Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

17 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I know Warne mentioned we could have a midfielder in 48 hours. So I'm surprised he wasn't asked by Radio Derby if it was any closer to being done.

Also surprised that he didn't get asked about Wilson and what he had done? Or did I miss that?

He got by ramstv about Wilson, said he was tight in training on Thurs, loosened up on Fri so risked him & he tightened up again so hopefully precautionary

40 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think id take any of these 4....

Screenshot_20240818_173619_X.jpg

Ladapo went to Charlton on loan last year, he won’t be Championship quality. Stansfield wont be going on loan. Would take the other two for sure. 

18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If we're still after a No.10 I think we should go and get that Adam Phillips from Barnsley. 

I know he's more of an attacking 8, but every time I've seen him play he looks absolutely class and he scores goals, too.

I also would really like us to see us sign at least two defenders before the window shuts. 

We would need to be able to offer more than a bag of Maltesers and some pocket lint. 

4 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think id take any of these 4....

Screenshot_20240818_173619_X.jpg

Stansfield came off the bench for Fulham vs Man Utd. It's doubtful they sign someone to replace him in their squad.

Cannon has massive injury concerns against him as well as an exceptionally large wage packet.

Jebbison is unproven outside of half a season at Burton in L1.

Ladapo was turd for Charlton in L1

1 minute ago, Antonedcfc said:

Aaron Connolly still a free agent, could boost our none existent strike force 😅

Bloke is a bit of a throbber by all accounts, and is tiny so definitely isn’t what Warne is after. 

42 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Dibling. Promising young striker at Southampton. Came on as sub yesterday but will be down the pecking order when others are fit. Highly thought of but is at the age where he needs games.

Sekou Mara wasn't even in the squad. He'd be high in my loan priority list. 6 goals and 2 assists in 1009 mins across all competitions last season.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sekou Mara wasn't even in the squad. He'd be high in my loan priority list. 6 goals and 2 assists in 1009 mins across all competitions last season.

Nah. As I say, living down here with a Saints supporting son, I've seen a fair bit of Mara and I've not been that impressed. Besides, they're in the throes of selling him to a club in his native France and that's why he wasn't included (edit: looked it up: Strasbourg). 

I'd put Dibling in the same category as Ozoh - great potential but needs game time before playing in a Premier team.

Edited by IslandExile
Mara to Strasbourg

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Dibling. Promising young striker at Southampton. Came on as sub yesterday but will be down the pecking order when others are fit. Highly thought of but is at the age where he needs games.

Dibling is a good player but he’s a midfielder or a winger not a striker. 

9 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Dibling is a good player but he’s a midfielder or a winger not a striker. 

Perhaps you're right, looking at his profile. I was basing it on him playing up front in their pre-season friendlies - or the bits I saw on my kid's iPad. Apologies.

Edited by IslandExile
Apologies

I wonder if Yuki Kobayashi at Celtic might be an option? Signed under Postecoglou, and played for them a few times at the tail end of his last season there, but has fallen out of favour entirely under Rodgers and had been linked with a few loans away earlier this year, but any deals collapsed. Don't know much about the lad, but knowing how high of a line Postecoglou played, you'd have to assume he's pretty mobile at the very least.