Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Luke McCowan scored 10 and assisted 5 for a newly promoted Dundee side last season. He's on 1 goal and 3 assists in 4 cup games already this season. Played mostly as an 8 in the past couple of seasons but can play as an AM or RW too. A very good all rounder  who can also take freekicks, corners and penalties. He won their Player of the Season award last season. 26 years old so entering his prime years.

Abdelkahar Kadri - 24 year old Algerian CM/AM (played at CB once too). Currently plays for Kortrijk in Belgium. Has a similar play style to Goudmijn, but is more likely to score. Cardiff were linked to him a fee weeks back, so should be affordable.

Himad Abdelli scored 9 and assisted 2 for Angers (French 2nd Div). Another good dribbler and one of the best in the league for progressive passes. Very good defensive contribution and strong in the air too.

Makoto Mitsuta is a 25 year old Japanese AM. Over his career, he's averaged a goal contribution every other game. He's one of the very best at dribbling, shooting and creating chances in the J-League. He has very good technique and good freekicks.

3 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Wages would be a problem i guess same with the ipswich lad

Think the Ipswich lad would be easier, he came from league two for a million.

cannon was about £5m from spurs so would think is being paid quite a bit more.

13 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Think the Ipswich lad would be easier, he came from league two for a million.

cannon was about £5m from spurs so would think is being paid quite a bit more.

Thought Cannon was at Everton?

I wonder if Kenzo’s got any mates we can sign? 🤔 No idea of names to suggest myself but he looks like a good addition and is a good age, perhaps there’s a pacy technically adept cb lurking somewhere under the radar in the Netherlands, or a striker we can shape to be the ideal combo of McGoldrick and Collins. 

51 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wonder if Kenzo’s got any mates we can sign? 🤔 No idea of names to suggest myself but he looks like a good addition and is a good age, perhaps there’s a pacy technically adept cb lurking somewhere under the radar in the Netherlands, or a striker we can shape to be the ideal combo of McGoldrick and Collins. 

Matisse Didden is perhaps the only CB from the Netherlands I'd consider for us at this moment in time. CBs there tend to fsvour the trchnical side of the game over the physical aspect we'd be looking for. He recently joined Utrecht from a 2nd division side, so is someone I would keep an eye on for next summer.

Elkan Baggott (Ipswich) has previously been linked and ticks a lot of boxes. However, he's left sided, so more of a replacement for Cashin if we do sell him.

I previously suggested Iurie Iovu (Moldovan playing in Croatia) and Štěpán Chaloupek (Czechia). The latter moved for £1m earlier in the summer but is worth tracking. Iovu is similar to Cashin, in that he commits to everything. 

Nemanja Đeković (Serbia) is a complete CB. I'd even be willing to bet on him being statistically the best defensively in Europe last season. Blocks, interceptions, tackles, sliding tackles, aerial battles, he rarely loses any sort of battle. He doesn't dribble out of defence, but his forward passing is good. A good threat from set pieces. Only 21 and 1.95m tall. The only downside is him picking up a knee injury in traininh and missing the last few months of the season.

Screenshot_20240804_162441_Chrome.jpg.0ee3c0a8ffe7729c1fe586f815c7a8bc.jpg20240804_163935.jpg.bbc6afc1bb2712b6d2694b8c312d887d.jpg

22 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

I mentioned him ages ago but Brandon Williams is still a free agent. LB, 23, on loan at Ipswich last season but was injured after Jan. 

I can't find any updates on him since he was released from Man Utd. 

Maybe Salford or Stockport would be more up his alley. We could do with a LB though...

Do we need 3 left backs?

21 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

I mentioned him ages ago but Brandon Williams is still a free agent. LB, 23, on loan at Ipswich last season but was injured after Jan. 

Maybe Salford or Stockport would be more up his alley. We could do with a LB though...

I think he’s shown himself to be a bit of an idiot in the past hasn’t he? And I know people deserve second chances etc, just not sure he’d fit Warne’s idea of a good character. 

19 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

He has a good amount of experience but has clearly lost his way since he's been cast aside by United. I can remember when he had that breakthrough spell at United I thought there was a player there. He is right footed so would probably fancy a move somewhere he can play right back instead. 

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think he’s shown himself to be a bit of an idiot in the past hasn’t he? And I know people deserve second chances etc, just not sure he’d fit Warne’s idea of a good character. 

One of my friends is his building neighbour, he lives in one of the big Deansgate towers in Manchester. Despite having an underground carpark, Williams parks his G-Wagon outside the front door on double yellows. He doesn't care about the fines, constantly boasts about his cash. I'm told the building security hate him as he frequently holds all night parties.

Sounds like Warne will love him...

12 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He managed to get 30 points on his licence, which is almost impressive.

Christ, he's got dangerous driving & driving without insurance charges awaiting trial in March 2025. What a k*******.