Charlton Athletic v Derby County: Ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that'sthe baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

31Vickers

35Nelson

5Bradley

6Cashin

23Ward 

24Nyambe

32Adams

16Thompson

8Bird 🦅 

4Hourihane

17Sibley

20Elder

11Méndez-Laing

7Barkhuizen

2Wilson

9Collins

31Vickers - 7 didn’t have much to do and looked better today.

35Nelson - 8 What a player 

5Bradley - 8 he’s been getting better and better lately and today he was immense

6Cashin - 8 back to his best today after a few shakey games. That back 3 is amazing.

23Ward - 7 looked better defensively and was decent on the ball. Probably his best game in a rams shirt.

24Nyambe - 6

32Adams - 8 Wow he was everywhere and won everything. Looks like a great pick up 

16Thompson - 6 was decent when he came on and worked hard 

8Bird 🦅 - 8.5 was very good today, great assist and nearly scored a worldie

4Hourihane - 6.5 looked better than late but lost the ball a lot and lost a lot of duels one on one 

17Sibley - 6.5 solid and worked hard, few poor deliveries in the final third though 

20Elder - 6.5 solid and competent when he came on. Looks like he’s getting back to his best.

11Méndez-Laing - 7 took his goal well but didn’t play long enough to get a higher score. Hope he’s ok

7Barkhuizen - 6 was very average 

2Wilson - 6

9Collins - 6.5 worked hard as per did F all with the ball and fed off scraps.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that'sthe baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

31Vickers 5.5

35Nelson 7.5

5Bradley 6.5

6Cashin 7

23Ward 6.5

24Nyambe 6

32Adams 7

16Thompson 5.5

8Bird 🦅  8

4Hourihane 6

17Sibley 6

20Elder 6

11Méndez-Laing 7

7Barkhuizen 6.5

2Wilson 6

9Collins 6

Edited by sage

TV

31Vickers - 6 still think he’s shaky

35Nelson - 8 Calmness personified 

5Bradley - 7.5 grew into the game 

6Cashin - 7.5 won some important challenges 

23Ward - 7 his crosses deserve better 

24Nyambe - 6 not much to do 

32Adams - 7.5 a warrior 

16Thompson - 5.5 not good enough for a team vying for promotion 

8Bird 🦅 - 8 anyone questioning his commitment should watch this game 

4Hourihane - 5 his experience was useful at the end but today was fast and furious and he just isn’t 

17Sibley - 6 he did okay 

20Elder - 6.5 did some good defensive work 

11Méndez-Laing - 6.5 nice goal, manky foot

7Barkhuizen - 5.5 is at his best when he drives forward and either crosses or shoots. His general play is poor 

2Wilson - 6

9Collins - 6.5 his pitch map must be amazing 

31Vickers          6.5

35Nelson           7

5Bradley            7

6Cashin            7.5

23Ward             6.5

24Nyambe         6

32Adams           8

16Thompson      6

8Bird 🦅             7.5

4Hourihane       6.5

17Sibley            6.5

20Elder              6.5

11Méndez-Laing     6.5

7Barkhuizen       6.5

2Wilson              6

9Collins             6.5

31Vickers - 6.5 Don't know why, but he makes me nervous. Did nothing wrong today, mind.

35Nelson - 7.5 Back to his imperious best, a really solid outing.

5Bradley - 8.0 You know some folk did say he'd come good! An excellent outing, but he'll need to back it up now. I think he will.

6Cashin - 7.5 Like the rest of our defence, he looked way more comfortable than of late. 

23Ward - 7.0 Another who has been written off but the lad's a decent player and will be finding his legs when others are wilting.

24Nyambe - 7.0 Gets a 7 just for coming home.

32Adams - 8.5 Holy fook, what an entrance! Well he told us what he'd bring and boy did he bring it. Needs games, but this lad looks a find and I'd be contemplating things beyond end of season on that showing. 

16Thompson - 6.5 Bit quieter than of late, but put in a shift, as always.

8Bird  - 8.5 MOTM - A captain's performance and whatever some think, I'm gutted he's leaving. Best player on the park IMO.

4Hourihane - 6.5 Better than of late, but still ran out of steam quite early in the game. If ever there was a time to rest him up, this is it. 

17Sibley - 7.0 Disciplined and effective from Louie, this was a bright performance.  

20Elder - 7.0 Yet another dismissed by some on here but he's improving all the while.

11Méndez-Laing - 7.5 He shoots, he scores. Love him to bits. 

7Barkhuizen - 6.5 A quieter performance after showing better form recently.

2Wilson - 6.5 Did what he was needed to well enough.

9Collins - 6.5 Man's an absolute Trojan, but this was just an average showing by his standards.

WarneWatch: Decent from the gaffer today. Got most things spot on and the re-jigged defence looked very solid which will please him and the coaches as much as anything. Fair one Warney, just need to keep us here now! 😋

31Vickers          7

35Nelson           7

5Bradley            7

6Cashin            7

23Ward             7

24Nyambe         6

32Adams           8

16Thompson      6

8Bird 🦅             7

4Hourihane       6

17Sibley            7

20Elder              6.5

11Méndez-Laing     6

7Barkhuizen       6

2Wilson              6

9Collins             6

Rams TV (nice zoomed out view so you could see what was going on…..but not always who was doing it)

31Vickers          6.5……did nothing wrong

35Nelson           7.5……solid. Again.

5Bradley            7.5…..very decent

6Cashin            7.5……half point off for some loose passes. Full point on for sheer number of defensive interventions. Incredible 

23Ward             6.5…..did OK. Worldie free kick first half that no one got on the end of

24Nyambe         6…..no time

32Adams          7.5…….brilliant first half….faded after yellow but looks a good signing tbf

16Thompson      6….no time

8Bird 🦅             7.5…..brilliant assist, brilliant mazy run and very good performance. Pity about the pass behind Collins

4Hourihane       6…..OK….not his best game

17Sibley            6.5…..another good game. Decent defensively and kept trying to go forward 

20Elder              6.5…..good cameo

11Méndez-Laing     7……looked lively from the off. Great finish

7Barkhuizen       6.5…..quite lively and is a decent ‘out’ when we put everyone behind the ball

2Wilson              6…no time

9Collins             6.5…..worked incredibly hard. Two half chances. Some decent hold up and link play.

Much better than last week but still quite a tough watch. 
Nobody had a bad game.

31Vickers          6

35Nelson           7.5

5Bradley            7.5

6Cashin            7.5

23Ward             6.5

24Nyambe         6

32Adams           7.5

16Thompson      6

8Bird 🦅             8

4Hourihane       5.5

17Sibley            6.5

20Elder              6.5

11Méndez-Laing     7

7Barkhuizen       6.5

2Wilson              6

9Collins             6

31Vickers: 7 Doesn’t have the on-pitch personality of JW but every bit as good of a keeper. A critical punched clearance and 3 regulation saves. 2 poor kicks straight into touch. 

35Nelson: 8 I’d want this man alongside me in the trenches. He’s my captain.,

5Bradley: 7.5 His rehab is almost complete and we’re all erasing his jelly-legs early days. Epitomised the spirit of the day with a British Bulldog showing. 

6Cashin: 8 Tenacity, guile & perpetual motion. Never stops working because he has no off switch. 

23Ward: 6.5 3 or 4 pretty crosses but has to make more of a contribution for me.

24Nyambe: 6.0 Late legs but filled me with relief & reassurance in the nervous nineties. 

32Adams: 8 His name is Ebrima "Ebou" Adams; such was his impact that already the “Ebouuuuuuuuu” a la “Poooooooom” spontaneously rang up as the travelling Rams acknowledged an impressive debut wherein the Smiling Assassin blocked, tackled and recycled possessions with a graceful menace. Went off with cramp but an exceptional addition who brings stonewall solidity. 

16Thompson :  6 Wasp-like late legs. 

8Bird 🦅 : 8 I’m gutted that he’s leaving. His press & pass through the eye of a needle was a moment of high quality. Should have scored when he danced a jig past the Charlton back line only to stroke it wide. 

4Hourihane: 6 Flappy, floppy paddle. 

17Sibley: 7.5 Presence and determination & started several raids out left. 

20Elder: 6.5 Telling interceptions and long-ranging clearances in the nervous nineties but always seems a bit flat-footed to me.

11Méndez-Laing: 7.5 Won the match in 31 minutes. Warne better pray hard for NML’s quick recovery. 

7Barkhuizen: 6.5 Insufficient impact & sideways running 🏃 

2Wilson 6 Late legs. 

9Collins 6.5 I love Collo’s heart and work rate but quite often he looks like he’s some random chap in his own private running race that just happens to be on a football pitch where a game is simultaneously taking place. I hold Warne responsible for this not Collo. Can’t really recall Collo with the ball under control the entire 90. 

An ugly win and spot-on tactics because Charlton are a bunch of bone-splitters. We effectively showed a moment of class then brought the shutters down and for that Warne & his staff take credit. The mutual love in the camp is great but the staff’s job is also to instil some craft and skill and a degree of eye-pleasing product and that is not so much in evidence and it’s no use saying wait until we get up for that because it’ll be too late. 
The attached picture epitomises the game yesterday in microcosm. I’m pleased for Sonney Bradley who had his best game in a Ram’s shirt.

f4243c96-d93f-43c9-9dfc-0ef7eb339ac9.jpeg

RAMSTV

31Vickers - 7 

35Nelson - 8 

5Bradley - 8 

6Cashin - 8 

23Ward - 7 

24Nyambe - 6

32Adams - 8 

16Thompson - 6 

8Bird 🦅 - 8.5 

4Hourihane - 6.5 

17Sibley - 7.5

20Elder - 6.5 

11Méndez-Laing - 7 

7Barkhuizen - 6 

2Wilson - 6

9Collins - 6.5 

43 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

31Vickers: 7 Doesn’t have the on-pitch personality of JW but every bit as good of a keeper. A critical punched clearance and 3 regulation saves. 2 poor kicks straight into touch. 

35Nelson: 8 I’d want this man alongside me in the trenches. He’s my captain.,

5Bradley: 7.5 His rehab is almost complete and we’re all erasing his jelly-legs early days. Epitomised the spirit of the day with a British Bulldog showing. 

6Cashin: 8 Tenacity, guile & perpetual motion. Never stops working because he has no off switch. 

23Ward: 6.5 3 or 4 pretty crosses but has to make more of a contribution for me.

24Nyambe: 6.0 Late legs but filled me with relief & reassurance in the nervous nineties. 

32Adams: 8 His name is Ebrima "Ebou" Adams; such was his impact that already the “Ebouuuuuuuuu” a la “Poooooooom” spontaneously rang up as the travelling Rams acknowledged an impressive debut wherein the Smiling Assassin blocked, tackled and recycled possessions with a graceful menace. Went off with cramp but an exceptional addition who brings stonewall solidity. 

16Thompson :  6 Wasp-like late legs. 

8Bird 🦅 : 8 I’m gutted that he’s leaving. His press & pass through the eye of a needle was a moment of high quality. Should have scored when he danced a jig past the Charlton back line only to stroke it wide. 

4Hourihane: 6 Flappy, floppy paddle. 

17Sibley: 7.5 Presence and determination & started several raids out left. 

20Elder: 6.5 Telling interceptions and long-ranging clearances in the nervous nineties but always seems a bit flat-footed to me.

11Méndez-Laing: 7.5 Won the match in 31 minutes. Warne better pray hard for NML’s quick recovery. 

7Barkhuizen: 6.5 Insufficient impact & sideways running 🏃 

2Wilson 6 Late legs. 

9Collins 6.5 I love Collo’s heart and work rate but quite often he looks like he’s some random chap in his own private running race that just happens to be on a football pitch where a game is simultaneously taking place. I hold Warne responsible for this not Collo. Can’t really recall Collo with the ball under control the entire 90. 

An ugly win and spot-on tactics because Charlton are a bunch of bone-splitters. We effectively showed a moment of class then brought the shutters down and for that Warne & his staff take credit. The mutual love in the camp is great but the staff’s job is also to instil some craft and skill and a degree of eye-pleasing product and that is not so much in evidence and it’s no use saying wait until we get up for that because it’ll be too late. 
The attached picture epitomises the game yesterday in microcosm. I’m pleased for Sonney Bradley who had his best game in a Ram’s shirt.

f4243c96-d93f-43c9-9dfc-0ef7eb339ac9.jpeg

Always enjoy your reviews, but this is a cracker!

ATG

31Vickers - 7 - nothing wrong

35Nelson - 7.5 - solid as a rock

5Bradley - 8 - just edges it over the other 2 at the back, looked like the player we thought we'd signed

6Cashin - 7.5 - solid as a rock

23Ward - 7 - looks like the academy games have helped him get back to confidence,

24Nyambe - 6 - not much to do, saw it out

32Adams - 8.5 - he's what we've (and me) have been crying out for, a proper defensive midfielder

16Thompson - 6 - not much to do, put in a shift

8Bird 🦅 - 8.5 - just edges my MOM (can I give him an 8.6?...) back to his best now he's got a proper DM behind him

4Hourihane - 7 - better than he's been recently, but tiring

17Sibley - 7 - solid as a LB

20Elder - 7 - everything right

11Méndez-Laing - 7.5 - everything he touches turns to gold

7Barkhuizen - 6.5 - quiet performance, but nothing wrong

2Wilson - 6 - not much to do, saw it out

9Collins - 7 - worked hard as always, half chances, great link up

On 03/02/2024 at 17:20, Ellafella said:

31Vickers 6 comfortable in everything he did

35Nelson 7 mr consistency 

5Bradley 7 rock solid performance 

6Cashin 7 did Alfie May play, Cash totally nullified his threat

23Ward 7 one dodgy moment but put in a good display

24Nyambe 6

32Adams 7 immense first half , tailed off in second

16Thompson 6

8Bird 🦅 8 totally professional performance , outstanding contribution 

4Hourihane 6.5 had his moments 

17Sibley 7.5 very mature performance, growing into role

20Elder 6