Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 hour ago, eddielewis said:

I'd feel bad if the club goes after him as we'd be exploiting a struggling club but I guess a really cheap if not free (depending on the situation) good number 9 prospect we could grab right now is Zan Vipotnik from Bordeaux. Yesterday FSG (who own Liverpool) pulled out of buying the club and have been relegated to semi-professional 3rd division. They need to raise essentially £50 million or at least have a budgetary plan to pay that off in the next week or so otherwise they could be liquidated or thrown into the 5th division of French football which is sad as Bordeaux are such a big club where so many good players have come through their ranks. Very similar situation to ourselves in a way. 

I'm absolutely astounded that this has been allowed to happen, they're a big club full of history and have produced top players for years. Project Money Laundering at PSG has destroyed any credibility in Ligue 1 (and City Group letting Troyes decay etc). Foreign owners are ruining this sport.

An interesting CB option would be Iurie Iovu. He's capped 3 times by Moldova, spent 4 years in Cagliari's academy, but spent the last 2 seasons in Croatia for Istra 1961. He's still only 22. He signed a contract extension last month, but having just spent the last hour watching footage of him I would still be trying to sign him.

The best way to describe him is by comparing him to Cashin. He's dominant in the air (as you'd expect for someone 1.96m tall), he likes to accurately ping the ball out to the wings (but capable of doing it with either foot), and he likes to commit to challenges (resulting in a low duel win%). Despite his height, he is quick, and likes to push up the field with the ball to start attacks. He's an all action CB who is good at slode tackles and you'll often see him diving in with defensive headers. Due to being 2 footed, he would be ideal in the central CB position, but would be a good mobile option as a left sided CB if Cashin was unavailable.

Štěpán Chaloupek (21) just moved to Slavia Praha from Teplice (Czechia) for £1m and is someone to keep an eye on. He'd be a solid and reliable central CB.

Abdoulaye Faye (19) is currnelty on loan to a Swedish 2nd division side and has been defensively solid, often brings the ball out of defense, and has chipped in creating chances for others. Someone to look at for the U21s if the price is right.

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

An interesting CB option would be Iurie Iovu. He's capped 3 times by Moldova, spent 4 years in Cagliari's academy, but spent the last 2 seasons in Croatia for Istra 1961. He's still only 22. He signed a contract extension last month, but having just spent the last hour watching footage of him I would still be trying to sign him.

The best way to describe him is by comparing him to Cashin. He's dominant in the air (as you'd expect for someone 1.96m tall), he likes to accurately ping the ball out to the wings (but capable of doing it with either foot), and he likes to commit to challenges (resulting in a low duel win%). Despite his height, he is quick, and likes to push up the field with the ball to start attacks. He's an all action CB who is good at slode tackles and you'll often see him diving in with defensive headers. Due to being 2 footed, he would be ideal in the central CB position, but would be a good mobile option as a left sided CB if Cashin was unavailable.

Štěpán Chaloupek (21) just moved to Slavia Praha from Teplice (Czechia) for £1m and is someone to keep an eye on. He'd be a solid and reliable central CB.

Abdoulaye Faye (19) is currnelty on loan to a Swedish 2nd division side and has been defensively solid, often brings the ball out of defense, and has chipped in creating chances for others. Someone to look at for the U21s if the price is right.

as last night proved we are desperate for a left sided cb with pace. really think cashin will be exposed too many times this season.

A few AM/W options today.

Donis Avdijaj is a 27 year old who can play LW, AM, or CF. Last season he scored 12 and assisted 6 in 25 Austrian Bundesliga games, and would have had more assists if not for poor finishing from other players. He once scored 44 and assisted 13 in a single U17 season (25 games) when at Schalke. He regrets not joining Liverpool 10 years ago, so would be open to moving to England and could use us as a last chance to play in the PL.

Danijel Djuric is 21, from Bulgaria, playing in Iceland for Vikingur. Primarily an AM, he often plays on the LW. He currently has 8 goals and 4 assists in 19 games this season (11 goals and 9 assists last season). He's a very good dribbler, tries to pass forwards whenever possible, takes very good free kicks, and presses from the front. Would initially struggle with the physicality of the Championship

Igor Miladinović is a hard working 21 year old AM playing for Čukarički, Serbia. His contract expires at the end of December, so they may want to cash in before it's too late. 12 goals and 4 assists in 42 games, although 7 of those were in Europe where they were underdogs in every game - he still scored against Olympiacos. He's very good in tight sapces, good shooter, good passer, etc....

Nemanja Motika (21) came through the Bayern Munich academy then spent time in Serbia with Red Star Belgrade. He's currently Elsnik's teammate (Olympija, Slovenia) and had 7 goals and 8 assists last season from the wing. Creates, shoots, tackles, dribbles, and strong in the air.

A new CF option I stumbled upon...

Jean-Philippe Krasso just joined Paris FC (French 2nd division) for £1.25m. In 22/23, he scored 17 and assisted 12 in 35 games for St Etienne, before going to Red Star Belgrade on a free, recording 9 goals and 5 assists in just 1489 minutes of football. Despite his minimal game time, he excelled in a wide range of areas
image.png.73750dded3219023f7115683c5e71508.png

Loan options for LWB, CB, 10 and Number 9.

LWB

Owen Beck (21) - Liverpool - Previously on loan at Dundee and Bolton

Josh Wilson-Esbrand (21) - City - Previously on loan at Reims and Coventry + Cardiff in the championship

CB 

Ashley Phillips (19) - Spurs - Played 14 games for Blackburn before signing for Spurs then going on loan to Plymouth. Perfect choice as he’s quick tall and athletic.

Nigel Longwijk (21) - Wolves - has played 22 eredivisie games and 46 league one games between Plymouth and Wycombe getting a promotion in his time at Plymouth.

No.10

Sarmiento (22) - Brighton - plays on either wing and would suit the role of one of thr 2 10’s behind the striker under Warne. Be tough competition for this one as he played 43 championship names last season for Ipswich and West Brom getting 6 goals and an assist. 

Bobby Clark (19) - Liverpool - we know Warne wants him and it’s clear why, got 2 assists and a goal in his 12 appearances for Liverpool last season. Maybe third time lucky.

NO.9

Fabio Silva (22) - Wolves - bit of a rogue one but not much young strikers available for loan will be good at holding it up and getting others into play. Once a 35 million man (never should have been). Has since bounced around Anderlecht, PSV and Rangers on loan scoring 22 goals in 57 games which isn’t the worst but only 4 goals in the Scottish league and 4 goals in the eredivisie. Certianly won’t be playing in a top 5 league. Suits Warne as he wins a lot of aerial duels and works very hard. Wasn’t much option so picked him but probably unlikely. 

Youssef Chermiti (20) - Everton - Signed last year from sporting after scoring 6 goals in 32 games. He is fast and 6 foot 4. Didn’t score any goals for Everton last year but played minimal minutes and lived on scraps. Wins a lot of headers aswell so would suit that lone 9 with players in and around him.

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Nigel Longwijk (21) - Wolves - has played 22 eredivisie games and 46 league one games between Plymouth and Wycombe getting a promotion in his time at Plymouth.

Might prompt a few chants 🤣🤣

On 24/07/2024 at 14:13, eddielewis said:

I'd feel bad if the club goes after him as we'd be exploiting a struggling club but I guess a really cheap if not free (depending on the situation) good number 9 prospect we could grab right now is Zan Vipotnik from Bordeaux. Yesterday FSG (who own Liverpool) pulled out of buying the club and have been relegated to semi-professional 3rd division. They need to raise essentially £50 million or at least have a budgetary plan to pay that off in the next week or so otherwise they could be liquidated or thrown into the 5th division of French football which is sad as Bordeaux are such a big club where so many good players have come through their ranks. Very similar situation to ourselves in a way. 

They signed him only last season for around 2 million euros. Scored 20 for Maribor in his home country Slovenia and 10 goals last year in Ligue 2. Came off the bench for Slovenia in the Euros this past month as well. I can imagine clubs all over Europe are looking to pick off all of their players.

I read Bordeaux will be giving up their pro status and all players will be able to walk away from their contracts. Hopefully Derby have looked into this as they’ve a couple players who are championship standard.

29 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I read Bordeaux will be giving up their pro status and all players will be able to walk away from their contracts. Hopefully Derby have looked into this as they’ve a couple players who are championship standard.

Such a sad story and this could have very easily been us. Hopefully their fans can organise a phoenix club because they have such an institution in french football. The 98 world cup winning team was pretty much a byproduct of Bordeaux.

It would be foolish for us not to look into some of their players.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This sounds a clever ruse by Blackburn. I wonder if we've been investigating similar deals. A loophole that is unlikely to remain open for long. 

If it's a clause in his contract at Hiroshima, then I wouldn't really consider it a ruse or loophole, just a good bit of business on Blackburn's part. Might be a bit frustrating for Hiroshima, but they'd have known this would be the situation when they signed him to that deal.

I'd hope we are looking at deals like this, though. Seems like an awful lot of players moving from the J- and K-Leagues to England and Scotland lately.

Edited by JfR

Bordeaux are terminating all of their players’ contracts after withdrawing their professional licence.

Zan Vipotnik is a highly rated, young striker. 22 years old, 6ft1, a decent goal record and plays internationally for Slovenia.

He attracted interest from Celtic last year, and may be too expensive for us in terms of wages as he’ll probably have a fair few offers if he’s available for no fee.

Just now, WarCatDCFC said:

Where are the one's who attack me because I said Nathaniel Mendez-Laing will be bad in the championship

When I said Craig Forsyth is going to cost us in the championship because he bad

Callum Elder needs to go 

Remember I got a attack and got called ai now where's my apology

Forsyth and NML ??? There were 7 or 8 players who performed worse than them.

1 minute ago, WarCatDCFC said:

I know there was more then these players people on here laughed at me for saying what I said now look who saw it coming

But on today's evidence... Forsyth looked fine and NML got no time. 

34 minutes ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Where are the one's who attack me because I said Nathaniel Mendez-Laing will be bad in the championship

When I said Craig Forsyth is going to cost us in the championship because he bad

Callum Elder needs to go 

Where have you been the last few weeks? Had a nice break? I recall you posting concerns around our recruitment, lots of worry that we were missing out on players but not much said once we started to sign players. Now you’re keen for people to issue you an apology….because you wrote the players, squad, and club off before a ball was kicked and you feel vindicated after a couple of poor pre season games?

I don’t think you’re AI but I’m also not sure you’ll be getting an apology from anyone. 

4 hours ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Callum Elder needs to go 

Seems like someone's been rebooted since the CrowdStrike outage