in UK but not in Oz. I imagine it'll be like this all season where games on sky sports+ won't be available internationally and won't be available on RamsTV either.

33 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I've got a RamsTV subscription. I live in the Netherlands. In the Netherlands Ziggo has paid for EFL rights. The game is NOT being broadcast on any of their 6 channels. I may only receive the audio, not the video. I tried using a Romanian IP address, no Romanian broadcaster has the rights. Audio only. Tried Spain, audio only.

I think I'm far less knowledgeable than others on this but I've just been to Spain again and it offers me both video and audio and Singapore is the same too - could things be different living in the Netherlands than in England? The other thing that springs to mind is that when I started 'going abroad' for matches I was told that if you logged on to the dcfc website before getting to your country of choice then it wouldn't work as you have to appear to be in that country before logging on to the dcfc website - could that be your problem? Fingers crossed you manage to get it sorted 🤞

Edited by Ilkestonian

4 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

I think I'm far less knowledgeable than others on this but I've just been to Spain again and it offers me both video and audio and Singapore is the same too - could things be different living in the Netherlands than in England? The other thing that springs to mind is that when I started 'going abroad' for matches I was told that if you logged on to the dcfc website before getting to your country of choice then it wouldn't work as you have to appear to be in that country before logging on to the dcfc website - could that be your problem? Fingers crossed you manage to get it sorted 🤞

I do travel before logging in. It's a "sticky" issue but I do have the solution 😉

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Same in Germany, DAZN have the rights but can't be bothered showing the game. If people do go further abroad before logging in, I suppose the worst that can happen is that they get banned, which saves them the bother of cancelling their subscription. 

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2024/08/ramstv-202425-season-streaming-details

It's a real shame that Sky won't let teams boost their own finances by streaming over the top of the Sky coverage.

Booking a few holidays in now...

Belgium, Germany, Italy and Spain will be very easy for most people to get to. Flights to Austria, Greece, Poland, Singapore and Switzerland are often available too.

2 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Because if they did that some would choose teams streaming and others Sky.  Sky do want to create a monopoly, or a "walled garden", as they call it in their financial statements.  Sky pay top dollar for rights that they can sell and develop captive audiences.  The clubs get far far far far more from Sky than they could dream to acheive themselves. 

Streaming does not work at the levels we are talking about because you cannot beat the economics of aggregation.  You either need mass streaming (i.e. Netflix) or aggregated services which Sky offer. 

Remember, though, for your Sky sub you get F1, cricket, PL, golf, tennis etc; with bundled internet, phone etc.  Rams TV would likely need to cost more than a Sky sub and would have none of those things.  

Edited by CBX1985

8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2024/08/ramstv-202425-season-streaming-details

It's a real shame that Sky won't let teams boost their own finances by streaming over the top of the Sky coverage.

At least some overseas fans can use rams tv.

Luckily for me i live in Pyongyang and have the odd holiday to Papua New Guinea.

Edited by Chesterfield_Ram

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Booking a few holidays in now...

Belgium, Germany, Italy and Spain will be very easy for most people to get to. Flights to Austria, Greece, Poland, Singapore and Switzerland are often available too.

What about Albania, just a ferry ride from Corfu? #COYR

1 hour ago, eddielewis said:

The more broadcasting barriers they put in front of fans the more they push them into pirating it 

Sky want people to subscribe.  They do not care whether someone pays Rams TV or watches on a dodgy stream; all they want is for as many people to subscribe to their service.  Rams TV is higher quality than a stream, so they probably prefer people watching on dodgy site as more likely to have issues, get frustrated and ultimately bite the bullet and pay.